Coronavirus

1of4

7 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Alternatively you could fill the ground like FC Seoul and put messages over the tannoy like “get into the box big boy” or “pump it long”:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-52702075

7 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Alternatively you could fill the ground like FC Seoul and put messages over the tannoy like “get into the box big boy” or “pump it long”:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-52702075

...and they’re blowing for half time.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
44 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

...and they’re blowing for half time.

And shouting for (insert players name) to be pulled off at half time too.

2 hours ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

I noticed they had about 100 or so fans in the stadium at the Borussia Dortmund game,  presumably to provide a bit of cheering for the TV so that the atmosphere wasn't completely sterile.

Although they probably support Dortmund they were not fans. Club and match day officials who were not needed whilst game was on so just spread out in stand.

Around 300 people (players, officials, coaches, press, TV) permitted under German rules.

The fact everyone was social distancing and wearing a mask I thought was slightly pointless.

Anyone else feel like we need a Chrissy Martin thread or two. Rona hitting 300+ is threatening to dethrone our Chris as most talked about thing in our universe and we really can't be having that. 

I'm thinking a 'Would a Lack of Pace Prevent Chris from Catching Coronavirus?' thread might be a decent starting point.

Thoughts?

7 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Anyone else feel like we need a Chrissy Martin thread or two. Rona hitting 300+ is threatening to dethrone our Chris as most talked about thing in our universe and we really can't be having that. 

I'm thinking a 'Would a Lack of Pace Prevent Chris from Catching Coronavirus?' thread might be a decent starting point.

Thoughts?

A sort of 'Yet one more another Chris Martin Thread.........Yes Really'

8 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well police officer thinks people turn up in there thounsands home and away fans.

This literally won’t happen. I’d be surprised if there are more than 100 turn up.

It didn’t in Germany. Would you want to watch the game on the tele where you can see the game or stand outside a stadium wondering why the hell you are there lol

Sith Happens
19 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well police officer thinks people turn up in there thounsands home and away fans.

Just really can't see this happening, and if it does that will be it season over so anyone that does need to be punished heavily.

Sith Happens
13 minutes ago, rammieib said:

This literally won’t happen. I’d be surprised if there are more than 100 turn up.

It didn’t in Germany. Would you want to watch the game on the tele where you can see the game or stand outside a stadium wondering why the hell you are there lol

I have had times like that when inside the stadium ?

Sith Happens
Just now, B4ev6is said:

Well for me if it happens I think easy thing to do reopen stadiums as least be safe be some just going there just try cause trouble.

So the club needs to bring ALL stewards that would normally be there on match day, open all areas of the concourses, toilets etc? Dont forget getting the appropriate level of policing in too, just incase some dimwits dont understand what playing behind closed doors means?

Sorry B4  just is not going to happen. History sadly tells us opening up access to a stadium because people are outside in their thousands can end in absolute disaster.

For those wondering home testing...

On Thursday I requested a home kit.
That kit arrived Friday afternoon. 
I requested someone to collect it on the Saturday (they came some time in the afternoon).

The test had to be completed after 9pm the day before and before 7am the day of collection. This is because they have 48 hours to analyse the swab from when you stuck it up your nose.

You’re given one swab (basically a cotton bud on a long stick). You brush your tonsils (or the area where they used to be) and then the back of your throat. A bit of a bag reflex but nothing bad enough to stop be doing it. Using the same swab, you stick it up your nostril (about an inch deep) and spin it around for a while (20 seconds?).
This swab then goes into a tube, breaking off the end of the stick. Then you add a label, stick it in a bag, then another bag and another label. Then struggle to fold a box, before inserting the bag and sticking two more different labels on top. 

I received my negative test result moments ago, less than 96 hours after i requested a kit. 

45 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well for me if it happens I think easy thing to do reopen stadiums as least be safe be some just going there just try cause trouble.

Just give it up B4. It just isn’t going to happen. I know it’s hard to accept but you need to try and come to terms with it for your own sanity. You’re not going to see Derby again, in the flesh, this season and probably for a good part of next. If any fans do turn up, they will be few in number and dealt with by the police fairly rapidly.

9 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

For those wondering home testing...

On Thursday I requested a home kit.
That kit arrived Friday afternoon. 
I requested someone to collect it on the Saturday (they came some time in the afternoon).

The test had to be completed after 9pm the day before and before 7am the day of collection. This is because they have 48 hours to analyse the swab from when you stuck it up your nose.

You’re given one swab (basically a cotton bud on a long stick). You brush your tonsils (or the area where they used to be) and then the back of your throat. A bit of a bag reflex but nothing bad enough to stop be doing it. Using the same swab, you stick it up your nostril (about an inch deep) and spin it around for a while (20 seconds?).
This swab then goes into a tube, breaking off the end of the stick. Then you add a label, stick it in a bag, then another bag and another label. Then struggle to fold a box, before inserting the bag and sticking two more different labels on top. 

I received my negative test result moments ago, less than 96 hours after i requested a kit. 

I read that the nasal swab needed to shoved much further up the nostril, such that the testing procedure would be quite unpleasant. and that this failure to swab correctly would lead to a lot of false negatives. 

D72E26FE-7932-4D19-A14A-306DA0B6E1E5.thumb.jpeg.8050eb794ed212309793e48ef8886c35.jpeg

um.....anyone see a connection with the March 19th decision to discharge coronavirus patients into care homes?

42 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Imagine how long it will take to call Stan, to get him to bring the turnstile keys (He lives 40mins away, don't forget).  And bear in mind he's pretty much deaf now, so I seriously doubt he'll hear his phone ring first time!
Then, the computer doodahs will need to be switched on, to allow the gate to recognise your ticket, otherwise the turnstile won't turn!
The white shed thing would need to be opened and manned... in case the computer doodahs don't recognise your ticket, and you have trouble getting in... holding everyone up in the process, as you block the turnstile!
Then you realise you have forgotten your flask and sandwiches, and ask them to hang on whilst you nip home and grab them.
And to cap it all, just as you approach your seat with the biggest grin on your face, thinking you are one of the lucky ones, you trip and fall down the stairs, breaking your leg... just as the PA guy announces that they aren't actually insured to have members of the public inside the stadium, so "can you please, please, please be extra careful, and make sure you don't injure yourself, otherwise we could all get into trouble"!

No, I think the easiest thing would be to give these people a lift in the back of a van, to the local police station, and show them around the cells.

3 hours ago, GboroRam said:

Only the West stand could accompany moaning with more moaning. But you are 100% correct.

DCFC should use what a South Korean team did last week, Sex Dolls as Fans, I'd be prepared to put them in the West Stand, I'd moan for free ?

44235b7c37b44ddd898472323bff5333

Archived