Coronavirus

1of4

7 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Wouldn't that be awesome? The sad thing is the final would be behind closed doors so, none of us would be there to witness it.

Good point. What a waste that will be for the teams that get to the final. 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Wouldn't that be awesome? The sad thing is the final would be behind closed doors so, none of us would be there to witness it.

We make it to the play-offs, let alone smash the Gumps in the final, you'll not hear a word of complaint from me. I'll be dancing around my living room like a dog with two ****s and a bottle in each hand / paw. After what some have been through, any small joy would be plenty ?

3 hours ago, King Kevin said:

It's not ,only 50% are going back.

Just catching up just noticed someone has picked this up, one grand child back two others no date for return.

At our school we are going to have classes of around 8. Same teacher all day. Staggered break times. During breaks the kids are not allowed to mix with other classes. All pupils are to bring their own drinks bottle and a packed lunch. No uniform. Kids must where different clothes each day. Loads of encouragement to wash hands. Hand sanitiser gel in each room. 

We are spending the week beginning 1st June in school preparing although obviously vulnerable and key worker kids will be in that week too.

This (from Reddit) is posted without any snark from me... The blue bits are hyperlinks. If you click the first one, it takes you to more detail and comments. At the end of each section, just click 'next' to go to the next question. I found it utterly fascinating, and I consider it to be two hours well spent. Scroll down to Q1 and away you go...

32 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

Coronavirus: France sees 70 cases linked to schools days after reopening

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/coronavirus-france-school-cases-reopen-lockdown-a9520386.html

Is there ever any correlation between the headline and the underlying story in The Independent?

Given that the incubation period for the virus is several days, people are “likely” to have been infected before the reopening of the schools

Ok, so why even mention schools?

29 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Is there ever any correlation between the headline and the underlying story in The Independent?

Given that the incubation period for the virus is several days, people are “likely” to have been infected before the reopening of the schools

Ok, so why even mention schools?

Maybe because now they're in schools the virus is likely to spread to anyone the infected have come into contact with at the schools? Just a guess mind. We'll know in about a fortnight I guess.

57 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

Maybe because now they're in schools the virus is likely to spread to anyone the infected have come into contact with at the schools? Just a guess mind. We'll know in about a fortnight I guess.

That’ll be the interesting bit for sure - did any of the kids/teachers in the schools pick this up from the kids/teachers who have the virus.

This will be a good marked - of course if the answer is no, we will never hear about it as it’s not good for selling newspapers. If the answer is yes, it’ll help make people’s minds up.

So good news today anyone with symptoms can get a test - here is my confusing bit, they have said for people six or older.

Well if they are opening schools now why not make it school age or above? If my 5-year old goes to school, then over the weekend develops a cough, then surely it would be important to find out if she does or does not have it?

Am I missing something here or is this not obvious?

5 minutes ago, rammieib said:

So good news today anyone with symptoms can get a test - here is my confusing bit, they have said for people six or older.

Well if they are opening schools now why not make it school age or above? If my 5-year old goes to school, then over the weekend develops a cough, then surely it would be important to find out if she does or does not have it?

Am I missing something here or is this not obvious?

Five and over. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52713127

7 hours ago, Norman said:

Good point. What a waste that will be for the teams that get to the final. 

I don't know. It would save us the hassle of getting tickets, the 'daytrippers' buying 18 tickets for their mates, the problems with bank holiday travel, issues of where to meet beforehand to ensure we are all properly plastered before the game, the strange atmosphere during the match when everyone's hangovers kick in.

Much simpler to watch it on box by yourself then have a little weep when we lose.

Archived