Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Paul71 said:

I see liverpool fans can be trusted not to break social distancing rules,  oh wait.....

Come on, if we won the league there is no way we wouldn’t go down to the ground, fair  play to them. (Without sparking the old debate which I dont want to do) It was ok for thousands of protesters and clowns flocking to the beach, the prescient was set weeks ago.

24 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Come on, if we won the league there is no way we wouldn’t go down to the ground, fair  play to them. (Without sparking the old debate which I dont want to do) It was ok for thousands of protesters and clowns flocking to the beach, the prescient was set weeks ago.

It happened.  It wasn't ok.  There's a difference.

Sith Happens
30 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

None of its ok.

7 hours ago, Paul71 said:

I see liverpool fans can be trusted not to break social distancing rules,  oh wait.....

Well, I suppose technically, this isn't breaking any social distancing rules, but by God, it smacks of disrespect to the memory of someone who is apparently regarded as a legend in them there parts... 

_113103176_hi062142507.jpg

...Probably in the wrong thread then, in fairness!  Sorry!

Sith Happens

Its not just the crowds at the beaches....its the rubbish being left behind.

What is wrong with people, when did people start assuming it is the job of someone else to pick up after them?

0_UK-Experiences-Summer-Heatwave.jpg

6 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

What is wrong with people, when did people start assuming it is the job of someone else to pick up after them?

Not an empty hand sanitiser bottle in sight!

9 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

We went for a tea time bike ride yesterday.  Took a sandwich with us.  Ended up on Alvaston Park.

We saw 3 gals carting their picnic rubbish away with them.  Kudos for taking it with them, of course, but 4 overflowing full sized carrier bags!  We just looked at our measly empty sandwich bag and a couple of hand wipes, and decided we need to up our game, when it comes to picnics!  ?

Sith Happens
20 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

We went for a tea time bike ride yesterday.  Took a sandwich with us.  Ended up on Alvaston Park.

We saw 3 gals carting their picnic rubbish away with them.  Kudos for taking it with them, of course, but 4 overflowing full sized carrier bags!  We just looked at our measly empty sandwich bag and a couple of hand wipes, and decided we need to up our game, when it comes to picnics!  ?

Litter is one of my bug bears as its just unnecessary. I hate when i see slip roads and kerbsides covered in litter. I must admit I dont know why councils don't set up a temporary camera system on slip roads, would pay within hours i would think, throw a coffee cup or bottle from the window? £500 thanks very much.

Sure with technology they could make them hard to spot.

I did read something about McDonalds and the like were going to start printing (invisible) on all the cartons and stuff at drive throughs the reg no of the vehicle, I hope it happens as its a cracking idea...£500 thanks...expensive drive through that.

I'll probably end up when im 80 scaring young people to death as i go around waving my walking stick at them when they leave their rubbish everywhere.

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

It happened.  It wasn't ok.  There's a difference.

Agreed, however weak leadership is leading to it re-occurring. The counter argument is even after all these years incidents infection rates aren’t increasing????  Who knows eh ??‍♂️

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

Well, I suppose technically, this isn't breaking any social distancing rules, but by God, it smacks of disrespect to the memory of someone who is apparently regarded as a legend in them there parts... 

_113103176_hi062142507.jpg

...Probably in the wrong thread then, in fairness!  Sorry!

Why is Homer Simpson considered a legend?

8 minutes ago, TimRam said:

I read a report the local seafront toilets were not open. You can imagine the rest...and yes that was in the report also.

Yes, councils are happy to charge for parking (I'm looking at you Derbyshire Dales DC) but won't open the toilets.  It's a bit ridiculous really.

We went to Monsal Head last week  £2.50 for one hour's parking but no toilet access. If opening loos is dangerous so is using coin only parking machines but one makes money, the other costs money.

Chatsworth seems to have it sorted with pre-booked parking only, mobile drinks and toilets (separate, of course!) and plentiful hand sanitizer. 

It's hardly rocket science.

18 minutes ago, angieram said:

Yes, councils are happy to charge for parking (I'm looking at you Derbyshire Dales DC) but won't open the toilets.  It's a bit ridiculous really.

We went to Monsal Head last week  £2.50 for one hour's parking but no toilet access. If opening loos is dangerous so is using coin only parking machines but one makes money, the other costs money.

Chatsworth seems to have it sorted with pre-booked parking only, mobile drinks and toilets (separate, of course!) and plentiful hand sanitizer. 

It's hardly rocket science.

Where would they get the money to do it, even supposing it would be possible? Lots of councils are on the verge of bankruptcy.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

That's so easy to say - I imagine they sub-contract out the car park machines - a bit like the food & drink at PP. 

In which case they are creating revenue from it. If Chatsworth can make it pay then why can't a council? It just needs people who can think a bit more commercially. 

Archived