v Swansea (A) - Matchday Thread

OohMartWright

11 hours ago, Ramshankered said:

My second string ?

Very indulgent of me, but DCFC vs Wycombe has been a pipe dream of mine for years. Always hoped we’d draw them in the cup. Kinda mind boggling (to me at least!) that they could be in the same league next year. 

Edit: I live 10 mins from Leyton these days sooooo while we’re on the wish list, if we could get a cup tie against Orient, I’ll be laughing!

Me too! Also my second string, I live local to Adams Park so go to pretty much every home game. We have never played Wycombe before I don’t believe!

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, desirelines said:

Just watched the highlights. Gonna be that guy for a second, but can you imagine how peeved Rooney would have been if Lawrence's shot had flown over the bar. He was in so much space! ?

Anyways, delighted for Tom. Hope he goes on a cracking run now (when have we said that before)! 

Just watched the highlights. Gonna be that guy for a second, but did anyone else notice, as their equaliser went in (1-1) how much the rear goal frame lifted off the ground?  I thought all net/frame should be securely held, and that the lino's check before each kick off (1st & 2nd halves) to ensure this can't happen?

Call me eagle eyed.
Call me pedantic.
But never call me baby!   

10 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Just watched the highlights. Gonna be that guy for a second, but did anyone else notice, as their equaliser went in (1-1) how much the rear goal frame lifted off the ground?  I thought all net/frame should be securely held, and that the lino's check before each kick off (1st & 2nd halves) to ensure this can't happen?

Call me eagle eyed.
Call me pedantic.
But never call me baby!   

Well spotted Bambino. 

13 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Call me eagle eyed.
Call me pedantic.
But never call me baby!   

Considering the officials missed potential fouls for both their goals you don't expect they are gonna spot owt like that.

Methinks that signing Wayne Rooney has given us much more than a spotlight on Mel and loads of short sales!

Luton apart, this upturn in form is since he started playing. Although he didn’t pull up any trees playing wise in the first few matches, suddenly our players new where they should be and what they should do. Leigh used to do this to a degree, but with all respect he didn’t have the clout which Rooney carries. He is the midfield general we have been wanting for years.

There is also a much more “up for it” attitude, with a corresponding reduction in sideways, backwards, play it safely into trouble passing. Long may it continue, especially as he is now playing to his proper level.

Just watched the first 45.

very good performance for the first 35 until we tired a bit. The goal was fantastic. 22 passes before we score? 

12 hours ago, Archied said:

Thought waghorn played the lone striker role very well ,we now have Martin and waghorn competing for starting spot ,just jack left to show cocu his worth

Waghorn's poachers instinct got us the lead goal. His (relatively) easy sideways pass to Lawrence for the winner followed a superb challenge for the ball by Max Bird, who then carried the ball forward at speed to get the ball to Waghorn.

Apart from that he did not have very many touches and those were routine lay-offs, so as an example of leading the line it wasn't great. I am not complaining though. We play differently when Martin starts but I wasn't surprised when Cocu left him out and the result justified the decision.

But if you want someone to lead the line Martin remains the best option. As in the FA cup they can both start however.

I just watched the behind the angle video of Toms Winner

its set me up grinning for the morning .. not the great shot. Brilliant in itself 

Nooo the funny bit is their goalie .. with his arm dangling out like a tired copper directing traffic ?

On 08/02/2020 at 16:55, ossieram said:

Cracking result and 3 points. The lesson learnt today is that sometimes the manager knows better than the fans.

Catching up, always fascinating knowing the score then reading through the game here. And this sums it all up so very very eloquently. Thank you @ossieram

On 09/02/2020 at 11:38, Mucker1884 said:

Call me eagle eyed.
Call me pedantic.
But never call me baby!   

I think that is the case with a lot of the nets nowadays. Look next time we are at home, when the assistant referee does his check on the net the frame at the bottom lifts up quite easily.

There was a bit of debate over Phil's tactical substitutions and apologies if this has laready been posted but straight from the horse's mouth...

"I decided to change it because I thought it was needed to get back into the game.

Curtis (Davies) and (Graeme) Shinnie came on, gave some more energy and balance in the team.

In the end a great win, we came back with an equaliser and Tom (Lawrence) scored the winner."

I guess this is why I do what I do and Cocu's Derby coach! In recent games his selections and subs seem to have been made with the help of a crystal ball.

#GiveUsYourLottoNumbersPhil

23 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

There was a bit of debate over Phil's tactical substitutions and apologies if this has laready been posted but straight from the horse's mouth...

"I decided to change it because I thought it was needed to get back into the game.

Curtis (Davies) and (Graeme) Shinnie came on, gave some more energy and balance in the team.

In the end a great win, we came back with an equaliser and Tom (Lawrence) scored the winner."

I guess this is why I do what I do and Cocu's Derby coach! In recent games his selections and subs seem to have been made with the help of a crystal ball.

#GiveUsYourLottoNumbersPhil

Let me read that again... "Curtis and Shinnie".   That's CURTIS and SHINNIE!

So the horses mouth is on first name terms with some, yet surnames for others!  Talk about them and us!

No bloody wonder there's cliques around every clothes hook!  No wonder Cocu has no control!  No wonder there's splits, tiffs, and tantrums!  No bloody wonder we're not top!

I tell you what... that's it for me... this club is going to the bloody dogs!  I'm done.  I say, I'm done with 'em!

... or could I be reading more into this than is actually there?  Hmmm...

Might come back yet... we'll see!

1 minute ago, Mucker1884 said:

Let me read that again... "Curtis and Shinnie".   That's CURTIS and SHINNIE!

So the horses mouth is on first name terms with some, yet surnames for others!  Talk about them and us!

No bloody wonder there's cliques around every clothes hook!  No wonder Cocu has no control!  No wonder there's splits, tiffs, and tantrums!  No bloody wonder we're not top!

I tell you what... that's it for me... this club is going to the bloody dogs!  I'm done.  I say, I'm done with 'em!

... or could I be reading more into this than is actually there?  Hmmm...

Might come back yet... we'll see!

Cocu simply doesn't know how to pronounce Shinnie's first name

Archived