Yet another Chris Martin thread.... Yes really

IslandExile

Chris Martin  

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It wasnt just talk, it was actually played out and filmed for the Netflix series Sunderland Til I Die (which I reccomend anyone watch if they want a good insight of how a football club is ran).

Chris Martin was very close to joining Sunderland and we were close to signing a keeper, Martin literally changed his mind at the 11th hour, much to the annoyance of the Sunderland chairman, the goalkeeper loan was then cancelled, much to the annoyance of the keeper.

Mind you,Sunderland were in the championship then I think....before they were relegated

2 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Oh, was that the keeper that no Derby supporter fancied signing?

Dodged a double bullet there then ?

Who was the Derby manager at the time?

Can't remember the keeper. There was a bit of a ballyhoo if I recall. It was deadline day and the keeper rocked up a Moor Farm for a medical with terms agreed, only to be sent back again. 

5 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Can't remember the keeper. There was a bit of a ballyhoo if I recall. It was deadline day and the keeper rocked up a Moor Farm for a medical with terms agreed, only to be sent back again. 

A quick Google makes me think it may have been Jason Steele but not 100% on that. 

"It is hard to say, at the moment," Cocu said when asked how confident he is that Derby can secure Martin on a longer deal.

"I am very pleased he has signed to stay within the team, so he is available for us. He is an important player, not only when he plays but also when he is part of the squad. He has a lot of experience and is a strong character in the team.

Talks are ongoing. When you are on speaking terms, there is always a possibility to find an agreement. I hope we will find an agreement where we can keep him as part of Derby County squad."

Martin has scored 10 goals in 30 appearances this season.

From DT website https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/phillip-cocus-thoughts-chris-martins-4263942

I maybe in the minority here but I think it’s time to move on from Chris Martin now. Our play under Cocu is different to the Mac days when it was using Chris more. Now it’s about passing it around and breaking through channels. We really need a scorer up there and one who can run in behind.

These last two games have been quite painful from an attacking angle and it’s been better when Waghorn has been up front.

Sometimes we need to move on, we’re just about over GT and I do feel it’s time to move on from CM.

Archived