v Manchester United (H) - Matchday Thread

Sean

2 minutes ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

Our back line hasn't had much shape to it at all. I think that's a lot to do with their positioning. 

Might be wrong, of course, I'm no expert. 

Midfield runners are dragging them all over the place. I’m not sure Clarke and Wisdom would be able to stem the flow either

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are playing one of the best teams in the country and it's no surprise or shame that we are losing. 

Cocu's remit was to blood the youngsters and he is giving them the most fantastic experience. 

We should take the positives from this game and look to the future. 

2 minutes ago, 1967RAMS said:

Stupid team selection, stupid sub. Complete ducking idiot has no respect for this glorious tournament or glorious club or fans. 

Behave. We’ve got 4 of last seasons under 23s on the pitch. Are we going to win the FA cup? No. Cocu has seen the cups as an opportunity to build for the future. It’s why we got him. His reputation doesn’t say he’ll do anything different. He doesn’t care about crowd pleasing, he doesn’t care about getting knocked out away to Norwich in the quarter finals. We could have one night to remember bearing Man Utd in a one off game, or we can get promoted next season, for the chance to play united, Norwich and anyone else at pride park every season for the foreseeable future.

If you don’t like developing youth, then he’s never going to be the manage for you. But it’s all about next season. If we’re not challenging for promotion next season, with a team full of home gown talent, then feel free to come back and tell me ‘I told you so’. 

I say well form to him for keeping the big picture firmly in mind, despite any other circus going on. 

Just now, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Nobody seriously thought we were going to win this...did they?

We’re playing a Man Utd side that have had an average season at best. Sheff Utd who we played last season have similar points. I’d say if we were to beat any team in top 10 of the Premier League in a cup then Man Utd would be my pick.

Not saying I believed 100% we could win, but I wouldn’t have ruled out a scrappy 1-0 or win on penalties. 

1 minute ago, Anag Ram said:

We are playing one of the best teams in the country and it's no surprise or shame that we are losing. 

Cocu's remit was to blood the youngsters and he is giving them the most fantastic experience. 

We should take the positives from this game and look to the future. 

There is absolutely no place here for that kind of sensible talk.

Giving them a game regardless of the score. Shaw is a beast 

Sibley looking dangerous and hungry, Waggy really up for it. Knight is class, Bogle frightens them when he goes forward Rooney was seriously close and it was a great save (I think ) from the FK

Come on lads ... give us a goal

I still reckon Rooney will score our first (only?) goal.

His free kick was classic Wayne.

His field width crosses etc are inch perfect.

His booking and half time facial expression showed how much games like this mean to him!

Not over till the fat lady sings!

Some noise from our supporters might be nice though!

1 minute ago, Ramarena said:

Midfield runners are dragging them all over the place. I’m not sure Clarke and Wisdom would be able to stem the flow either

Maybe not. I think they'd have more chance, being more natural centre back options who have played together before and started to form a partnership. 

I'm not slagging them off, just making the point that their selection for this game is a bit disappointing. 

1 minute ago, Mckram said:

We’re playing a Man Utd side that have had an average season at best. Sheff Utd who we played last season have similar points. I’d say if we were to beat any team in top 10 of the Premier League in a cup then Man Utd would be my pick.

Not saying I believed 100% we could win, but I wouldn’t have ruled out a scrappy 1-0 or win on penalties. 

United who are unbeaten in their last 8, and in good form at the minute? 

1 minute ago, Mckram said:

It’s an average season by their standards, they’re still sitting 5th in the prem. You’d say Wolves and Sheff Utd have had a good season and they’re above them both. 

Our season has been the definition of average in a division below.

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

No real issues with the selection. Wanted to see Sibley start for a while, he's going to end up crunching Bruno in the first 10 ?. Probably would have put Martin on instead of Waggy though.

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Maybe we should have started a bloody first choice centre half.

??‍♂️

Archived