Coronavirus

1of4

So what businesses are open? It's so vague. No doubt the fast food outlets will still be open, even though they are definitely not an essential business.

Why doesnt the muppet put his foot down and tell households only one person and go and collect supplies and run errands.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Sinistra ram rousse said:

In answer to my GP daughter in law saying that cases of covid had been caught from schools. I didn't question her at the time. I trusted her and didn't feel it was necessary to give her the third degree. However I have since learned that she received phone calls from patients, discussed who they had been in contact with and then suggested they went for a test. On the follow phone calls she learned  that they had been tested positive. Is that enough clarity for you? On the school situation we wanted the schools to close down a week earlier giving time for children to either develop the infection or remain negative. This would have caused a lower risk on Christmas day. Also schools should have followed the Scottish agenda going back later in January, February 1st now. Did you see the young ish male teacher struggling for breath from covid19 on the news. He maintains he caught the virus from a pupil who tested positive later. And at least nobody in my family has caught the virus so my family 's advice has worked for us. No more sharing from me folks and trying to inform

The like isn't for the flounce (although it was pretty good ?) but for the content before. You carry on posting your opinions, I find them interesting reading.

1 minute ago, Bob The Badger said:

It was utterly sickening to me. 

He could have said 'we agree to these restrictions but believe the government has been reprehensibly incompetent with all their back and forth right up until today when they reopened some schools etc'

The job of the opposition is to oppose on behalf of the minority, not to suck up when they've spectacularly failed.

His response was nothing more than political expediency because he's afraid to say what he really thinks during a national crisis for fear of the backlash.

Maybe that's because he responded to it in a more mature and responsible way than you have.

What on earth would he have gained by responding as you suggest? Yes, questions need to be answered but now, for the next few weeks, is not to time to debate the issues you have quite reasonably raised. He may think the government should have acted differently/consistently/more rapidly but, for now he agrees with the proposed actions and perhaps we need a period of unity. 

1 minute ago, SouthStandDan said:

So what businesses are open? It's so vague. No doubt the fast food outlets will still be open, even though they are definitely not an essential business.

Why doesnt the muppet put his foot down and tell households only one person and go and collect supplies and run errands.

Manufacturing will be open. Our place , over 500 people, closed in the spring, but will stay open this time. Providing our customers and suppliers are open of course!

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Maybe that's because he responded to it in a more mature and responsible way than you have.

What on earth would he have gained by responding as you suggest? Yes, questions need to be answered but now, for the next few weeks, is not to time to debate the issues you have quite reasonably raised. He may think the government should have acted differently/consistently/more rapidly but, for now he agrees with the proposed actions and perhaps we need a period of unity. 

It has nothing to do with maturity. Starmer could have agreed strongly with the actions taken whilst adding his dismay at how we got here. 

Johnson has failed on numerous occasions through the months and years to promote unity and Starmers JOB is to represent the minority. 

You clearly don't understand what the purpose of the opposition is. 

8 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

Probably his biggest mistake is assuming we're not all muppets and we shouldn't need to be told to shop alone if we can.

With regard to businesses, surely the only ones that should close are non essential shops (because no one should be shopping there anyway). He didn't mention anything about any other businesses. The government website says "you can only leave home for work purposes where it is unreasonable for you to do your job from home" so, other businesses remain open surely?

5 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

It has nothing to do with maturity. Starmer could have agreed strongly with the actions taken whilst adding his dismay at how we got here. 

Johnson has failed on numerous occasions through the months and years to promote unity and Starmers JOB is to represent the minority. 

You clearly don't understand what the purpose of the opposition is. 

Of course I understand the purpose of the opposition - to oppose the government when you disagree, to promote your party policies and support the people that voted for you and your policies. 

I just agree with essentially what he is saying. Now is not the time to lay into the government if you agree with the current proposal to deal with a national emergency - that time will come and I'm sure it won't be long before he holds the government and it's previous decisions to account. 

"Derby County can confirm that several first-team staff members and players have tested positive for COVID-19."

"In accordance with Derby County and EFL COVID-19 protocol, the club’s Moor Farm training ground has been closed with immediate effect.
In addition, the club is in dialogue with the EFL and Football Association in relation to upcoming fixtures."

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2021/01/Derby-county-covid-19-update-4th-january-2021

1 minute ago, Chester40 said:

My kids were in school today with 30 other children in their class apiece. Tomorrow they are told not to come in to keep social contact down. 

That is mind boggling, rank incompetence. 

Don't be so hard on them they're just kids.

8 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Struggling with it ?

Potentially overstating worldwide deaths by up to 15m doesnt sound very standard to me.

I didn't do that though, you did. 

You use numbers to an appropriate significant for context. In the context discussed, it was 1 significant figure, as that's what was presented. 

10 year olds can get this stuff, I'm genuinely surprised you can't. 

50 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

full list here 

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/949536/NationalLockdownGuidance.pdf

Archived