v Manchester United (H) - Matchday Thread

Sean

Just now, Alpha said:

Lowe and Bogle have been really bad. 

I still hate Forsyth at CB. Hated it when Mac did it and hate it now. 

But other than that I think we've done ok. They just look like a bunch of better players. 

Lowe and Bogle have put in more tackles/interceptions than anyone else on the field, haven’t they?

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

Lowe and Bogle have put in more tackles/interceptions than anyone else on the field, haven’t they?

They've had suicidal bad touches, hospital passes, played United onside and been caught between going tight and defending the space. 

I know you love your stats but it is possible to have 100% pass completion and not make a useful pass. It's possible to have 10 shots on target but look more likely to score with 0. It's possible for Shaw to have an assist and Lingard to have that first goal, statistically. 

Before there's the inevitable pile on I want to say I applaud Cocu's team selection and for sticking to his principles. Despite the score we've been very unlucky and this game could have gone either way. But the experience gained will stand us in good stead in big games next season and that's what matters most if we want our golden generation of youngsters to take us into the Premier League. 

Archived