Star Wars

Day

12 hours ago, r4derby said:

This episode felt a lot shorter than the other episodes

Not watched it yet, but it's the second shortest episode yet I think - at 31 mins. Ep2 of season 1 didn't even make 30 minutes!

Mad that some episodes have been 50 minutes - seems weird to have  TV shows these days that  don't have to stick to a set length to tell each part of the story

I think I like it

4 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Not watched it yet, but it's the second shortest episode yet I think - at 31 mins. Ep2 of season 1 didn't even make 30 minutes!

Mad that some episodes have been 50 minutes - seems weird to have  TV shows these days that  don't have to stick to a set length to tell each part of the story

I think I like it

Its the way forwards imo, if you don't have to stick to a tv schedule you can either cut out the crappy filler stuff or extend as necessary.

This latest episode is amazing, they did more for one character in half an hour than in any of the movies. 

15 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

I think I like it

I think they have a set budget for each episode and then spend it how they like, once they run out the episode ends!

I’ve actually binge watched Mandalorian over the weekend. Relegating the football to muted iPad viewing at same time. 

Absolutely captivated by it, in a similar way i am to Interstellar! Weird cos i find all the Star Wars films boring and instantly forgettable. I’m actually pissed off that there aren’t more episodes. 

Enjoying the cameos. 

6 hours ago, maxjam said:

Assembled my Razer Crest

image0.jpg

spoilers:
I just got it in my advent calendar yesterday. That would be some insane planning if Disney / Lego did that on purpose. I was so excited to have the razor crest, snd now realise that he’ll probably get some other iconic ship that I’ll want instead. 

18 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

I’ve actually binge watched Mandalorian over the weekend. Relegating the football to muted iPad viewing at same time. 

Absolutely captivated by it, in a similar way i am to Interstellar! Weird cos i find all the Star Wars films boring and instantly forgettable. I’m actually pissed off that there aren’t more episodes. 

Enjoying the cameos. 

In some ways I wish they'd done the additional trilogies as serialised TV shows - if only to stop the SW purists constantly comparing the films. Mandalorian shows us now that it would have worked a treat as enjoyable entertainment

My lad was traumatised last night as he lost the baby and the ship!

1 hour ago, Stive Pesley said:

In some ways I wish they'd done the additional trilogies as serialised TV shows - if only to stop the SW purists constantly comparing the films. Mandalorian shows us now that it would have worked a treat as enjoyable entertainment

My lad was traumatised last night as he lost the baby and the ship!

Bit of a spoiler there ?

On 06/12/2020 at 11:41, Sith Happens said:

Great Episode. 

but spoiler

Can't get used to Boba Fett being a good guy.

Ah but that’s the beauty of it, who is actually the ‘good guy’? Mando is a bounty hunter who has shown he will hunt anyone for a price, although his morals can get in the way.

The rebels just get in the way. Not your traditional goodies. Mando is going to rely on people working outside of the law to help him achieve his good deed. Makes for a more compelling series. 

Have consciously avoided reading this thread to avoid spoilers. Not really a massive Star Wars fan like some on here, but have seen them all over time. Liked the first and last three, but preferred the Mandalorian to both tbh.

Patience due to be rewarded I hope, with undisturbed Xmas binge session. GF liked season 1 so there's that! Seems we'll be stuck indoors under Tier 2 anyway so will stock up on Xmas food and booze to complement. Small mercies!