v Swansea (A) - Matchday Thread

OohMartWright

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

If Bogle had carried on as he was then we were at serious risk of being down to 10 (again!) and Cocu would have got slaughtered for not reacting to the situation.

Bogle is still young and naieve at times - he'll learn.

Totally agree 

bogle tbh just needs to dial it down a little 

he’s got so much natural Talent It’s untrue, it’s kinda similar to Lawrence... not doubting his talent 

Both are guilty at times of trying to force the issue and quite often in the wrong areas of the pitch 

last few games something seems to have clicked a bit with Lawrence as it’s very noticeable he’s moving the ball on a lot quicker in non dangerous areas instead of trying to run with it and beat the world ... this in turn allows him like today to pop up in those dangerous areas we want him in and do damage 

bogle today was against a very good winger and it was tough for him, but on top of that he was trying to force so many issues and take on the world or play a pass that just wasn’t on 

he’s young, he will learn but I think the best thing he can do is take a leaf out of Lawrence’s book and just reel it in a notch ... he’ll be a better player for it 

as Lawrence’s biggest critic want to say that was top drawer today even before his winner, simple things well, worked hard and effectively for the team

rooney was absolutely stand out and a special mention for fozzy who for me is our best and more reliable left back by some distance 

we’ll done all 

bloody delighted 

18 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

geoff stelling just said on soccer sat that since rooney joined, noone has won more points in the championship than us!!

And isn’t just his skill. It’s the belief that he has given younger players. The aura and leading by example. When those young lads were kids getting in to the game Rooney was a king. Now they are on the pitch with him. Huge huge influence to young minds

7 minutes ago, KBB said:

I'm happy for people to give opinions and thoughts and make suggestions and questions  things around the match day, but the arrogant nature of some of the posts stands out a mile with regards to how some fans perceive how valid their expertise is.

Spot on - one or two posters seem to class themselves as experts.

5 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Spot on - one or two posters seem to class themselves as experts.

I have no idea what you mean. Obviously I am one, but the others ?  ... it’s just a question of singing who are you who are you to flush em out. 

Cocu seems to be growing into his role and I'm sure he's enjoying it as he slowly proves the doubters like myself wrong.

He still has a lot to prove, mind you. There are plenty of tough games coming up, and they're coming thick and fast. But since the turn of the year, it is hard not to be encouraged by what we're seeing. A lot of small steps in the right direction.

Contrary to what some might have you believe, I don't think anyone wants to see Cocu fail and I don't think anyone revels in Cocu and the team not doing well.

But let's face it, when you see the team fighting, giving it their all, showing the right kind of intent, playing somewhere close to our potential, and working to a plan, it's much easier to be optimistic irrespective of the result.

We could have lost 3-2 today, and yes, it would have been frustrating, but we'd have been heartened by it just as much. Getting beaten from pillar to post by the likes of Blackburn and Charlton, not so much.

3 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Cocu seems to be growing into his role and I'm sure he's enjoying it as he slowly proves the doubters like myself wrong.

Didn't watch the game, but from a few tweets from journalists it seems that Cocu read the game well and made important changes to help the win. Is that fair? 

6 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

He still has a lot to prove, mind you. There are plenty of tough games coming up, and they're coming thick and fast. But since the turn of the year, it is hard not to be encouraged by what we're seeing. A lot of small steps in the right direction.

Contrary to what some might have you believe, I don't think anyone wants to see Cocu fail and I don't think anyone revels in Cocu and the team not doing well.

But let's face it, when you see the team fighting, giving it their all, showing the right kind of intent, playing somewhere close to our potential, and working to a plan, it's much easier to be optimistic irrespective of the result.

We could have lost 3-2 today, and yes, it would have been frustrating, but we'd have been heartened by it just as much. Getting beaten from pillar to post by the likes of Blackburn and Charlton, not so much.

Nail on the head there my friend 

Archived