Coronavirus

1of4

1 hour ago, Turk Thrust said:

I find someone who flounces off each time they don't agree with what someone has said, frankly ridiculous and pathetic

Given said poster has stated he's taking a break and you would therefore have known that he would not see, let alone respond to your post, what exactly is the point of calling him 'ridiculous and pathetic'? I'll quite happily trade insults with you if you like, but how exactly is he worthy of your assessment for choosing not to do so? 

The fact is, Eddie's post wasn't even an opinion piece, it was purely anecdotal. Nor was it directed at anyone on this forum, unlike your own contribution. Plenty of folk on here are quite happy to get 'personal' when it suits, myself included, yet you choose to deride him for wanting to avoid conflict. How exactly does that make him the lesser man?

Frankly, your 'considered input' only serves to illustrate in spades that the reasons Eddie gave for stepping back are entirely valid, a fact that seems to have escaped your attention as well as that of several others. 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Well that's me furloughed off for 3 weeks! Have people been panic buying all the whisky, or have they left me a few litres?

I feel you pain mate.

My boss just told me in furlonged.

I said do you mean furloughed boss?

He said, no just get out my sight!

14 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

Bloody ridiculous isn't it.

If I go down my local estate park for an hour and walk around in circles I'll come home with limited fresh air, limited mood lift and having seen maybe 100 people at relatively close quarters. I can avoid them, but we're in the same space of a few yards.

If I get in my car and drive an hour up the peak, I can park up and walk for a couple of hours in almost complete seclusion. with acres between me and the next person, and come home without a care in the world.

All this cobblers about rescue services and so on is ********. The fuzz need putting back in their box, and we should be opening national trust property up again too.

I guess you didn't see the reports or images of Snowdonia at the weekend? Nothing wrong with your theory but if too many people have the same idea it all goes wrong.

47 minutes ago, ossieram said:

furloughed

I think this will be a common term lover the coming weeks, this is going to be far reaching 

1 minute ago, TexasRam said:

I think this will be a common term lover the coming weeks, this is going to be far reaching 

Too true, my missus has told me I'm furloughed for the foreseeable.

As soon as the ring was on her finger.

28 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I guess you didn't see the reports or images of Snowdonia at the weekend? Nothing wrong with your theory but if too many people have the same idea it all goes wrong.

I did, and you're right, but my local park is meant for 20 kids and 2 dog walkers at a time, not serving an estate of 2000 people. 

The peak district is a big place so long as people have sense enough not to all converge on the Dovedale stepping stones.

Those pics from the Derbyshire constabulary, of a couple walking a dog, so isolated they needed a ducking drone to find them? No problem there. It was nonsense to call them out, especially with the two coppers piloting the drone no doubt sat 18 inches apart in a plod car.

23 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

All this talk about "being furloughed" is turning some posters rather close to others ?

I work for a 3rd party company as a caretaker 12 hours a week, The Community Centre I work/worked at closed last week, All activities cancelled, My employer confirmed it had closed 5 days after it closed, Pay day next week, I expect this to be the last one and a letter in the post to say "thank you for your services, But under these trying times we will have to let you go" the 80% from the Government sounds great, But companys with an 8000 strong workforce will find it hard to keep paying National Insurance.

1 minute ago, Needlesh said:

Those pics from the Derbyshire constabulary, of a couple walking a dog, so isolated they needed a ducking drone to find them? No problem there. It was nonsense to call them out, especially with the two coppers piloting the drone no doubt sat 18 inches apart in a plod car.

There address was registered 30 miles away! Let’s say they have a car accident on the way back, or even on the way, or misstep and have an accident on the paths. That’s police, ambulances, maybe even fire engines and then hospital staff tending to two berks who couldn’t follow the rules. 

51 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

All this cobblers about rescue services and so on is ********.

This is in fact cobblers, the strain on the emergency services is very real. 

49 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Well that's me furloughed off for 3 weeks! Have people been panic buying all the whisky, or have they left me a few litres?

Like your thinking. Others bought a 3 year supply of bum wipes and hand sanitiser whereas I went for a truckload of single malt and well aged rum. 

What whisky is your preference? A friend treated me to a 25 year old Macallan 5 or 6 years back for helping him out of a tight spot and I thought I'd indulge myself and buy a bottle as a treat thinking it'd be around £150 to £200 squid which is daft enough but as a one off, never to be repeated...

£1,500!!! Never gonna happen, even if I win the lottery. £30 max save for my bday and Xmas present to myself. Even a 12 year old Macallan is over £50 ?

1 minute ago, Needlesh said:

I did, and you're right, but my local park is meant for 20 kids and 2 dog walkers at a time, not serving an estate of 2000 people. 

The peak district is a big place so long as people have sense enough not to all converge on the Dovedale stepping stones.

Snowdonia is a pretty big place but, I take your points.

As for opening National Trust sites, that would be insane as it is literally encouraging people to visit a relatively small place.

9 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Snowdonia is a pretty big place but, I take your points.

As for opening National Trust sites, that would be insane as it is literally encouraging people to visit a relatively small place.

Grounds, not buildings! My local park is 250m in circumference.

8 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

There address was registered 30 miles away! Let’s say they have a car accident on the way back, or even on the way, or misstep and have an accident on the paths. That’s police, ambulances, maybe even fire engines and then hospital staff tending to two berks who couldn’t follow the rules. 

This is in fact cobblers, the strain on the emergency services is very real. 

Let's say they don't. How often do you crash your car? If they need the AA or a tow...stay in the car.

The strain on the fire NHS is immense. Other services??? Not so much.

51 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Given said poster has stated he's taking a break and you would therefore have known that he would not see, let alone respond to your post, what exactly is the point of calling him 'ridiculous and pathetic'? I'll quite happily trade insults with you if you like, but how exactly is he worthy of your assessment for choosing not to do so? 

The fact is, Eddie's post wasn't even an opinion piece, it was purely anecdotal. Nor was it directed at anyone on this forum, unlike your own contribution. Plenty of folk on here are quite happy to get 'personal' when it suits, myself included, yet you choose to deride him for wanting to avoid conflict. How exactly does that make him the lesser man?

Frankly, your 'considered input' only serves to illustrate in spades that the reasons Eddie gave for stepping back are entirely valid, a fact that seems to have escaped your attention as well as that of several others. 

Another post that made me smile.  Nice of you to defend Eddie, but it is quite odd that it has escaped your notice over the years how Eddie has never been slow to target others with ridiculous and pathetic jibes.  I don’t think that fact has escaped several others, but perhaps we others might have a bit tougher skin.

3 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Has Gove accidentally let the cat out of the bag. 

At 17.15 to 17.17 in today's news conference, he specifically said "flatten the curve, reduce the rate of reinfection", in response to a question from Sky News.

Really this is the key to issue, what sort of immunity is proved to be retained by those that have been through the first round

2 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Really this is the key to issue, what sort of immunity is proved to be retained by those that have been through the first round

I haven’t heard it but could it have referred to the second wave of infection that follows the relaxation of a lockdown, rather than individuals getting re-infected?

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

Ffs ??

Archived