v Swansea (A) - Matchday Thread

OohMartWright

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 Things learnt over the last few games, apart from the hope that has returned

We need to get off Lawrence's back  he deserves better now, from everyone

Hamer is a good keeper - hoping we can keep him permanently

If Cocu isn't here in 2 years time and we aint playing in the Prem - I'm moving to Nottingham

40 minutes ago, DesertRam said:

Wycombe, oh Joy

Wouldn't be the same thou, presuming you live there or its your second string?

My second string ?

Very indulgent of me, but DCFC vs Wycombe has been a pipe dream of mine for years. Always hoped we’d draw them in the cup. Kinda mind boggling (to me at least!) that they could be in the same league next year. 

Edit: I live 10 mins from Leyton these days sooooo while we’re on the wish list, if we could get a cup tie against Orient, I’ll be laughing!

It is an outside chance, I am a dreamer, a happy clapper but I reckon we have a shot at a play off place. 

Even if we don’t make it we will have had a good season blooding probably 4 young players that cost zero in transfer fees and turned ourselves from a daft spending club with an entitled attitude in to an organised outfit with a plan to succeed COYR 

8 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Totally agree. 

I have been a staunch Cocu supporter and have never waivered from that. 

But I personally wouldn't put Waghorn up top on his own, much as I like his work rate and would probably have him out wide. I probably wouldn't come out and say 'I told you so' if he had a stinker and missed a few. ..but surely the point of the forum is to express your opinion and preferably not always in hindsight.

So he scored...I couldn't be happier. Does that mean I was wrong? Possibly.... Does it mean he should always start up front? I don't think so...but if he scores in the next couple of games I may chance my stance. 

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, I just don't think saying 'nah nah nah you were wrong, we/he won/scored admit it' constitutes an opinion. Its just a  constant cheap point-scoring which I am finding just sooooo fricking boring now. 

Spot on. Every matvh day thread turns out the same, people go trawling through the comments to point out comments that don't tally up with the final score, and as you said it's boring now. God forbid we dont fancy Waghorn up front or think a substitution should be made. 

The Bogle substitution was due to his yellow card and his erratic defensive display. He was a sending off waiting to happen so Cocu moved wisdom to fullback and Davies to centre back. Excellent work to be commended even if we had gone on to lose. 

The point of  contention I think is the knee jerk reaction of some rather than thinking things through a little. 

3 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

The slight irony in the bogle substitution was that andre was carded and his yellow could have been a red from what I saw on the efl show. 

Never mind, it all worked out!?

Don't you Just love it when the end justify's the means  ?

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

The slight irony in the bogle substitution was that andre was carded and his yellow could have been a red from what I saw on the efl show. 

Never mind, it all worked out!?

I actually thought it was a harsh yellow, neither player was in control of the ball. More a coming together than anything else.

10 hours ago, Ramshankered said:

A little off topic. 

Obviously would love a last min dot com play-off push. Still plenty of games left. 

However, the silver lining I am hoping for should we fail to make the grade - Wycombe vs. DCFC (hopefully) next season. 

I am guessing you’re also excited by that potential fixture?

Lol The Wanderers are only down the road so it's a distinct possibility.  Would rather my local game was Watford tho' i.e. a PL game.....assuming Watford stay up of course. 

Just watched the highlights. Big mention should go to Bird for his play leading to the third goal. Reads the pass, intercepts, drives forward, doesn’t panic, and gives a simple (if slightly under hit) pass to Waghorn. If he carries on his development, he’s gonna be a big player for us...

15 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Just watched the highlights. Big mention should go to Bird for his play leading to the third goal. Reads the pass, intercepts, drives forward, doesn’t panic, and gives a simple (if slightly under hit) pass to Waghorn. If he carries on his development, he’s gonna be a big player for us...

Although unintentional, I think that made Waghorn pass to Lawrence rather than try to go wide and cross it in.

Just watched the highlights. Gonna be that guy for a second, but can you imagine how peeved Rooney would have been if Lawrence's shot had flown over the bar. He was in so much space! ?

Anyways, delighted for Tom. Hope he goes on a cracking run now (when have we said that before)! 

55 minutes ago, desirelines said:

Just watched the highlights. Gonna be that guy for a second, but can you imagine how peeved Rooney would have been if Lawrence's shot had flown over the bar. He was in so much space! ?

Anyways, delighted for Tom. Hope he goes on a cracking run now (when have we said that before)! 

Rooney smashed the ball back into the net with a massive smile on his face and then ran over to jump on Lawrence ?

Archived