Coronavirus

1of4

1 minute ago, uttoxram75 said:

....I work at Fox's Biscuits in Uttoxeter ?

Essential by my reckoning!  Hope you're still working!

...unless you'd rather not, of course.  In which case, glad to see you are sat at home safe and sound.

Stop digging now Mucker.  The joke wasn't that great anyway!

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Essential by my reckoning!  Hope you're still working!

...unless you'd rather not, of course.  In which case, glad to see you are sat at home safe and sound.

Stop digging now Mucker.  The joke wasn't that great anyway!

Still working Mucker, food production key worker status believe it or not.

1 hour ago, GboroRam said:

All of us food producers deserve some recognition. Working on a production line, no chance of 2m separation. 

Basically, that's why our place shut last Tuesday, until ....no idea when. 

Non food industry, but impossible to do the 2m seperation. 

9 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

Basically, that's why our place shut last Tuesday, until ....no idea when. 

Non food industry, but impossible to do the 2m seperation. 

We've put perspex screens up where possible between people on production lines but its so difficult on certain areas not to get close.

3 hours ago, Needlesh said:

Yes. Again though, for the purpose of travelling to a wide open space, where's the harm in me getting in my car? I could drive all day, pay for petrol contactless and put no-one at any more risk than if I stay at home. Add in that I've got to go to supermarkets and work anyway, and it doesn't make a jot of sense.

go ahead then and ignore the government advice and the pleading of NHS staff.

5 hours ago, King Kevin said:

No mate but there was a time in the 60's, 70's and 80's when I used to think it should be the capital of England .Certainly for the night life .

Nottingham you mean the ten bob millionaire city?

4 hours ago, i-Ram said:

You could send your neighbours a message in a bottle saying don’t stand so close to me.

I guess that would have taken the sting out of my annoyance although when the summers over, I think we're heading back to Blighty.

Struggling to cope with this land. 

2 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Still working Mucker, food production key worker status believe it or not.

Fantastic!  Foxes have always been my favourite, mate... pal... chum... buddy...

2 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

its causing loads of stress in the factory atm mate.

Not so fantastic!  

In all seriousness, we don't don't even fancy going out there just yet.  Neither of us have been out of the house/garden since early Monday afternoon, and hopefully it will be another week or so until we need to do a shop... I say "we, as she'll do the list, I'll venture out (One only, I believe).

My ears pricked when I found out we are allowed to go on a bike ride (easier to keep a 2m distance), until I realised we don't actually want to go out there, until we have to!  We've found various ways of keeping busy, and various ways to exercise... some rather more enjoyable than others!

Stay safe, UFoxRam!    ?  ?

6 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Fantastic!  Foxes have always been my favourite, mate... pal... chum... buddy...

Not so fantastic!  

In all seriousness, we don't don't even fancy going out there just yet.  Neither of us have been out of the house/garden since early Monday afternoon, and hopefully it will be another week or so until we need to do a shop... I say "we, as she'll do the list, I'll venture out (One only, I believe).

My ears pricked when I found out we are allowed to go on a bike ride (easier to keep a 2m distance), until I realised we don't actually want to go out there, until we have to!  We've found various ways of keeping busy, and various ways to exercise... some rather more enjoyable than others!

Stay safe, UFoxRam!    ?  ?

If you call me UFoxRam again I shall hunt you down and sprinkle your garden with covid-19 ridden biscuit crumbs.

4 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Aldi's modus operandi is to take the market leader brand and ask another manufacturer if they can match it at a fraction of the price. Often we pay for the brand, so Aldi can get something very similar made for far less and take a smaller profit margin.

I'm in charge of a factory that makes Aldi crisps, mixed case products. Will let you guess which company it is.

I have staff working for me on this process whom were made redundant by Pepsico, they reliably tell me that the potatoes and seasoning we use are exactly the same standard as they use in Walkers crisps but Aldi sell their products at a fraction of the price. 

Have been making this product for nearly a year now, in terms of complaints from Aldi customers regards product quality  it is virtually zero.

People aren't prepared to pay premium prices anymore when they can get an equivalent or slightly inferior product for a lot, lot less elsewhere. 

2 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

If you call me UFoxRam again I shall hunt you down and sprinkle your garden with covid-19 ridden biscuit crumbs.

Oops... I never gave the "other" fox reference a thought, in all honesty!  My bad!

(Although in my defence, they have always been a massive insignificance, so no wonder I never gave them a thought!)  

???

The problem when venturing outside your front door isn't as simple as you ensuring you stay well clear of others. It's impossible to predict the actions of people who may not have the same safety awareness as you so why take any risks when it's obviously not necessary - potentially you're playing with the health and well-being of everyone else in your household. 

Before the current advice and restrictions were in place I went into a local shop for some basic provisions to see us through to the next week and some old codger I've never see before put his hand on my shoulder, as if to say 'don't worry - it'll be alright'. That's bloody scary!

15 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

In as much as that he is being chastised for daring to have a different opinion and ask questions?

Personally I'm happy to follow the officials guidance but dont see too much wrong with what @Needlesh is saying.

If the situation is that bad close down all workplaces and enforce full lockdown surely?

There's a lot of double standards that's for sure. I'm in charge of a food manufacturing facility which is business as usual.

Directive from head office is to make some mitigation by staff working from home if possible, staggering breaks so that the staff canteen isnt rammed with staff at the same time and allow staff to leave 15 mins early at the end of their shift so they're not coming into contact with the incoming workers. 

There are however staff working on packing lines in close proximity whom definitely aren't outside the 2m exclusion zone. At the moment there is no practicable solution to solve this other than close production lines down. 

Is this to be condoned but driving to a rural location to take a walk is frowned upon? Make your own minds up.

Archived