v Manchester United (H) - Matchday Thread

Sean

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like we’ve wasted a couple of good opportunities this week if things stay as they are. Men vs boys and the men are unsurprisingly better. The boys should have been in Austria. 

Oh well, everyone got a nice Rooney program at least. ??‍♂️

Imagine being 2-0 down at HT to a mostly full strength side who are 5th in the prem & in form, and still be scrambling to pin blame. 

1 hour ago, Crazy said:

Or this

Roos

Bogle           -                  -     Lowe+Forsyth

Evans Bird

Rooney Sibley            Knight

Waghorn                  -                   Lawrence

That's just crazy

They’ve had two lucky goals and more of the possession.

Lots of criticism for the defence but i can’t see what they’ve done that’s particularly bad. Shaw misshits his goal and ighalo somehow gets the run of the ball through two tackles.

Weve had some decent moments and a couple of chances. I’d be tempted to bring Martin on with the runners we have

1 minute ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Where on earth have you been?

Watching the game mate ? 

I'm like 5 minutes behind the rest of the world I assumed my commentary would be useless. 

Really disappointing half that. You’ve gotta expect to lose, but I’d have hoped we’d give a decent account of ourselves after our recent form. We haven’t so far. It’s a shame because we were pretty decent for the first 15 minutes, but for some reason we’ve just reverted to crap hoofball, standing off the United players and letting them walk all over us. Centre halves have been absolutely dire on the ball, and we’ve been far too nervy in midfield. Need to be a lot braver on and off the ball, get at United a bit more, and look after possession better. At the moment it’s just hit and hope. Hopefully we get a better second half, cause we’re in for a battering otherwise.

Archived