Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Archied said:

That’s ok but do people just say they believe it’s safe for them to visit both parents at same time if the social distance and people like boris aren’t going to persuade them ? 
now I’m not saying who’s right or wrong but surely you see the problem 

I think that is safe. Especially if you are allowed to see one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Much safer than reopening schools.

3 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Obviously I don’t know your son but, are you sure he would make the decision not to go (if that’s what he decides) for the right reasons? Other than seeing their mates, there maybe plenty of kids (especially boys I reckon. Sorry if that’s stereotyping but I suspect it maybe true) who don’t really like school much and would be happy to stay at home and interact online.

Hopefully, your son is more sensible and will make a decision for the right reasons.

He we explained everything to him. He knows he may not be in the same class as his friends, he knows his friends may not be there, he knows that if he is in the same class as his friends he is not allowed to be closer than 2m to them. 

He wants to go back to school because he wants to learn, he wants to go back to school so he is ready for starting secondary school in September. He is clever enough to know that he doesn't want to fall behind on his learning.

34 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Yep

And do the gov fine people for not following the directive to return to work ? Perhaps remove furlough help or refuse treatment to them or their family should they catch it as they are not contributing to the efforts to keep the country and the nhs afloat ?

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

So what do the other 50% of kids do? I can possibly envisage a situation where children would go in on alternate days, but then parents who are working would have to do likewise.

I must confess that I was pretty spaced out most of my time in 6th form.

A relative teaches at a primary school in France and has been back a week. She's got a group in the morning, a group in the afternoon and another group who don't come at all (parental choice) Same lesson is taught 3 times. There is a 60 page protocol/rule book to try to cover all aspects of life and interactions in schools. For instance she told me children cannot give their work or books directly to the teacher, so a separate desk is set up where they place their books and she goes to pick them up from there and vice versa to return them. All in all, the way she descibed it, we are looking after the kids as best as we can but not a lot of teaching is going on.

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

They are still doing it. Its standard practice.

any patient who has recovered enough must be discharged within two hours. Elderly patients were / are still being discharged into care homes. Some have been tested. Some haven't, it makes no difference. The new care home in belper is full of new covid 19 dischargees from hospital. 

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

It wasn't an nhs decision. It was a government instruction - still in force. 

Source?

Had to turn todays fault briefing off again.

Alok Sharma takes a questions, turns it into something completely different and then gives an answer completely irrelevant to the question.

He was asked why France would be exempted from the 14 day quarantine and ended up giving an answer about the R rate.

He was then asked about whether track and trace would be in place for schools and started rambling on about health & safety and hygiene.

It's not the first time he has done this, his answers have absolutely no credibility and it's about time he was picked up on it.

39 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Source?

All of this information is readily available. (Although having said that my google search isn't bringing up the webpages i found at the time, which put it in a nutshell. Probably some difference in search criteria)

however try this.....

The Government has released new guidance regarding hospital discharges and admissions to care homes in light of the Covid-19 pandemic. 

In response to the Covid-19 pandemic, the Government has released a document setting out the Hospital Discharge Service requirements for all NHS Trusts, Community Interest Companies (CICs) and providers of acute, community beds and community health services staff in England. The requirements are applicable from 19 March 2020, onwards.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/880288/COVID-19_hospital_discharge_service_requirements.pdf

We also need care homes to continue to make their full capacity available to support the national effort, both in terms of beds and their skilled care staff. Helping to move patients who no longer require acute care into the most appropriate setting will help to save thousands of lives. We thank you for your continued actions to support the implementation of the hospital discharge guidance COVID-19 Hospital Discharge Service Requirements. 

1.1 This document sets out the Hospital Discharge Service Requirements for all NHS trusts, community interest companies and private care providers of acute, community beds and community health services and social care staff in England, who must adhere to this from Thursday 19th March 2020. It also sets out requirements around discharge for health and social care commissioners (including Clinical Commissioning Groups and local authorities).

1.2  Unless required to be in hospital (see Annex B), patients must not remain in an NHS bed.

1.3  Based on these criteria, acute and community hospitals must discharge all patients as soon as they are clinically safe to do so. Transfer from the ward should happen within one hour of that decision being made to a designated discharge area. Discharge from hospital should happen as soon after that as possible, normally within 2 hours. 

.......the number crunching for assessment 

https://www.mdcalc.com/national-early-warning-score-news-2

Is this a COVID-19 patient?

For research purposes only; answer does NOT impact results.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/local-news/derbyshire-council-run-care-home-4126505

People are no longer socail distancing anymore my mum nipped in our local co-op shop she went get something nearly sent her flying and my said mum said socail distancing they told her f that were not doing that f them.

