Coronavirus

1of4

3 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Oops... I never gave the "other" fox reference a thought, in all honesty!  My bad!

(Although in my defence, they have always been a massive insignificance, so no wonder I never gave them a thought!)  

???

The dirty filth ridden lessta foxes have occasionally been significant. 

I was at Filbert Street in 1975 when we took 12,000 and took over there ground as we closed in on our 2nd Title win in 3 years....the police were  a bit busy trying to remove the Derby fans out of their end...

There was a little incident in the early 80's when the baby squad and the DLF locked horns in Lessta city centre that was character building as well...

Best not to mention the 1994 Play Off Final.....?

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

There's a lot of double standards that's for sure. I'm in charge of a food manufacturing facility which is business as usual.

Directive from head office is to make some mitigation by staff working from home if possible, staggering breaks so that the staff canteen isnt rammed with staff at the same time and allow staff to leave 15 mins early at the end of their shift so they're not coming into contact with the incoming workers. 

There are however staff working on packing lines in close proximity whom definitely aren't outside the 2m exclusion zone. At the moment there is no practicable solution to solve this other than close production lines down. 

Is this to be condoned but driving to a rural location to take a walk is frowned upon? Make your own minds up.

Which factory you in mate? Exactly the same issues in ours

6 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Which factory you in mate? Exactly the same issues in ours

It’s the 2m thing. We have the same problem in the Utilities two people sharing a van then having to lift covers almost kissing each other. It is difficult but the last thing people need is no water or public health issues so we all have to try and do our best. Also work force self isolating and losing staff. It isn’t the best situation to be honest.

1 minute ago, Van Gritters said:

It’s the 2m thing. We have the same problem in the Utilities two people sharing a van then having to lift covers almost kissing each other. It is difficult but the last thing people need is no water or public health issues so we all have to try and do our best. Also work force self isolating and losing staff. It isn’t the best situation to be honest.

We've managed to stop kissing each other but yeah, were working in close proximity then going home to our families.....

6 hours ago, Needlesh said:

One way in, one way out by car, but masses of car parking and loads of ways onto the ground on foot.

The staff and volunteers are still needed, plus 'Joe Public' has shown how they can't be trusted to stay 2m away. If the public are travelling then there will be more likelihood of accidents, more use of petrol stations...much easier to stay local!

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

In as much as that he is being chastised for daring to have a different opinion and ask questions?

Personally I'm happy to follow the officials guidance but dont see too much wrong with what @Needlesh is saying.

If the situation is that bad close down all workplaces and enforce full lockdown surely?

But then Needlesh would still want to be allowed to drive around and visit places not local whenever they wanted! There are others involved in his choice of ignoring Gov advice, not just him.

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

But then Needlesh would still want to be allowed to drive around and visit places not local whenever they wanted! There are others involved in his choice of ignoring Gov advice, not just him.

There were plenty of dick heads wanting to take their exercise in Matlock Bath but a police road block has put a stop to that but I bet the police could be better used elsewhere.

6 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

More than a couple of reports now, of folk swiping all the single-use gloves at petrol pumps.  Just sayin'.    

Don’t worry.

Derbyshire Police will have drone footage of that. 

2 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Don’t worry.

Derbyshire Police will have drone footage of that. 

I think one's been dash-cammed?  Private regged Merc apparently?  Can't be ar5ed to check for a link.  Such stories are starting to get me down now.  Need to give them all a wide berth, mind my own business, and stop dobbing them in on here.  Shouldn't really give them the time of day!  

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I think one's been dash-cammed?  Private regged Merc apparently?  Can't be ar5ed to check for a link.  Such stories are starting to get me down now.  Need to give them all a wide berth, mind my own business, and stop dobbing them in on here.  Shouldn't really give them the time of day!  

Ive seen it. Proper Bamford. 

6 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Aldi's modus operandi is to take the market leader brand and ask another manufacturer if they can match it at a fraction of the price. Often we pay for the brand, so Aldi can get something very similar made for far less and take a smaller profit margin.

I've been shopping at Aldi since their 1st one opened in Uttoxeter new road Derby.

Their produce imo is better than the brand names out there, Far cheaper and as good if not better in taste, Aldi and Lidl have taken a greater market share this last few years, So much so that the bigger super markets who thought they were of little competition are now playing the pied piper flute to intice the shopper back with price cutting.

Shopped there on Friday so were many many others, Plenty of stock on the shelves but large queues at the checkouts, As a foot note, Their Ginger Biscuits are great and at 25p a packet I buy 4 at a time ☺️

3 hours ago, Spanish said:

go ahead then and ignore the government advice and the pleading of NHS staff.

6 hours ago, Needlesh said:

I get it, and I'll comply, but I still disagree with the measure.

I'm a contrarian. Not a bamford.

11 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

In this hour of need, the single malt from Aldi and Lidl at less than £20 a bottle is decent. No doubt some will turn their nose up at the prospect but, it suits me and I don’t feel so guilty about having a triple measure.

Spot on Tamworth. The guy I share the stash with swears by the Aldi buyers. He reckons they are super astute and that the shop offers excellent value. One Christmas a couple of years back I bought 2 bottles of El Dorado 12 Year Old rum for £35.00. Bonkers. I think Alex's comments apply more to lesser known brands though, hidden gems if you like.

Archived