Star Wars

Day

Just now, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

I'll add that to the lockdown list - good reviews!

bit daft to start but really got into it and the characters as it went on

12 hours ago, maxjam said:

Ep#2 seemed like filler to me, didn't really progress any of the story.

Still, it was a tasty episode ?

Just watched it. To be fair, season 1 started a little slowly before the series kick off about episode 4. This feels similar, it’s introducing story beats for later in the series. Still enjoyed it, characters that shouldn’t work but it just does.

On 07/11/2020 at 10:04, maxjam said:

Ep#2 seemed like filler to me, didn't really progress any of the story.

Still, it was a tasty episode ?

I felt much the same - annoying that they drop Boba in at the end of Ep1 and then don't follow it up in Ep2. Also, still no Moff Gideon/Dark Saber

But then remembered that Ep2 of S1 had me feeling the same. Big reveal at the end of Ep1 and then Ep2 seemed like a routine story which did nothing beyond introduce a random alien.

It even had the same cutesy factor reference of Yoda eating the eggs/Yoda stealing the gearknob!

10 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

I felt much the same - annoying that they drop Boba in at the end of Ep1 and then don't follow it up in Ep2. Also, still no Moff Gideon/Dark Saber

But then remembered that Ep2 of S1 had me feeling the same. Big reveal at the end of Ep1 and then Ep2 seemed like a routine story which did nothing beyond introduce a random alien.

It even had the same cutesy factor reference of Yoda eating the eggs/Yoda stealing the gearknob!

Thing is, I like the fact that this series goes along at it's own pace. One minute, you're watching a blaster battle with 20 characters, the next it's a 10 min skit of the Child trying to nick another egg. As you mentioned, the first series didn't move at the same pace every episode, but it built character stuff and background.

Don't worry, Boba will show up, as well as Moff. But they've got at least another 6 episodes to squeeze them in alongside the over-arching story. I also don't think thats the last we have seen of the X-Wing Resistance fighters!

5 hours ago, Gritstone Ram said:

RIP Lord Vader actor David Prowse a sad day for the force.

Sadly he wasn't treated well by the likes of Lucas. 

I remember him teaching us how to cross the road. 

On 28/11/2020 at 12:35, Sith Happens said:

The latest episode was great. 

On 29/11/2020 at 12:56, maxjam said:

Yeah, great episode. 

Nice little interchange between Mando and 'the kid'.  Mando also has something to duel Moff Gideon's Darksaber with now...

Enjoyed it.

SPOILERS

Ashoka good as an older Jedi. Still a bit side questy, which I like but am ready for the main story to kick in now.

Edited by r4derby
Added spoiler for anyone who’s not seen it or any news about episode