v Manchester United (H) - Matchday Thread

Sean

1 minute ago, Coolascustard said:

And that’s a safe game to make mistakes.  We’re not winning the competition and no points are lost.  It’s a great experience for them and they’ll never get better if they don’t play in those games and make mistakes.

All games are safe to make mistakes in till the end of the season. We're not challenging top 6, or relegation.

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree the future looks good with the youngsters we have, but I just don’t get Cocu’s reasoning re surrendering a chance of progressing in the cup. Chris Martin could have caused their defence some problems tonight, and if we had scored a couple of goals in the first half from his assists (as we did score 3 made by him at Wednesday) then it might have made a big difference. And not even bringing him on as a sub, that’s an insult to a quality player ! 

I don’t think I can ever forgive him for that, he has no respect for the fans’ desire for a good run in the cup ! 

6 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Rolled over, had out bellies tickled, without them having to play any of their decent players
miles away. 

Other than the 5 that started their last league match you mean.

You either are on the wind up or just dont watch much football.

They had at least 3 players that cost more than our entire matchday squad.

Done the math. Their team with starting 11 and subs cost a total 310 million pounds. Add on top of that the wages a week. They should be winning comfortably. We have made an amazing account for ourselves and should have scored if Romero wasn’t making world class saves. I’m proud to be a ram right now. 

1 minute ago, Ramarena said:

It’s lots funny how our much maligned cb’s would have been our saviours tonight!

Im sure normal service will resume as soon as they concede a goal.

Clarke and Wisdom/Davies aren't perfect, but they're better than what we had out there tonight. Fozzy and Evans are not our future, why are we playing them ahead of the centre halves we have been using in the league, other than injury/fitness? I can totally understand playing young players, the centre half choice is baffling, though.

34 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

I’m not bothered about who he left out but just that there’s no continuity in a solid first 11 in March. He’s just swapped and changed all season. 

If the players don't show themselves to be capable of dealing with a variety of different situations you have to swap them out accordingly 

We could have put out the same team every week (well, no, we couldn't, but don't let that stop people complaining about changes) and been the most predictable team in the league, but without a better quality squad than the one we've got,  being predictable isn't a good thing, it wouldn't translate to "they know what we're going to do, but they're not good enough to stop us" territory. It would more likely translate to us being really bloody easy for everyone to play against and even more dropped points. 

20 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

No great disgrace in that defeat. Bit of naivety in the way we conceded and possibly good fortune for Utd with how the ball bounced. Didn't let our heads go down which was pleasing. We could quite easily have folded. Pleased for Wazza that he got a decent reception from the Utd fans. Lack of class from Mctominay. No need for his afters with Sibley. Good on LS for showing the maturity not to react. It's a sign he may be ready to join the rest of Cocus Kids. 

Yes .. ? ... I was so so pleased that Sibley kept his cool. Being a bit fiery is part of his game to say the least,  so it was just great that he is learning to focus it in the right way. McTominays face clutching antics were a disgrace.  

10 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Done the math. Their team with starting 11 and subs cost a total 310 million pounds. Add on top of that the wages a week. They should be winning comfortably. We have made an amazing account for ourselves and should have scored if Romero wasn’t making world class saves. I’m proud to be a ram right now. 

Yes if manure’s so called number 1 keeper would have been in the net tonight we might have been 1 up from Rooney’s free kick in the first half. That was an amazing save, I was right behind it in the north stand. Romero is better the De Gea at the moment ☹️ 

We could all bemoan the team selection, the goals conceaded but the simple fact is the score was inevitable and Man U were too good (to be honest I wouldn’t say that about many Man U sides we’ve faced in recent times). I will always argue that Mata over the course of his career has been the best player I’ve seen at Pride Park, pure class and plays the game in the right way.

Sibley is everything you’d want to see from a fan, loved watching the needle he gave out to them. Knight is the stand out of the young players for me though, but maybe it’s because he reminds me of Hendrick a lot. 

Kinda despised the Rooney show that the Man U fans wanted and the media wanted, wish the fans had got behind the whole team with a few chants even for the last 10 minutes to drown it out. I do feel we let ourselves down in these moments but that’s just my opinion.

Thought it was a brave selection to play 2 players at CB that are not first choice, and to play 3 academy graduates across the middle, and it back fired. But we tried, played a few neat passages of football and showed a bit of bite at times...but never looked like winning it for me. The amount of time and space gifted to Ighalo for both his goals is unforgiveable and pretty much sums up our season of not being decisive, aware and strong enough defensively for 90+ minutes....until this improves we will continue on this yo-yo of peformances and results

56 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I assume he meant unlucky not to score. We did have some good efforts.

I don't think anyone looking at 62 to 38% possession and 26 to 13 shots on goal could say manure were unlucky winners.

You can guarantee B4 will say we deserved to win it and then he’ll blame the referee.

Archived