v Swansea (A) - Matchday Thread

OohMartWright

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Petty point scoring?

You mean like describing substitutions as pathetic because your hero didnt come on?

My hero? I actually would have liked Marriott to come on, I assume you're painting it out like I'm a Martin fanboy. But as per usual, you don't know what you're talking about.

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this a sign of things to come?  We've looked better and better lately. A win away at Swansea is a great result, even more so based on our away form. Rooney orchestrating.  Holmes inspired. Bird showing experience well beyond his years, Wisdom again very solid and Lawrence.  Well, if he keeps playing like this I'll be a happy ram. I've often been a critic, mainly because I know he has so much ability.  Maybe, at long last, he's coming good.  Freshly home from the pub watching the 6 nations (with one eye on my phone), several pints to the good,  I'm in a happy place. 

3 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Wasn't able to follow this thread as I was driving but just had a read through it.

I'd just like to say a big thank you to all of those who hit the panic button when it went to 2-1 and those who had fits with the substitutions. Gave me a right good laugh.

Tactical geniuses.

Yeah best not to comment during the game then come on at the end when you know how it ended. ?

38 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I know how bad would it be, I wouldn’t sleep from the time it was known until it was over.......but I just have a feeling 

I’m guessing you’re younger and healthier than me, as you can say that without a panic attack.  I have anxiety attacks just thinking about a Derby / Gimp play off final.  As winning or losing could both finish me off.

TBF I don’t think the top 6 are gonna drop enough pts for us to catch up regardless of how we play.  One day it might happen.   It will be the most talked about subject  of my eulogy.

Was so pleased when Lawrence got the winner and what a goal that was, last few games he  has started to put in some improved performances. Now looking forward to the Bristol game with some optimism, we are truly in the playoff hunt if we beat them, they are off the back of a poor result and are poor at home so we have a chance if everyone is on top of their game.  After Bristol we play Huddersfield at home which is a game we would expect to win given our home form, would be so nice to make a late push for the top 6, don't think we will quite make it as a combination of our leaky defence and dodgy keepers will mean it will be slightly too much to ask, but a even if we finish top 10 I will be pleased given the circumstances and feel positive for next season.

just got back from match , what a great game , end to end , some very good football , talented youngsters on both sides , my nerves were shot to pieces in injury time but the lads held firm , Bird and Lawrence outstanding , so pleased for the manager , a point or even another win in Bristol and the chase will be on , great stuff lads COYR

1 hour ago, Mafiabob said:

CoCu OuT, hUgHtOn In 

tbf Cocu is a quite similar to Hughton just not as experienced in English football and more focussed on developing the young players. 

Hughton knows exactly what it takes to win Championship games and how to adapt his team's approach to the game in order to do so. Exactly what Cocu gets criticised for with the whole "sets up to oppose the opposition'" thing, but it isn't actually a negative, defensive strategy that never changes, it's about how to exploit the opposition's weaknesses. Hughton gets praised for it.

Cocu is learning that with the help of a Hughton protege in Rosenior.

I'd rather be where we are with Cocu than where we could have been with Hughton though.

4 hours ago, Jourdan said:

It sticks in the throat a little bit that a lot of casual observers are going to credit Rooney and Rooney alone for this revival.

I'm sure he has had some influence, but the manager and so many players have really stepped it up in recent weeks.

While I don’t disagree with your point regarding the manager and many players upping their game in recent weeks, for me the Rooney effect cannot be underestimated, prior to him turning up we had no one on the pitch that would tell big names to pull their finger out and lay into players, I remember Marriott being on the receiving end of a piece of advice from Rooney against Barnsley.

Players will take constructive criticism from him and be inspired by him, I would think all the players want to be in a team with him, for youngsters like Bird and Knight, and others it must be a dream come true to have him as their captain. I love what he’s brought to the club as a whole.

And I bet Keogh is mad  at denying himself the opportunity to be in a team with him.

(A-win away,  a-win away, a-win away, a-win away)

In the jungle, the mighty jungle
The Welsh One sleeps tonight
In the jungle, the quiet jungle
The Welsh One sleeps tonight

Near the village, the peaceful village
Near the village, the quiet village

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

My hero? I actually would have liked Marriott to come on, I assume you're painting it out like I'm a Martin fanboy. But as per usual, you don't know what you're talking about.

From the person who rubbished the 'pathetic substitutions' because they were negative and we needed to score? ?????

5 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

My biggest smile today is reserved for @angieram.

I can only presume she is having an absolutely cracking weekend... and thoroughly deserved after her travels throughout the season.   ?

Thank you, Mucker. It's been quite a special weekend and when I wished Cocu all the best earlier was rewarded with his little twinkly smile. I like to think that I contributed a little to today's performance! 

It's bloomin' windy here in Swansea tonight, though.

1 hour ago, BucksRam said:

Is this a sign of things to come?  We've looked better and better lately. A win away at Swansea is a great result, even more so based on our away form. Rooney orchestrating.  Holmes inspired. Bird showing experience well beyond his years, Wisdom again very solid and Lawrence.  Well, if he keeps playing like this I'll be a happy ram. I've often been a critic, mainly because I know he has so much ability.  Maybe, at long last, he's coming good.  Freshly home from the pub watching the 6 nations (with one eye on my phone), several pints to the good,  I'm in a happy place. 

A little off topic. 

Obviously would love a last min dot com play-off push. Still plenty of games left. 

However, the silver lining I am hoping for should we fail to make the grade - Wycombe vs. DCFC (hopefully) next season. 

I am guessing you’re also excited by that potential fixture?

Archived