Coronavirus

1of4

Sith Happens
11 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

There hasn’t been a second wave of COVID-19 after Easter bank holiday or VE day or Cummings or any of the mass protests all over the country.  Where is all the data to say we will get one now because of Bournemouth beach, Liverpool fans etc etc? 

Genuine question and not a wind up post I promise ??

ps leaving rubbish anywhere is disgusting  ! 

None of us are experts. I am happy when someone like Chris Whitty is telling us not to do it to think we should do it.

We arent out the 1st wave yet....whos to say if all of the above hadnt happened then we might be out the 1st wave by now.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Its not just the crowds at the beaches....its the rubbish being left behind.

What is wrong with people, when did people start assuming it is the job of someone else to pick up after them?

0_UK-Experiences-Summer-Heatwave.jpg

South Today were reporting 40+ tons of litter required clearing overnight before beaches were reopened the following day.

It seems it's too difficult to close beaches in Bournemouth/Boscombe 

Sith Happens
Just now, Van der MoodHoover said:

South Today were reporting 40+ tons of litter required clearing overnight before beaches were reopened the following day.

It seems it's too difficult to close beaches in Bournemouth/Boscombe 

Just close town centre beaches.

Wonder how many of those packing the beaches would moan about being called back into work from furlough because it might not be safe.

12 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

None of us are experts. I am happy when someone like Chris Whitty is telling us not to do it to think we should do it.

We arent out the 1st wave yet....whos to say if all of the above hadnt happened then we might be out the 1st wave by now.

Good point, I’ll guess we just don’t know. The virus seems to be following the same curve as everywhere else though, does it have a shelf life so to speak? Maybe our body’s become more resistant, I don’t know. 

Sith Happens
Just now, TexasRam said:

Good point, I’ll guess we just don’t know. The virus seems to be following the same curve as everywhere else though, does it have a shelf life so to speak? Maybe our body’s become more resistant, I don’t know. 

Maybe so. Just makes me angry.

We won't know as you say, but in the absence of any evidence I am prepared to believe that the impact of the morons who have been gathering in huge crowds for whatever the reason quite possibly have had an negative impact on the progress made, people like me who are shielding has been extended a further month quite possibly because of people like them who only think about themselves and not others.

Of course I have no proof, but there is a good chance there is some truth in it.

49 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

There hasn’t been a second wave of COVID-19 after Easter bank holiday or VE day or Cummings or any of the mass protests all over the country.  Where is all the data to say we will get one now because of Bournemouth beach, Liverpool fans etc etc? 

As a vulnerable person I've been very careful so far and continue to be, but your point is very well made. Have we completely missed the main transmission mechanism of this little booger? Is it just enclosed spaces for significant periods of time?

Agree about the rubbish, we are a nation of trash spreaders these days. Part of the the problem is the council have these very clever devices to clear a beach of rubbish quite quickly. So every morning it looks pristine again I'd (for now) just leave it so people get an idea of what their laziness does and feel the pain themselves.

Well goverment told people can go were ever they like now and some people think bugger them they will go on holiday why cant we. And plus goverment told peopld as long people back same day. I think people can easly take bin bag and clear up there rubbish all the people moaning about plastic in seas and rivers.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Just close town centre beaches.

Wonder how many of those packing the beaches would moan about being called back into work from furlough because it might not be safe.

Did you see the pictures from Camber Sands yesterday though?

We were originally thinking of going there Monday for kids birthday but not gonna now.

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Did you see the pictures from Camber Sands yesterday though?

We were originally thinking of going there Monday for kids birthday but not gonna now.

even if we didn't have the virus I can't imagine much fun crammed In with thousands..

Sith Happens
Just now, B4ev6is said:

People are to lazy walk further down the beach to find space were distancing can be done.

that my friend is very true 

6 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

that my friend is very true 

People can take plastic bag or bin bag with clear up there rubbish up and put in a bin or take rubbish home with them home put in there bins if they put £800 fine if rubbish is left than can be taken away.

Let them be so keen dump rubbish for council to pick up I know that feeling as I have deal that sort mess out and takes long time to clear it up.

Sith Happens
Just now, B4ev6is said:

People can take plastic bag or bin bag with clear up there rubbish up and put in a bin or take rubbish home with them home put in there bins if they put £800 fine if rubbish is left than can be taken away.

Let them be so keem dump rubbish for council to pick up I know that feeling as I have deal that sort mess out and takes long time to clear it up.

totally agree fine people hundreds of pounds, and make them do a few hundred hours litter picking. 

21 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

totally agree fine people hundreds of pounds, and make them do a few hundred hours litter picking. 

Only education and 'social pressure' will work in the long term or when there's no-one else there to see them.

4 hours ago, TexasRam said:

The so-called mass protests involved people who, for the most part, wore masks. I would hazard a guess that the total number of people descending upon Bournemouth exceeded the number involved in all the protests added together by a factor of at least 2 or 3, and I doubt that they had a mask between them.

You may be correct - let's hope so.

9 minutes ago, Eddie said:

The so-called mass protests involved people who, for the most part, wore masks. I would hazard a guess that the total number of people descending upon Bournemouth exceeded the number involved in all the protests added together by a factor of at least 2 or 3, and I doubt that they had a mask between them.

You may be correct - let's hope so.

They did have masks - but used them as lavatories, along with burger boxes - this was however more hygienic than Festival portaloos

3 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

They did have masks - but used them as lavatories, along with burger boxes - this was however more hygienic than Festival portaloos

So THAT'S why all the loo roll's went missing, when all this kicked off! 

Two-in-one face masks, made from toilet tissue!  Face protection when required, but also an emergency ar5e-wipe, when caught out in the great outdoors! 

Why the hell didn't anyone tell me.  I could have gone out months ago!  That's the only reason I stayed in!  

4 hours ago, TexasRam said:

The second wave has nothing to with people getting together and local/regional spikes as others have said, this is still the first wave.

The second wave is when it returns in combination with the flu.

It was expected/hoped that the warmer weather would see a lull start in May, but that hasn't happened in places like Texas and here in Florida.

About a week ago most States were in decline, now over 30 are spiking again.

My wife had the husband, mother-in-law (who has been admitted to hospital) and father-in-law of her tech test positive this week.

The tech, as well as my wife and the other doctor (her best friend) in that office were tested today and they're waiting to hear back.

If any one of them is positive - and clearly the tech is most likely as her husband is positive - then a practice gets shut down just like that and I start to kack my pants.

And that's one of the reasons it's so dangerous in combination with the flu because of the massive strain it puts on health resources. Waaaaay more than it was first time round when it hit as flu season was dying out.

Everything I read (from serious sources) and everything I'm told from my wife and her friends suggests this thing may not have got going yet.

The fall is going to be brutal.

Archived