v Swansea (A) - Matchday Thread

OohMartWright

So, after two lots of four play the Rams first team head off for their first foreign trip of the season, to the land of leeks and daffodils where sheep are even more nervous than in Derbyshire and most of the menfolk play with their odd-shaped balls.

Saturday 8 February, 3pm kick-off.

Can we maintain my four-goals-a-game record? An away win would be a proper Welsh rarebit, even a streaky 0-1. Can we finally put our unenviable away record to bed? Will it be the same eleven that started against Stoke? One thing's for sure, everyone will be pushing for a place in the side to face ManUre.

Your thoughts please, fellow Rams …...

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Pastinaak said:

After reading this I thought to myself that I don't think we have any Welsh players in our squad which is a bit unusual for Derby. Then I went on transfermarkt just to check so I don't look like an idiot and it turns out we have got one.

19023340-0-image-a-18_1569613834816.jpg

35 minutes ago, Rammed79 said:

Would like the same team set up we had against stoke except knight in for Waghorn .

Wouldn’t be the same team set up with that swap. Waghorn kept getting into the box from the wing when the other winger was in possession and out wide. Knight sits further back by nature. Much less attacking with that change 

This game and Bristol are the acid test as to how much we have improved and whether we might still have something to play for this season. 4 points and I really think we can start looking up the table.

However, whatever happens we are seeing more green shoots and are definitely building nicely for next season.

3 hours ago, 1967RAMS said:

Wouldn’t be the same team set up with that swap. Waghorn kept getting into the box from the wing when the other winger was in possession and out wide. Knight sits further back by nature. Much less attacking with that change 

I disagree 

Went last season, fair old trek, subbing Brizzle on the train this year rather than a mammoth drive. I’ll be enjoying the delights of fine ale and dining in Chester Saturday courtesy of girlfriend Christmas pressie. I have substituted a brewery tour for checking Rams score every other minute with her gracious permission. Victory in South Wales and it’ll be her lucky night ?

Don't think we'll win, just because they're a decent team and we're away from home where we can't even beat our own meat let alone a competent football team... however, think we have to stick with the team from the Stoke game.

The only caveat to that is that we're a very slow team at the best of times so without doing a more in depth analysis of Swansea, I don't know if that line up is a good idea. Maybe Marriott would help if we do need that extra bit of pace to be able to play on the break a bit more.

Archived