Coronavirus

1of4

15 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

I dont know how much difference it is to Tier 4? Schools of course but things like work from home is possible message remains the same.

Not much difference for some I guess. If manufacturing stays open, my life isn't much different whether it's tier zero, 1,2,3,4 or lockdown ?

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
Just now, ketteringram said:

Not much difference for some I guess. If manufacturing stays open, my life isn't much different whether it's tier zero, 1,2,3,4 or lockdown ?

I think it was allowed to open last time, just most shut down in order to get themselves Covid compliant

7 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

Yeah i guess outdoor activities and stuff.

I guess also depends if the definition of 'essential' changes with Tier 4 to Lockdown.

Im shielding so from a personal perspective it wont change, and my wife cant work from home fully, though she may be able to do some.

Boris is claiming that we have the resources to meet the demand for vaccines, however we don't have the availability at the moment. Noticed he caveats with needs to be QA etc...

As per my earlier post, it's the only way I can see us being able to get out of lock downs, the further problem has to be though if the large parts of the world, especially the EU, is there any end in sight ?

35 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

Scotland gone into lockdown, legal requirement to stay at home, sure we will follow soon. Sad times....

Boris is on TV at 8pm tonight.

To be honest, as others have said. I'm not sure how much the new rules in Scotland vary from England's tier 4 (apart from schools). 

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Boris is on TV at 8pm tonight.

To be honest, as others have said. I'm not sure how much the new rules in Scotland vary from England's tier 4 (apart from schools). 

It's not about the virus ...

It's all about their ...

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEDOMMMMM  !!

11 minutes ago, maxjam said:

And once again the government have reacted too slowly. I prefer to take the advice of my extended family which includes 2 GPs, a practice nurse and a pharmacist who predicted all this at the end of February 2020. I don't trust the government at all.

27 minutes ago, Bubbles said:

Yeah I can’t deal with this poo.

duck the government. Their fault we’re in this ducking terrible situation.

I defy anyone to list 3 mistakes they've made. 

How could you stop at 3?

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

What could the Government have  done that would have led us away from a situation where lockdowns were not required in your opinion?

I guess at the end of the first full lockdown they could have had an full working test and track/trace service set up (which for £10bn you think they might have managed).

That was the point where the virus was most under control. The point where we'd all sacrificed 3 months of our lives in good faith that it would be worth it. The point where they could have done something effective

Instead they sent us all down the pub for cheap food, and bodged everything so the second wave was only a matter of time

Their whole strategy throughout has been to wait until things start to get out of control and then act too late

2 hours ago, Sinistra ram rousse said:

And once again the government have reacted too slowly. I prefer to take the advice of my extended family which includes 2 GPs, a practice nurse and a pharmacist who predicted all this at the end of February 2020. I don't trust the government at all.

I think from what you've told us, the last thing we should be doing is listening to your family. 

1 minute ago, Stive Pesley said:

I guess at the end of the first full lockdown they could have had an full working test and track/trace service set up (which for £10bn you think they might have managed).

That was the point where the virus was most under control. The point where we'd all sacrificed 3 months of our lives in good faith that it would be worth it. The point where they could have done something effective

Instead they sent us all down the pub for cheap food, and bodged everything so the second wave was only a matter of time

Their whole strategy throughout has been to wait until things start to get out of control and then act too late

Didn't work put in Germany either. Liberal democracy is potentially a problem. 

1 minute ago, Stive Pesley said:

Yeah fair comment the Track and Trace was and still is a complete shambles, dont even hear it mentioned anymore. Hope someone is held accountable for it in rhe aftermath. 

Would have to look back, but I am pretty sure that there were plenty on here lauding Germany and there track and trace early on in the pandemic but they find themselves in a similar situation to ourselves now.

Is Track and Trace all its made out to be?

20 minutes ago, Norman said:

Didn't work put in Germany either. Liberal democracy is potentially a problem. 

I think that's a good call, and seen it mentioned elsewhere. The countries with the worst outcomes are the biggest liberal democracies

I suspect there are a lot of reasons why that is the case - almost a perfect storm if you like

Archived