Coronavirus

1of4

13 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Fully understand buddy. FWIW, I've attached a couple of links below to some homeschooling resources which may help to add a bit of structure to the process as well as providing a more diverse set of learning tools than you have at present. 

https://uk.ixl.com/inspiration/family-learning?partner=google&campaign=9681303299&adGroup=99694700579&gclid=CjwKCAjwwYP2BRBGEiwAkoBpAqD5j27mlA6gxKzvLDanXEXKwUhjHRO30i00k_iBCr5iMT2nUS-GeRoC17IQAvD_BwE

https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/

I'll ask my teacher buddies whether they can recommend anything and will PM you if they do.

Thanks 86. We do the bite size and maths factor stuff online. Teacher has been great with writing material and her reading is phenomenal (she doesn’t go to sleep at night, she just lies in bed reading her books) but anything with variety which helps is always appreciated.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Eddie said:

When you factor in the 62% of the population who are overweight or obese, I suspect that the paramilitary wing of Weightwatchers are behind it.

You joke @Eddie but I walked around Elvaston Castle today and I would comfortably say 62% were overweight. I’m not just talking a BMI measurement here but proper over weight.

I travel with work to Eastern Europe a lot (well did lol) and I can tell you now those countries are NOT overweight and eat far healthier. It isn’t a coincidence.

5 hours ago, Paul71 said:

it's such a shame to hear stuff like this. 

perhaps b4 is right,  maybe some lockdown fatigue is setting in.

glad I have managed to continue to get home delivery 

I’m sure it is but still only 5-10% of people.

However many folk still saying we should have locked down 2-3 weeks earlier. I continue to believe that the Government knew how long a lockdown could be maintained for and they had to try and judge the best time to do it. (Let’s not open the question of if they did/didn’t choose the time well). Just saying the country’s culture isn’t to stay at home.

9 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well police officer fears if games played behind close that fans still turn and I can believe this the only way stop that from happen let fans back into the ground.

No one will be that stupid to turn up to the ground, surely.

Regardless, no fans in the stadium at all.

Put peoples health and safety first.

6 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Well police officer fears if games played behind close that fans still turn and I can believe this the only way stop that from happen let fans back into the ground.

1  Or not play the games at all.
2  Or On the spot fines for anyone who does turn up.
3  Or Charges and court appearances for anyone who does turn up... leading to potential heavier fines and/or prison.
4  Or disperse anyone who does turn up... using verbal instruction/police horses/riot police/water cannons... quite a few options, to be fair.

So you see, allowing them in isn't the only option after all.  In fact, I'd have thought all of my options would be considered by the football authorities/Government/Police before giving your "only option" a consideration.

Opinions, eh!

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

1  Or not play the games at all.
2  Or On the spot fines for anyone who does turn up.
3  Or Charges and court appearances for anyone who does turn up... leading to potential heavier fines and/or prison.
4  Or disperse anyone who does turn up... using verbal instruction/police horses/riot police/water cannons... quite a few options, to be fair.

So you see, allowing them in isn't the only option after all.  In fact, I'd have thought all of my options would be considered by the football authorities/Government/Police before giving your "only option" a consideration.

Opinions, eh!

5. Continuously stream Eldorado on the big screens outside Pride Park?

6 hours ago, Squid said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if a few turned up to see the players arriving etc. But, not in great numbers and easily dispersed by the police. Of course it would be different if Leeds were in town. 

6 hours ago, Squid said:

Why doesn't each club do a draw at a couple of quid a ticket for 100 people to attend the game? 

Money raised for the club and social distancing observed with ease. 

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Why doesn't each club do a draw at a couple of quid a ticket for 100 people to attend the game? 

I noticed they had about 100 or so fans in the stadium at the Borussia Dortmund game,  presumably to provide a bit of cheering for the TV so that the atmosphere wasn't completely sterile.

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

5 minutes ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

I noticed they had about 100 or so fans in the stadium at the Borussia Dortmund game,  presumably to provide a bit of cheering for the TV so that the atmosphere wasn't completely sterile.

Anyone who sits in the West Stand would have to be excluded from any draw then.

13 minutes ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

You need a bit of moaning too as an accompaniment to missed goals, bad refs, etc. All part of the game.

Only the West stand could accompany moaning with more moaning. But you are 100% correct.

Archived