Yet another Chris Martin thread.... Yes really

IslandExile

Chris Martin  

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I can understand why Chrissy would turn down a years contract when Forsyth's has been extended until summer 2022.

Might be a few different factors at play - Forsyth might not have been on that a high a wage and he also covers two positions and he knows he has had 3 very bad injuries so is grateful for the contract length or even that his wife has told him that they are going nowhere! 

I am pleased Martin has signed and I hope we can do a longer deal as I enjoy the team more when he plays with good players and it’s a great option to have - not to mention good forwards are expensive to acquire 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent news re Chris Martin.

hopefully we can agree a longer term deal ASAP and then immediately loan him out again.

2 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Well that was what was said when everything went tits up, however when things started well under PC it seemed like he was actually focusing on the forward line.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34581461

Thanks for that, hadn't seen that before. 

It appears that the 'myth' of Kevin Phillips being a striker coach isn't actually that much of a myth. Apologies @Steve How Hard?!

Sith Happens
23 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

It appears that the 'myth' of Kevin Phillips being a striker coach isn't actually that much of a myth. Apologies @Steve How Hard?!

I think the truth probably sits somewhere in between.

He may not have had an official title of striker coach, but you would expect someone who has played that position to have a positive effect on those in that position.

Wayne Rooney as coach, I would expect his experience would be most useful for midfield/strikers, while defenders not so much.

If Curtis Davies became a coach you would expect his area of expertise to be defence regardless of the actual title. If he joined the coaching staff and our defence went to pieces I would think it only right his input should be challenged.

I think if it was ok to praise Phillips for having a positive effect early on, then it is also Ok to have questioned his contribution when things were going properly tits up up front, which they did.

4 hours ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

So I am right in thinking that if Huddlestone agrees a new, long term contract, he is eligible to play into next month? 

I’d be very surprised if he doesn’t sign in the next few weeks if that’s the case.

3 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Bloody hell, you've made a right mug of me now. I've already sent my apology letter to KP. I think @Paul71 has pretty much nailed it above. No need for an apology btw.

On 07/06/2020 at 09:59, Woodley Ram said:

I have a feeling that the stalemate is about the length of contract for Chris as this is probably his last chance of a contract with decent money. At 33/34 unless he is banging them in left right and centre he is likely to have to take a significant pay cut and probably drop down a division 

Unless the EFL sling us out of the division for FFP reasons, there is no way on God's green earth Chris Martin will ever play in League 1.

None at all!

No, no, no, not ever. 

*unless of course he is still playing when he's 45 ?

1 hour ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Unless the EFL sling us out of the division for FFP reasons, there is no way on God's green earth Chris Martin will ever play in League 1.

None at all!

No, no, no, not ever. 

*unless of course he is still playing when he's 45 ?

Wasn't there once talk/rumours of him going to League 1 Sunderland?

47 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Wasn't there once talk/rumours of him going to League 1 Sunderland?

It wasnt just talk, it was actually played out and filmed for the Netflix series Sunderland Til I Die (which I reccomend anyone watch if they want a good insight of how a football club is ran).

Chris Martin was very close to joining Sunderland and we were close to signing a keeper, Martin literally changed his mind at the 11th hour, much to the annoyance of the Sunderland chairman, the goalkeeper loan was then cancelled, much to the annoyance of the keeper.

24 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It wasnt just talk, it was actually played out and filmed for the Netflix series Sunderland Til I Die (which I reccomend anyone watch if they want a good insight of how a football club is ran).

Chris Martin was very close to joining Sunderland and we were close to signing a keeper, Martin literally changed his mind at the 11th hour, much to the annoyance of the Sunderland chairman, the goalkeeper loan was then cancelled, much to the annoyance of the keeper.

Oh, was that the keeper that no Derby supporter fancied signing?

Dodged a double bullet there then ?

Who was the Derby manager at the time?

Archived