Coronavirus

1of4

Work wise,we’ve got busier and although it’s been unpleasant at times we seem to have got some common sense with managing people most of the time.

I think applying the principal of being kind and trying to help everyone has largely won through and the vast majority of people have been great.

Unfortunately there has been some nasty and selfish behaviour by a minority.

I don’t ever see things returning to how they were pre March mostly in a positive way regarding hygiene and distancing/behaviour.

In terms of hospitals and healthcare we are trying to get things done before October as that is when we have been told to expect or prepare for another wave.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
6 minutes ago, Van Cone De Head said:

Imagine what ‘Super Saturday’(ffs)will be like?

5 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Sweet jesus - what is wrong with people??

I find it incredible. People either think they are invincible or just dont care about themselves or others.

I feel angry when i see stuff like this, I am sure most of still follow the guidance and try and be sensible but i bet we all know people who don't, I know i do, one of my best friends has for the past few weekends had family round and having seen the images there is clearly no social distancing going on.

Its people like these that are going to struggle when we are in lockdown again through the colder winter months because they couldn't behave themselves when they were granted a little freedom, and also be the first to moan about it no doubt.

9 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I find it incredible. People either think they are invincible or just dont care about themselves or others.

I feel angry when i see stuff like this, I am sure most of still follow the guidance and try and be sensible but i bet we all know people who don't, I know i do, one of my best friends has for the past few weekends had family round and having seen the images there is clearly no social distancing going on.

Its people like these that are going to struggle when we are in lockdown again through the colder winter months because they couldn't behave themselves when they were granted a little freedom, and also be the first to moan about it no doubt.

Devil’s advocate 

So outside is a bit different right .

9 hours ago, Curtains said:

I think they are getting quite confident about a vaccine mate 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/health-53061288

Even without a vaccine straight away I think we know more about controlling Covid 19 now if we get a 2nd wave. 

I think you are right. I also think we have adapted, in the sense that we know if we lock down tight we can affect/control the spread. And as you rightly say we are a lot further down the vaccine track than we were 4 months ago. Our knowledge base has improved - we have learned on the job. 

The issues are who accepts the various degrees lockdown with common sense, who rails against it, then, how do you police it both practically and in a balanced and just way. 

I can just see the faux outrage from certain quarters if this government gets all stern and enforcing - it will be the same people who say the government isn't doing enough to be effective. We live in a liberal free society that allows the idiots to perform within limits. It works .. as long as the number of idiots remains within certain parameters ... This is called the "I" number which increases when the sun shines or folk get stir crazy or desperate for whatever reason and can't control themselves.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

when we are in lockdown again through the colder winter months

I’ll gladly put money on this not happening 

Sith Happens
15 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I’ll gladly put money on this not happening 

I hope you are right 

3 hours ago, jono said:

I think you are right. I also think we have adapted, in the sense that we know if we lock down tight we can affect/control the spread. And as you rightly say we are a lot further down the vaccine track than we were 4 months ago. Our knowledge base has improved - we have learned on the job. 

The issues are who accepts the various degrees lockdown with common sense, who rails against it, then, how do you police it both practically and in a balanced and just way. 

I can just see the faux outrage from certain quarters if this government gets all stern and enforcing - it will be the same people who say the government isn't doing enough to be effective. We live in a liberal free society that allows the idiots to perform within limits. It works .. as long as the number of idiots remains within certain parameters ... This is called the "I" number which increases when the sun shines or folk get stir crazy or desperate for whatever reason and can't control themselves.

Are all these people unemployed or merely working from home?  

Watching the scenes in Dorset today, it strikes me that there are a lot of people currently enjoying the life of Reilly on furlough at the moment. Maybe mass redundancies in a few weeks will help focus minds a bit as to how serious they should be taking this.

Who drives 3 hours from Milton Keynes on the hottest day of the year and expect the Bournemouth beach to be quiet? ffs. 

12 minutes ago, Van Wolfie said:

Watching the scenes in Dorset today, it strikes me that there are a lot of people currently enjoying the life of Reilly on furlough at the moment. Maybe mass redundancies in a few weeks will help focus minds a bit as to how serious they should be taking this.

Who drives 3 hours from Milton Keynes on the hottest day of the year and expect the Bournemouth beach to be quiet? ffs. 

Maybe they were driving there to see if it was ok to drive to work tomorrow, I'm sure i read about a precedence up north not long ago. In all seriousness, i cant believe things are opening up over there with the numbers how they are. We have had zero cases for 10 days now and they are still not talking about opening up our state borders. Sobering to note Qantas say they will not fly internationally before next July as things stand.

6 hours ago, Paul71 said:

I am in fairness, getting to the point where i'm getting a bit tired of councillors moaning after the event , This happened last month and it seems obvious you need to treat most people like they have fewer brain cells than the amount of people that can meet in a group.

Could they not try simple measures such as calculating the amount of beach avaliable throughout the day depending on tides and get people to book two- three hour slots limiting it to groups of 4 on an emailed ticket. Have security around the beach to take the tickets. Ensure if you book for one day and are travelling miles for a day out you can't have another ticket for a couple of weeks.

If you've booked a holiday you can have more vouchers perhaps five for the week and perhaps a couple more people. Perhaps a phone number for those without a computer to get tickets in the post . 

Also before the next rise in cases, make sure everyone has there NHS number to limit the amount of medication, baby formula they can buy.  I don't want to be driving for three hours round Derbyshire trying to find Calpol again in a few months time whilst seeing it on Ebay for 50 quid a bottle. It really got on my tits. 

9 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I am in fairness, getting to the point where i'm getting a bit tired of councillors moaning after the event , This happened last month and it seems obvious you need to treat most people like they have fewer brain cells than the amount of people that can meet in a group.

Could they not try simple measures such as calculating the amount of beach avaliable throughout the day depending on tides and get people to book two- three hour slots limiting it to groups of 4 on an emailed ticket. Have security around the beach to take the tickets. Ensure if you book for one day and are travelling miles for a day out you can't have another ticket for a couple of weeks.

If you've booked a holiday you can have more vouchers perhaps five for the week and perhaps a couple more people. Perhaps a phone number for those without a computer to get tickets in the post . 

Also before the next rise in cases, make sure everyone has there NHS number to limit the amount of medication, baby formula they can buy.  I don't want to be driving for three hours round Derbyshire trying to find Calpol again in a few months time whilst seeing it on Ebay for 50 quid a bottle. It really got on my tits. 

I'm no medical expert but I wouldn't think putting Capol on your tits will be of any benefit to your health and I feel sure it will have no affect in stopping a second spike of the virus.

15 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

I'm no medical expert but I wouldn't think putting Capol on your tits will be of any benefit to your health and I feel sure it will have no affect in stopping a second spike of the virus.

It might. With the general increase in my moobs during lockdown, I think the fumes alone from the amount needed would have a soothing effect at least.

Archived