Yet another Chris Martin thread.... Yes really

IslandExile

Chris Martin  

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Admin is being a bit weird at the minute. The list of ex players that they wish a happy birthday to grows more random by the day. Today it was Matt Carbon, who I'm sure made a contribution, but apparently he only played 20 games for us in his Derby career.

Played in the promotion game against Palace and is in one of the most iconic rams photos of recent times!

spacer.png

Legend!!!!!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Played in the promotion game against Palace and is in one of the most iconic rams photos of recent times!

spacer.png

Legend!!!!!

Was that his debut. Can't remember who was injured. I do remember it was supposed to be a joint deal for Huckerby but we opted out at a million for the two.  Him and Sturridge up front would have been the fastest partnership around, but perhaps a bit similar.

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Was that his debut. Can't remember who was injured. I do remember it was supposed to be a joint deal for Huckerby but we opted out at a million for the two.  Him and Sturridge up front would have been the fastest partnership around, but perhaps a bit similar.

Can’t remember the Huckerby link......yeah they would have been a rapid pairing.

Wasnt it Yates missed out after get injured a couple of games before? The game where we walloped Tranmere seems to stick In my memory for some reason 

2 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Can’t remember the Huckerby link......yeah they would have been a rapid pairing.

Wasnt it Yates missed out after get injured a couple of games before? The game where we walloped Tranmere seems to stick In my memory for some reason 

think it was yates.  Yes, Huckerby was the one we went to watch I think and then we wanted both, then wouldn't meet the 550k they wanted.  Think that's why he's a red dogs best friend every time we play them.  Got a bit jealous that his wing man went of with the girl he was really keen on and he was left with her annoying mate.

19 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Yes, it was his debut. 

Has there been any announcement about temporary contracts for the players who are out of contract at the end of June?

I can't help thinking that if they haven't announced anything short term they must have the intention of trying to get those guys on longer contracts by the end of the month?

11 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Has there been any announcement about temporary contracts for the players who are out of contract at the end of June?

I can't help thinking that if they haven't announced anything short term they must have the intention of trying to get those guys on longer contracts by the end of the month?

It will be down to finance and if we are not going to keep them or want to keep them then why would we 

16 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Huddlestone and Martin are available for the conclusion of the season, according to Steve Nicholson.

It still drives me nuts that we had chris Martin and Vydra under contract to our football club and we never played them together properly and I am convinced they would have bagged 50 goals a season between them.

mind you we had Rory Delap and we never let him take a throw in ! Instead we played him at centre forward ?

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

It still drives me nuts that we had chris Martin and Vydra under contract to our football club and we never played them together properly and I am convinced they would have bagged 50 goals a season between them.

mind you we had Rory Delap and we never let him take a throw in ! Instead we played him at centre forward ?

And Clough shoehorned Moxey as a LB even though he was natural goalscorer!

2 in 4 as a striker, right? Not bad considering the team we had at the time.

1 hour ago, rynny said:

Huddlestone and Martin are available for the conclusion of the season, according to Steve Nicholson.

Last paragraph:

Ikechi Anya's contract is up on June 30 and he will leave the club. The 32-year-old has not played for the first team in two years.

3 hours ago, Sparkle said:

I think they would have taken each other’s space to be honest. Martin likes to drop deep and lay it off, Vydra would start deep, turn and run with somebody ahead of him stretching the defence.

1 hour ago, cannable said:

I think they would have taken each other’s space to be honest. Martin likes to drop deep and lay it off, Vydra would start deep, turn and run with somebody ahead of him stretching the defence.

Nah both are to good and would link up perfectly had they been given the chance 

not posted on here in months, but it would typically be martin thread to pull me back in.

I'd heard, maybe in commentary or something that relative to time on the pitch Martin is the top scorer in the league this season - does anyone else remember that or can confirm?

I love the man more than anything in the world.

23 hours ago, Sparkle said:

It will be down to finance and if we are not going to keep them or want to keep them then why would we 

Because if their contracts expire at the end of June they can at that moment sign for someone else - Including a championship rival - And wouldn't be available to us for the remaining 7 games

23 hours ago, rynny said:

Yes, but that assumes no other club comes in for them before the end of June

I doubt they could play for anyone else in July but they could leave us at the end of their contract (should they so choose)

7 hours ago, wixman1884 said:

not posted on here in months, but it would typically be martin thread to pull me back in.

I'd heard, maybe in commentary or something that relative to time on the pitch Martin is the top scorer in the league this season - does anyone else remember that or can confirm?

I love the man more than anything in the world.

For us probably yes

In the league absolutely no - There are at least 7 players on the league top scorers chart with a better mins per goal 

That said - He has 6 assists too which would put his mins per goal contribution around the highest in the league AND even is mins per goal is better than Grabban down the road who is the 3rd top scorer in the league

22 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Yes, but that assumes no other club comes in for them before the end of June

I doubt they could play for anyone else in July but they could leave us at the end of their contract (should they so choose)

I would think most clubs aren't going I be trying to sign out of contract players atm.

6 hours ago, cheron85 said:

For us probably yes

In the league absolutely no - There are at least 7 players on the league top scorers chart with a better mins per goal 

That said - He has 6 assists too which would put his mins per goal contribution around the highest in the league AND even is mins per goal is better than Grabban down the road who is the 3rd top scorer in the league

Thank you! 

Archived