Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yeah fair comment the Track and Trace was and still is a complete shambles, dont even hear it mentioned anymore. Hope someone is held accountable for it in rhe aftermath. 

Would have to look back, but I am pretty sure that there were plenty on here lauding Germany and there track and trace early on in the pandemic but they find themselves in a similar situation to ourselves now.

Is Track and Trace all its made out to be?

I don’t think it’s that great. It also relies on everyone abiding by the rules. I have heard comments that people don’t check into certain places or turn their phone off. There have been people who have gone for tests and then gone back to work while waiting for the results. The only time anything has worked effectively is the first lockdown. The rest has been some form of mitigation that hasn’t been very successful. The problem is the first lockdown was very costly to the economy and peoples mental health. I stayed working albeit from home but since then I have been into the office every working day. 

1 hour ago, Norman said:

I think from what you've told us, the last thing we should be doing is listening to your family. 

I'm not having that Norman. Oh dear? You are so so wrong. My partner gave a talk to Matlock U3A in February last year predicting this virus. My family have been right about schools. Everything I have posted has been to help people by stating what people who work in medicine and schools know. If you don't want me to share what I have learned well I shan't waste my time sharing.  I only was trying to help and state how people in the front line see it. 

15 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

I don’t think it’s that great. It also relies on everyone abiding by the rules. I have heard comments that people don’t check into certain places or turn their phone off. There have been people who have gone for tests and then gone back to work while waiting for the results. The only time anything has worked effectively is the first lockdown. The rest has been some form of mitigation that hasn’t been very successful. The problem is the first lockdown was very costly to the economy and peoples mental health. I stayed working albeit from home but since then I have been into the office every working day. 

So is the failure of the Track and Trace system down to the users rather than the system?

7 minutes ago, Sinistra ram rousse said:

I'm not having that Norman. Oh dear? You are so so wrong. My partner gave a talk to Matlock U3A in February last year predicting this virus. My family have been right about schools. Everything I have posted has been to help people by stating what people who work in medicine and schools know. If you don't want me to share what I have learned well I shan't waste my time sharing.  I only was trying to help and state how people in the front line see it. 

But you've also stated that your family members that are GPs are seeing Covid patients and managing to diagnose where their patients have caught it.

There's a case for either bending of the truth or gross negligence contained in that claim.

In answer to my GP daughter in law saying that cases of covid had been caught from schools. I didn't question her at the time. I trusted her and didn't feel it was necessary to give her the third degree. However I have since learned that she received phone calls from patients, discussed who they had been in contact with and then suggested they went for a test. On the follow phone calls she learned  that they had been tested positive. Is that enough clarity for you? On the school situation we wanted the schools to close down a week earlier giving time for children to either develop the infection or remain negative. This would have caused a lower risk on Christmas day. Also schools should have followed the Scottish agenda going back later in January, February 1st now. Did you see the young ish male teacher struggling for breath from covid19 on the news. He maintains he caught the virus from a pupil who tested positive later. And at least nobody in my family has caught the virus so my family 's advice has worked for us. No more sharing from me folks and trying to inform

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

There's a case for either bending of the truth or gross negligence contained in that claim.

I feel you owe me an apology for that statement. Just to let you know I've also got a daughter in law and a cousin who are lawyers!? Yes they really are solicitors but the remark is made in humour. 

3 hours ago, Bubbles said:

well yeah it kind of is. they’ve dealt with it fantastically haven’t they!???

Perhaps you should have run for election then. Polish that crystal ball. If only you were the top dog eh. 
they have made mistakes but just about everyone has. 

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

So is the failure of the Track and Trace system down to the users rather than the system?

My opinion is, these things could take years to develop. So I would say the system is at fault but some users haven’t helped. There will be things that have gone well and things that haven’t but if you told me how much it cost, I would say paying furlough has had better results in stopping the spread of the virus.

I would be interested in knowing how affective it has been.  

8 minutes ago, Sinistra ram rousse said:

I feel you owe me an apology for that statement. Just to let you know I've also got a daughter in law and a cousin who are lawyers!? Yes they really are solicitors but the remark is made in humour. 

My Dad is a barrister so neeeeerrrrrr. 

He's not, but i think he needs a wig. 

13 minutes ago, Sinistra ram rousse said:

If the apology is because I have offended you then I don't have a problem with that because that is never the intention.

If its for the content of the post you wont be getting one I'm afraid unless you explain to me what I said that is wrong.

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

I'm neither labour or Tory but it was refreshing to hear Starmer say that whilst they have differences with the government and there are questions to be answered, he and labour fully support the actions just announced. 

It was utterly sickening to me. 

He could have said 'we agree to these restrictions but believe the government has been reprehensibly incompetent with all their back and forth right up until today when they reopened some schools etc'

The job of the opposition is to oppose on behalf of the minority, not to suck up when they've spectacularly failed.

His response was nothing more than political expediency because he's afraid to say what he really thinks during a national crisis for fear of the backlash.

1 minute ago, Bob The Badger said:

It was utterly sickening to me. 

He could have said 'we agree to these restrictions but believe the government has been reprehensibly incompetent with all their back and forth right up until today when they reopened some schools etc'

The job of the opposition is to oppose on behalf of the minority, not to suck up when they've spectacularly failed.

His response was nothing more than political expediency because he's afraid to say what he really thinks during a national crisis for fear of the backlash.

He has to say that today to not dilute the message.

Lay into the cockwash tomorrow.

Archived