Well down local large groups of people that are not same family my had tell two girls keep distance said sorry but not nice way like saying so what.

Caught the middle of an interview on bbc before the briefing with interviewee very anti lock down and giving valid reasons for his view , the main thing I picked up is that a few weeks ago he would not have been allowed to put his view out in the media, banned from utube ,thrown of twitter and Facebook and labelled dangerous as a spreader of mis information ,, now on the BBC no less ?,, amazing how things change when the agenda does , perhaps the lockdown and pre lockdown media was over the top

28 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

People are no longer socail distancing anymore my mum nipped in our local co-op shop she went get something nearly sent her flying and my said mum said socail distancing they told her f that were not doing that f them.

Well down local large groups of people that are not same family my had tell two girls keep distance said sorry but not nice way like saying so what.

I dont think you can take the actions of a couple of individuals and conclude that people are no longer social distancing.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

I dont think you can take the actions of a couple of individuals and conclude that people are no longer social distancing.

it doesn't help when the media lead with headlines about packed parks and beaches and then the pictures show what seems to be sensible distances being maintained. 

When we do finally get out of this, a question I would like to see answered:-

You've said all along, that we have been guided by the science. The science now is telling us we need to keep the R below 1 or there will be exponential growth.

What was the R rate when we first told that this was a pandemic?

If it was above 1, why did we not go into lockdown straight away? If it was below 1 why did we not take measures to keep it below one?

At what point in time did R become the critical number and, if it wasnt from the offset, what was guiding the decisions?

Sith Happens
33 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

People are no longer socail distancing anymore my mum nipped in our local co-op shop she went get something nearly sent her flying and my said mum said socail distancing they told her f that were not doing that f them.own 

it's been happening since day 1, some think they are invincible or only consider their oan circumstances,  I still believe that the majority of us are decent  people who will apply common sense and look after ourselves and those around us.

7 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Fully understand buddy. FWIW, I've attached a couple of links below to some homeschooling resources which may help to add a bit of structure to the process as well as providing a more diverse set of learning tools than you have at present. 

https://uk.ixl.com/inspiration/family-learning?partner=google&campaign=9681303299&adGroup=99694700579&gclid=CjwKCAjwwYP2BRBGEiwAkoBpAqD5j27mlA6gxKzvLDanXEXKwUhjHRO30i00k_iBCr5iMT2nUS-GeRoC17IQAvD_BwE

https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/

I'll ask my teacher buddies whether they can recommend anything and will PM you if they do.

https://www.century.tech/

Worth a look at for English. Maths and Science (from age 7). Currently free. Diagnostic tasks to begin with and then learning is targeted at  the child's 'level'.

BBC Bitesize Daily Lessons are good too:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/dailylessons

30 minutes ago, Archied said:

Caught the middle of an interview on bbc before the briefing with interviewee very anti lock down and giving valid reasons for his view , the main thing I picked up is that a few weeks ago he would not have been allowed to put his view out in the media, banned from utube ,thrown of twitter and Facebook and labelled dangerous as a spreader of mis information ,, now on the BBC no less ?,, amazing how things change when the agenda does , perhaps the lockdown and pre lockdown media was over the top

Bookmarked. Will revisit in 4 weeks.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, B4ev6is said:

Well not what we have seen no one brothering with it anymore I say to my mum that always happening to me

I can't dispute what you are witnessing,  all I can say is my experience is different. People around us appear to be being sensible. 

I present an observation, no comment, no angle, just a thing.

I was in hospital this week, for a one night stay for non-covid reasons. There's no-one there. The Royal Derby is a ghost town.

Swamped with available car park spaces in all carparks. Corridors empty.

I went to MAU, and was descended upon to be booked in, blood pressure check, wristband on, covid check, offered tea and a choice for lunch and checked by a doctor within 15 minutes,

Beds free on MAU and in my ward.

2 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

I present an observation, no comment, no angle, just a thing.

I was in hospital this week, for a one night stay for non-covid reasons. There's no-one there. The Royal Derby is a ghost town.

Swamped with available car park spaces in all carparks. Corridors empty.

I went to MAU, and was descended upon to be booked in, blood pressure check, wristband on, covid check, offered tea and a choice for lunch and checked by a doctor within 15 minutes,

Beds free on MAU and in my ward.

And we were told that the Midlands was the second hardest hit area in the country.

I even heard an unofficial rumour that the Royal was only going to be used for Covid cases and all other non Covid cases would be sent to the old DRI.

Archived