Coronavirus

1of4

20 minutes ago, Sinistra ram rousse said:

I don't believe this because my daughter in law who is a GP in Sheffield said all the cases she saw before Christmas had caught it from their children in primary school. In any case my sons are teachers. They have no protection. They are physically and mentally exhausted, have to cover for colleagues who are sick and and are being used as a political football. 

Why are people going to the GP with Covid? 

We are told explicitly not to. To allow people to come into the surgery with symptoms is malpractice. 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Sinistra ram rousse said:

I don't believe this because my daughter in law who is a GP in Sheffield said all the cases she saw before Christmas had caught it from their children in primary school. In any case my sons are teachers. They have no protection. They are physically and mentally exhausted, have to cover for colleagues who are sick and and are being used as a political football. 

Out of interest, how can a GP diagnose where someone has caught Covid from?

8 hours ago, Eddie said:

There are a few on here who continually try to deflect from the official figures, even to the point of accusing posters of lying when the official figures are posted.

Didn’t you question the official figures with your 3% death percentage?

8 hours ago, Sinistra ram rousse said:

Genuine questions:

1) How many is “all”? Is it two or three or is much higher?

2) How is a GP diagnosing Covid? Is she doing the tests?

3) Why would patients be going to their GP with Covid symptoms? That’s in no way what they should be doing and sounds very irresponsible.

4) How do the parents, let alone their GP, know they’ve caught it from their children? have they been isolating from everyone else?

There may be some good answers but something doesn’t sound right to me.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Genuine questions:

1) How many is “all”? Is it two or three or is much higher?

2) How is a GP diagnosing Covid? Is she doing the tests?

3) Why would patients be going to their GP with Covid symptoms? That’s in no way what they should be doing and sounds very irresponsible.

4) How do the parents, let alone their GP, know they’ve caught it from their children? have they been isolating from everyone else?

There may be some good answers but something doesn’t sound right to me

I'm only repeating what she told me. I have no reason to think she is lying. I do know that at the time she made these remarks Sheffield was in a higher tier than us and schools were the only things that were open apart from essential shops and perhaps people shop on line. Doctors do talk to each other and interestingly enough she has advised my teacher son not to go into schools and he is now doing lessons on line. Only 2 sons going into the 'danger zone now'

2 minutes ago, Sinistra ram rousse said:

I'm only repeating what she told me. I have no reason to think she is lying. I do know that at the time she made these remarks Sheffield was in a higher tier than us and schools were the only things that were open apart from essential shops and perhaps people shop on line. Doctors do talk to each other and interestingly enough she has advised my teacher son not to go into schools and he is now doing lessons on line. Only 2 sons going into the 'danger zone now'

I am only passing on this information because quite honestly the government has been too late in preventing an escalation in the numbers of covid19 and I would hate any member or family member of a Derby County fan  to get covid19 when we are so close to getting a vaccination. It is absolutely disgraceful that according to worldometer we have the highest cases in the world per million of the population.

30 minutes ago, Sinistra ram rousse said:

Fair enough. They were rhetorical questions and I wasn’t meaning to suggest she was lying but perhaps she’s making some assumptions and providing anecdotal comments.

1) Although they may well be, patients should not be seeing their GP’s if they have symptoms. Are the GP’s up there really seeing that many? I know our practice only only you to book appointments by phone and if you describe any Covid symptoms they will tell you get a test or ring 111 rather than take up an appointment with the GP.
2) Even in the strictest lockdown areas you are still allowed to go out for exercise, work (if unable to work from home) and essential shopping so, unless these people have been shielding I don’t know how they can be certain they caught it from the kids at school. 
3) Test and trace seem to be having difficulty identifying and contacting everyone that infected people have been in touch with let alone GP’s. It seems unlikely, in my opinion, that a GP is going to “interrogate” an infected person as to their contacts                                     
4) I’m still not sure how she knows these people have Covid unless either she’s tested them (seems unlikely) or they’ve contacted her afterwards. My mum was tested positive but still given the vaccine because the NHS vaccine team didn’t realise she’d already been tested.

I’m not saying she is wrong necessarily and I don’t really know what the best thing to is regarding schools (worrying times and If any of my family were teachers I would be concerned). As a school governor I do appreciate this is a real concern but, I do think we need to be careful with such assumptions. My wild guess is that she’s spoken to some (possibly only a handful of) patients that think they have covid symptoms (hopefully she has then referred them to the test process) and these individuals assume they must have caught it from the kids at school. Putting two and two together and perhaps coming up with four.

Sith Happens
29 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

They reckon this new SA variant may not respond to these vaccines. 

Another example of the media scaremongering IMO. Headlines say it might not work, then in the articles it says well actually it probably will, and if it doesnt it wont take many weeks to get the vaccines updated to allow for it...

30 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

They reckon this new SA variant may not respond to these vaccines. 

That’s not what they said on the radio station I was listening to this morning. They said they were confident they would given the way the vaccines work. Let’s hope the optimists are right.

Archived