Star Wars

Day

Looks interesting ?

TBH I started watching Star Wars Rebels a while back kinda half heartedly, but found it to be very enjoyable - as is the Clone Wars animated series (that I haven't got to the end of yet).  Got reasonably high hopes for this as well.

Potentially there are some great shows there, especially if The Mandalorian is anything to go by.

The animated stuff will be lower down my list but really looking forwards to Lando, Kenobi, Andor - all three of those could explore the characters and expand the universe than was ever possible in the movies.

Roll on 2021

?

6 hours ago, Andicis said:

Awful actor, very nostalgic though. 

While i do agree, i think if you judged most of the actors in the prequels on those performances alone then you could consider them bad actors. The material they had to work with was pretty poor.

1 hour ago, Sith Happens said:

While i do agree, i think if you judged most of the actors in the prequels on those performances alone then you could consider them bad actors. The material they had to work with was pretty poor.

Maybe he’s improved a bit. And if he’s playing darth Vader all he really has to do is stand up straight and look menacing. 

not to disrespect David Prowse, but it wasn’t the most difficult acting gig in the world. 

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

Maybe he’s improved a bit. And if he’s playing darth Vader all he really has to do is stand up straight and look menacing. 

not to disrespect David Prowse, but it wasn’t the most difficult acting gig in the world. 

I thought samuel l Jackson was awful in the prequels, don't understand why they needed a name

Ewan McGregor was poor in the phantom menace but pretty good in the other two.

14 hours ago, maxjam said:

Probably just quicker to post this tweet instead - 10 new Star Wars TV shows coming in 2021.

Has there ever been a better time to be alive as a nerd...

Call me ungrateful, but if all that stuff comes out in 2021, then I fear it may be all a bit overwhelming. I'd be happy with just Mandalorian Season 3, Obi Wan and Lando (assuming it's Donald Glover?)

17 hours ago, Sith Happens said:

The one I'm not excited about is the series about the fella out of rogue one..spoilers.. he dies.

But that was why Rogue One was so good. You knew the majority of new characters didn’t make it, and yet you still cared for the story. It was very well made. If the series tells interesting stories, I’m all for it.

Plus in Star Wars, it’s rare for anyone to be truly dead. Darth Mail came back and he was chopped in two and fell down a massive drop!

17 minutes ago, r4derby said:

But that was why Rogue One was so good. You knew the majority of new characters didn’t make it, and yet you still cared for the story. It was very well made. If the series tells interesting stories, I’m all for it.

Plus in Star Wars, it’s rare for anyone to be truly dead. Darth Mail came back and he was chopped in two and fell down a massive drop!

He did yes, so did the emperor (sort of), jedi ghosts, Han (sort of). 

Ill give it a go of course, i was just never that invested in the characters from rogue one like i am the main ones.