v Swansea (A) - Matchday Thread

OohMartWright

1 hour ago, Rams-in-Spain said:

I normally follow the match day thread as I enjoy the updates from SaintRam  but gave up on it today with all the bitching etc. 

A superb win! For those who watched it how well did we play? 

Totally agree. 

I have been a staunch Cocu supporter and have never waivered from that. 

But I personally wouldn't put Waghorn up top on his own, much as I like his work rate and would probably have him out wide. I probably wouldn't come out and say 'I told you so' if he had a stinker and missed a few. ..but surely the point of the forum is to express your opinion and preferably not always in hindsight.

So he scored...I couldn't be happier. Does that mean I was wrong? Possibly.... Does it mean he should always start up front? I don't think so...but if he scores in the next couple of games I may chance my stance. 

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, I just don't think saying 'nah nah nah you were wrong, we/he won/scored admit it' constitutes an opinion. Its just a  constant cheap point-scoring which I am finding just sooooo fricking boring now. 

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Andicis said:

Pathetic substitutions.

This didnt age very well...

Then use one of the 3 attackers we have on the bench. Or we just defend a 2-1 defeat?

Nor this...

I stand by my point, it's still negative to put a holding mid and a centre half on when you're 2-1 down. 

The spade was out by this point...

2 hours ago, Andicis said:

What use is controlling a game if you can't score? 

Oh dear...

Because it's a defensive move when we're already losing. It worked out alright in the end, but it's still an overly negative sub when he could have gone for it. I have no beef with Bogle being subbed, I just have an issue with the two he chose to bring on.

Bringing on defensive players is not always a negative mood. Sometimes its about getting more control of the ball

Excellent win. Good character in coming from behind, Lawrence put in another good performance, Holmes is in the form of his life and up to 10 goals for the season for Waggy. Difficult place to go to and get a result.

Fair play, you came back on and admitted youd made a bit of a mistake ?

Not really, the subs were objectively negative. They worked out, fair play, but it doesn't change the fact that it was a negative change. Hindsight is 20/20.

Oh no, just when it looked like you had redeemed yourself...

Not in this case. I gave an opinion that the subs were negative, and as soon as you give a negative opinion you get people jump down your throat for it. Next time I just won't give an opinion and agree with every single decision made by the manager. 

Its probably because the more sensible fans were prepared to give the subs some time to see how they affected the game rather than just jumping in 2 footed...

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Nor this...

Oh dear...

Bringing on defensive players is not always a negative mood. Sometimes its about getting more control of the ball

Its probably because the more sensible fans were prepared to give the subs some time to see how they affected the game rather than just jumping in 2 footed...

Petty point scoring, lovely. Never emotions involved in football games ever, how could anyone use hyperbole to describe a matter so trivial? 

8 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Petty point scoring, lovely. Never emotions involved in football games ever, how could anyone use hyperbole to describe a matter so trivial? 

Just take it on the chin..... laugh it off and go again on Wednesday when Waggy misses 5 1 on 1s ?

1 hour ago, Rams-in-Spain said:

I normally follow the match day thread as I enjoy the updates from SaintRam  but gave up on it today with all the bitching etc. 

A superb win! For those who watched it how well did we play? 

I was stuck at work today no radio so rely on the match day thread so I agree with you  all the bitching was tedious used the bbc live text after we went 2-1 down.

7 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Forest in the playoffs anyone ?

What a horrific prospect.  The stress would kill me, unless we were 5-0 up after 4 minutes with them down to 9 men.

TBF after watching them quite easily beat Leeds, I can see them in the auto’s.

Just hope they come down with 10 pts as we go up as champions.

3 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

What a horrific prospect.  The stress would kill me, unless we were 5-0 up after 4 minutes with them down to 9 men.

TBF after watching them quite easily beat Leeds, I can see them in the auto’s.

Just hope they come down with 10 pts as we go up as champions.

I know how bad would it be, I wouldn’t sleep from the time it was known until it was over.......but I just have a feeling 

57 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Nor this...

Oh dear...

Tbh the substitutions were designed to allow Rooney to get forward and it worked. At the game though many of us didn’t think it was the right decision, but we were all wrong ! ?

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

Petty point scoring?

You mean like describing substitutions as pathetic because your hero didnt come on?

Archived