v Manchester United (H) - Matchday Thread

Sean

3 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Nah, definitely United. A United side missing some key players too. 

Fully backed Cocu’s chopping and changing but this one has me scratching my head. Where has a Fozzy and Evans CB partnership come from? 
Why try all three young lads in a midfield against the toughest opposition we’ll play all year? 

Just a bit bemused. Love the FA cup and hate when we throw it. If you’re not arsed fair doo’s. 

Let’s hope they sit off and we can get back in the game. 

Just expectations. United are 4th in the Prem form table over 10 games and still have a fair number of 1st team players in there. 

Were giving a decent showing and are behind to two fairly unlucky goals, yes they’ve had the better of it but they are better.

Were doing ok

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, rynny said:

United who are unbeaten in their last 8, and in good form at the minute? 

In that run they managed to beat Chelsea and City away from home, scored 19 goals and conceded only 2. Should be a piece of piss to beat them though - can't believe we've thrown this away.

3 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

It’s an average season by their standards, they’re still sitting 5th in the prem. You’d say Wolves and Sheff Utd have had a good season and they’re above them both. 

Our season has been the definition of average in a division below.

Come on - lets not live in the past like Forest fans - Ferguson isn't Man Utd manager anymore. Their last 6 finishes in the Prem have been 6th, 2nd, 6th, 5th, 4th, 7th. This is a good season for them considering they are still within touching distance of top 4.

1 minute ago, GenBr said:

In that run they managed to beat Chelsea and City away from home, scored 19 goals and conceded only 2. Should be a piece of piss to beat them though - can't believe we've thrown this away.

Come on - lets not live in the past like Forest fans - Ferguson isn't Man Utd manager anymore. Their last 6 finishes in the Prem have been 6th, 2nd, 6th, 5th, 4th, 7th. This is a good season for them considering they are still within touching distance of top 4.

Not living in the past. I’d still suggest by it’s average for Man Utd. 

They’re only in touching distance because the league is significantly weaker bar Liverpool and City.

3 minutes ago, GenBr said:

When did I say it would be a piece of piss? I just said why would fans have no belief we can get a result? Has there never been a cup upset before? 

5 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Just expectations. United are 4th in the Prem form table over 10 games and still have a fair number of 1st team players in there. 

Were giving a decent showing and are behind to two fairly unlucky goals, yes they’ve had the better of it but they are better.

Were doing ok

What I expect is a centre half of some description to be playing against a united side that are all that you’ve listed there!

Probably my main frustration, both goals easily avoidable with a bit better defending and shape. We were all over the place. Not sure about unlucky. Probably had more luck than not so far with the penalty and Sibley kick. 

This Sibley vs McTominay is a good watch mind. 

Just now, Mr Tibbs said:

What I expect is a centre half of some description to be playing against a united side that are all that you’ve listed there!

Probably my main frustration, both goals easily avoidable with a bit better defending and shape. We were all over the place. Not sure about unlucky. Probably had more luck than not so far with the penalty and Sibley kick. 

This Sibley vs McTominay is a good watch mind. 

Quality of the midfield runners your argument isn’t with of CB’s who’ve actually done fairly well it’s our midfield that haven’t shielded them well enough

Archived