Star Wars

Day

On 11/12/2020 at 01:41, Andicis said:

Awful actor, very nostalgic though. 

He wasn't great but by the same token, there were some pretty good actors in those films who were hampered by the dialogue. Not many come out of those films smelling of roses. I suspect I and Hayden Christiansen will always blame George Lucas for that.

1 hour ago, r4derby said:

But that was why Rogue One was so good. You knew the majority of new characters didn’t make it, and yet you still cared for the story. It was very well made. If the series tells interesting stories, I’m all for it.

Plus in Star Wars, it’s rare for anyone to be truly dead. Darth Mail came back and he was chopped in two and fell down a massive drop!

I think they are all dead tbh, but I guess something could have swooped in to pick them up  at the last second.

I think Andor will be more about what he did before he met his end, he was a morally dubious character that did whatever it took to achieve his goal - should make for a hell of a show imo, a good guy doing bad things...

2 hours ago, r4derby said:

But that was why Rogue One was so good. You knew the majority of new characters didn’t make it, and yet you still cared for the story. It was very well made. If the series tells interesting stories, I’m all for it.

Plus in Star Wars, it’s rare for anyone to be truly dead. Darth Mail came back and he was chopped in two and fell down a massive drop!

The cool thing about Star Wars is that they have a history spanning 1000s of years to delve into. So they don’t have to do things chronologically, and can tell a story from a hundred years ago, bringing back dead characters. 

game of thrones can, and probably will do this too. But the MCU for example can’t do this as much (they’ve done a couple of tule jumps to the past in captain amarías snd Scarlett widow, but generally speaking they don’t have a history spanning millennia that they can mine, so most things will be fairly linear). 

4 hours ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

How many Mandalorians series 2 have been shown so far and how many more to go ?

The plan is to join Disney+ for a month binge watch the lot and then cancel. I guess this is possible right ?

There’s 7 episodes of series 2 up on Disney+ Currently, with at least 1 more to go next Friday. You sign up on a month by month basis, so if you sign up and then cancel it will stop after a month. If you haven’t used it before, you can get a months trial free.

Great episode...but i have a couple of issues....spoliers...

Stormtroopers - Obi wan says they are so precise in Star Wars...they are and have always been rubbish shots but never worse than this episode, they we bloody rubbish.

Was the episode all a waste of time anyway? Clearly Luke didnt turn up just because the mandalorians were there, and while the mandalorians might have made it easier luke just made such easy work of the dark troopers i dont think he would have had any issues anyway getting Grogu. So no need really for the Mandalorians to do what they did.

Also Moff Gideon will not doubt still be alive, why hadnt they killed him, they killed everyone else without a second thought?

It was great fun though. Post credit scene was interesting.

Also, how is this lady 57 IRL?

Ming-Na-Wen-The-Mandalorian.jpg

Edited by Sith Happens

4 hours ago, Sith Happens said:

Great episode...but i have a couple of issues....spoliers...

Stormtroopers - Obi wan says they are so precise in Star Wars...they are and have always been rubbish shots but never worse than this episode, they we bloody rubbish.

Was the episode all a waste of time anyway? Clearly Luke didnt turn up just because the mandalorians were there, and while the mandalorians might have made it easier luke just made such easy work of the dark troopers i dont think he would have had any issues anyway getting Grogu. So no need really for the Mandalorians to do what they did.

Also Moff Gideon will not doubt still be alive, why hadnt they killed him, they killed everyone else without a second thought?

It was great fun though. Post credit scene was interesting.

Also, how is this lady 57 IRL?

Ming-Na-Wen-The-Mandalorian.jpg

Can’t believe she’s 57, that’s insane. I definitely would. 

26 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Is that it then? No more Mandalorian? 

There’s another season next year, it’s out around the same time as the Boba Fett miniseries, teased at the end of the episode. 

As much as I enjoyed the last episode, the CGI Luke took me out of it a bit. Great season all in all though.