v Manchester United (H) - Matchday Thread

Sean

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

It’s an average season by their standards, they’re still sitting 5th in the prem. You’d say Wolves and Sheff Utd have had a good season and they’re above them both. 

Our season has been the definition of average in a division below.

We should be looking for a draw minimum then 

1 minute ago, rynny said:

United who are unbeaten in their last 8, and in good form at the minute? 

Just now, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

It’s an average season by their standards, they’re still sitting 5th in the prem. You’d say Wolves and Sheff Utd have had a good season and they’re above them both. 

Our season has been the definition of average in a division below.

I’d still prefer to play them over any of the bigger sides and expect an upset.

If Cocu sent those players out with no belief they could win the game then I’d be very disappointed.

I’m not moaning about the performance at all. I’m just saying that anything can happen in cup football and to say we couldn’t have expected a win is pretty sad. Why have 27k Derby fans turned up to expect a loss. 

It has become a bit hit and hope and it was a period of contagious sloppiness that gave United the momentum. 

Lost the plot a bit and they punished us for that. 

I do wish he'd gone with Forsyth at LB and Clarke at CB. I really don't like Forsyth at CB. 

But I don't think it's been about team selection. It was a lack of concentration and composure that encouraged them onto is. Shaw being given so much space to drive into. If he is going to keep being allowed space to get a run going like that then he'll have the game of his life. 

United really good at overloading the flanks. Outnumber us over and over again. Wingers are going to have to improve massively. Knight has done some good stuff but he's going to have to do even more. 

Considering what we need from our wide players here I'm surprised he went with Whittaker. 

Man U making their quality count. Their second string right back cost more than our starting 11 put together so no great surprise. 
Thought the lads have all done pretty well including Forsyth, Evans and Roos.  Bird struggling tonight, but he will learn from the experience. Hopefully we will see a bit more from Knight and Sibley second half, and a good chance too for Whittaker to make an impression. No real complaints from me.

2 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

I think some people think we are playing Sheff Wed again. 

If you can’t see the difference in quality from the passing, to the midfield runners breaking through our lines, etc then I don’t know what to tell you!

Nah, definitely United. A United side missing some key players too. 

Fully backed Cocu’s chopping and changing but this one has me scratching my head. Where has a Fozzy and Evans CB partnership come from? 
Why try all three young lads in a midfield against the toughest opposition we’ll play all year? 

Just a bit bemused. Love the FA cup and hate when we throw it. If you’re not arsed fair doo’s. 

Let’s hope they sit off and we can get back in the game. 

5 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Depressing how quickly some folk turn on the players and the manager. We could easily have had a goal first half and be right in this, against a very good side too, but hey, let's tear it all down instead ?‍♀️

Games like this tend to bring out more idiots. I don’t pay attention to them unless I’ve seen them on here regularly moaning during something like a Luton away. 

Archived