Coronavirus

1of4

4 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I can't dispute what you are witnessing,  all I can say is my experience is different. People around us appear to be being sensible. 

Well my mum was saying this is why they will shut it again. I was saying to my mum well people had enough of it. But for me if people not going to do it they might as well open everything back up again.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
9 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

I present an observation, no comment, no angle, just a thing.

I was in hospital this week, for a one night stay for non-covid reasons. There's no-one there. The Royal Derby is a ghost town.

Swamped with available car park spaces in all carparks. Corridors empty.

I went to MAU, and was descended upon to be booked in, blood pressure check, wristband on, covid check, offered tea and a choice for lunch and checked by a doctor within 15 minutes,

Beds free on MAU and in my ward.

I know where people can have their appointments remotely they are, I'm due there Thursday but having a telephone appointment instead.  

I

Sith Happens
5 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well my mum was saying this is why they will shut it again. I was saying to my mum well people had enough of it. But for me if people not going to do it they might as well open everything back up again.

it's got to be phased, we aren't ready to fully open yet 

22 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

I present an observation, no comment, no angle, just a thing.

I was in hospital this week, for a one night stay for non-covid reasons. There's no-one there. The Royal Derby is a ghost town.

Swamped with available car park spaces in all carparks. Corridors empty.

I went to MAU, and was descended upon to be booked in, blood pressure check, wristband on, covid check, offered tea and a choice for lunch and checked by a doctor within 15 minutes,

Beds free on MAU and in my ward.

Everyone is dead. 

Just popped in to say dental care really needs looking at urgently.  Surely it's not beyond reach to open dentists up again? They have masks and sterilising facilities in normal times so why not now?

The Mrs had some cowboy do a filling just before lockdown, this then turned into needing a root canal. She then went along to the root canal appointment to be told he's not doing them at the minute so he just removed the nerve. 

This then got infected because he didn't do it properly and has caused severe facial swelling resulting in 3 courses of antibiotics which are obviously not getting to the bottom of the problem as the moment the course completes the swelling starts up again.

She ended up in A&E last night to be told by the doctor just to continue with the antibiotics and ring the dentist on Monday morning. The dentist will just say they're not open and to go to A&E and so the loop will start again.

Had hoped these so called regional emergency hubs would be of some use, but the woman on 111 yesterday (weekend, so no answer at the dentist) didn't even know what they were.

It clearly needs an extraction and an implant yet the dentists keep hiding behind lack of biosecurity at their practice to open up.

Glad I got that out.

33 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I can't dispute what you are witnessing,  all I can say is my experience is different. People around us appear to be being sensible. 

Was surprised to find today that my local Asda in West Bridgford has dispensed with the formality of making people queue around the corner of the store 2 metres apart but people were just allowed willy nilly through the doors as they rolled up. 

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

Was surprised to find today that my local Asda in West Bridgford has dispensed with the formality of making people queue around the corner of the store 2 metres apart but people were just allowed willy nilly through the doors as they rolled up. 

it's such a shame to hear stuff like this. 

perhaps b4 is right,  maybe some lockdown fatigue is setting in.

glad I have managed to continue to get home delivery 

7 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Very disappointing. 

Weird, cos the get together I organised with a few friends at Woollaton Park was very respectful. Just a few buddies hanging out, keeping 2metres apart and shooting the breeze. Fine weather didn't bring out the numbers I expected, but quality over quantity I say. 

18 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Very disappointing. 

Weird, cos the get together I organised with a few friends at Woollaton Park was very respectful. Just a few buddies hanging out, keeping 2metres apart and shooting the breeze. Fine weather didn't bring out the numbers I expected, but quality over quantity I say. 

Maybe if you'd have held it at Wollaton Park you'd have had more attendees?

54 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Same at Asda in Sinfin and Aldi in Chellaston, Car parks weren't as busy as it has been for weeks, In and out quicker than a fiddlers elbow, Which was nice.

55 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Very disappointing. 

Very droll 

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

it's such a shame to hear stuff like this. 

perhaps b4 is right,  maybe some lockdown fatigue is setting in.

glad I have managed to continue to get home delivery 

I didn't see any government guidelines this week saying that supermarkets could or should be relaxing their social distancing measures unless I'm mistaken. If it's the supermarkets prerogative then that's their decision ultimately but I don't agree with it. The store was still busy in my opinion at least they still continued with the other social distancing measures they usually had in place inside.

Archived