Star Wars

David

2 hours ago, maxjam said:

Can't wait!

Amazing - I'd written off seeing any new stuff this year and almost forgotten about the Mandalorian. According to the wiki page they wrapped shooting in Mid-March, so that's pretty lucky

No sign of Moff Gideon in the trailers? Seems weird to introduce a new baddie, have him survive the end of Season 1 and then not have him in the trailer. Unless it's just a "no spoilers" thing for people who haven't watched Season 1

20 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Amazing - I'd written off seeing any new stuff this year and almost forgotten about the Mandalorian. According to the wiki page they wrapped shooting in Mid-March, so that's pretty lucky

No sign of Moff Gideon in the trailers? Seems weird to introduce a new baddie, have him survive the end of Season 1 and then not have him in the trailer. Unless it's just a "no spoilers" thing for people who haven't watched Season 1

Yup, they surely can't introduce Moff Gideon at the end of season 1 with the mythical dark saber and leave us hanging.  My (obvious) guess is he'll be chasing them across the galaxy as they try to find Baby Yoda's home.

As @86 Schmokes & a Pancake alluded, the first season of The Mandalorian was far better than some of the recent movies.  Really looking forwards to this ?

I really liked that each episode of the Mandalorian had a different flavour. Different directors working on the same programme and the same storyline, but being given the freedom to make their episode their own. Watching the directors round table gives a really interesting insight. 

Really looking forward to Season 2.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, maxjam said:

Awesome first episode, much better than any of the recent movies imo ?

Very good. Has such a good balance of taking its time to tell a story, yet manages to fit a lot into the episode. Looking forward to the next few with different directors again as well

3 hours ago, r4derby said:

Very good. Has such a good balance of taking its time to tell a story, yet manages to fit a lot into the episode. Looking forward to the next few with different directors again as well

Yeah its paced really well, manages to fit a lot into to 50 mins or however long it lasts.  Set design and CGI is top notch as well.  For a Star Wars fan, a nerd like me not just people that have watched the movies, there is something to pick out of almost every scene.

And thats not even mentioning the reveal at the end ?

1 hour ago, maxjam said:

Yeah its paced really well, manages to fit a lot into to 50 mins or however long it lasts.  Set design and CGI is top notch as well.  For a Star Wars fan, a nerd like me not just people that have watched the movies, there is something to pick out of almost every scene.

Yeah, it's got the balance spot on between old Star Wars references and newer characters and ideas. It tells a new story, set in worlds that are familiar, really well. Looking forward to this season

really enjoyed the first episode,  if only jon faverou had been given the sequel trilogy 

Edited by Sith Happens

On 31/10/2020 at 10:58, maxjam said:

Have you seen the short video on how they do the sets?? If you can find it on YouTube you won’t believe what’s actual physical set and what’s not.

1 hour ago, ramsbottom said:

Have you seen the short video on how they do the sets?? If you can find it on YouTube you won’t believe what’s actual physical set and what’s not.

Didn't know there was one, I'll check it out ty ?

On 02/11/2020 at 10:44, ThePrisoner said:

Great first episode of the second season! This really is fast becoming my favourite SW output but I always figured the side stories and stuff are what makes it more interesting anyway. 

I enjoyed it but it left me with questions.

1. Why does he need to find more Mandalorians in order to lead him to where Yoda's own kind come from? Feels like a tenuous basis for a quest plot

2. Why does he not know about the force and the Jedi (keeps calling them sorcerors) if this is set after Return Of The Jedi? One of the characters in the new episode even says something about the force

3. Where was MoffG with his dark saber??

9 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Was kinda hoping the whole series would be available for viewing rather than the weekly drip-feed. Alas I shall have to wait until the whole series is available as if anywhere near as good as season 1, this really begs to be binge-watched ?

I’ve watched a few things weekly recently. It’s made a nice change, almost a novelty. You forget how nice it is to have something to look forward to each week. 

4 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I’ve watched a few things weekly recently. It’s made a nice change, almost a novelty. You forget how nice it is to have something to look forward to each week. 

Yeah but I've the attention span of a gnat so I'll either miss episodes or forget what happened in earlier shows so best I stick with the goldfish technique I've adopted in recent years ?

15 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Was kinda hoping the whole series would be available for viewing rather than the weekly drip-feed. Alas I shall have to wait until the whole series is available as if anywhere near as good as season 1, this really begs to be binge-watched ?

The US do my head in sometimes,  mid season breaks that can last a couple of months.

Sometimes I do as you have said and binge watch. Sort of did that with 6 seasons of  schitts creek and really enjoyed it.

3 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

The US do my head in sometimes,  mid season breaks that can last a couple of months.

Sometimes I do as you have said and binge watch. Sort of did that with 6 seasons of  schitts creek and really enjoyed it.

I'll add that to the lockdown list - good reviews!