EFL charge Derby over ffp

alexxxxx

Just now, King Kevin said:

Dunno about anything else but I reckon we should shut the Transfer Forum can't see us buying anyone this window.

If you think there is a chance that we may get excluded from the next 3 windows wouldn't you wish to utilise this one as much as possible?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Archied said:

Didn’t the club put one out yesterday ( linked on here) disputing EFL and would fight it then stating they would be making no further comment?

That was an old one mate. From when it came about that Middlesbrough were suing the EFL over us selling our ground.

4 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

My solution is allow parachute payments to only be used on liability taken on in the premiere league.

I. E. Parachute money could be used for players signed in the prem (and other costs taken on in the Premier) , but not to fund the promotion challenge as happens now.

Are you really going to give different amounts of money to different relegated clubs based on how crazy they were with wages and contract lengths in the prem?  You're actually incentivizing clubs to go crazy and sign expensive players, because if they get relegated, they know they won't have to pay for them, so you'll potentially distort the championship even more.

steve bloomer

#DCFC set to sue the EFL over their accusations of failing to comply with Profit & Sustainability rules. For the EFL to agree the sale 18 months ago, and now backtrack, is unlawful, and Derby will sue them for the disruption to their investment deal, and January transfer plans.

1 minute ago, steve bloomer said:

#DCFC set to sue the EFL over their accusations of failing to comply with Profit & Sustainability rules. For the EFL to agree the sale 18 months ago, and now backtrack, is unlawful, and Derby will sue them for the disruption to their investment deal, and January transfer plans.

did you just sayu that or is it a thing?

2 minutes ago, steve bloomer said:

Where's this from?

3 minutes ago, steve bloomer said:

A fan has put that on twitter its not from a statement I've just seen it in twitter

7 minutes ago, steve bloomer said:

Can you just post the links instead? Source is so much more important.

Though the last sentence of that tweet is just such poorly constructed baalocks it's clearly nonsense.

9 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Are you really going to give different amounts of money to different relegated clubs based on how crazy they were with wages and contract lengths in the prem?  You're actually incentivizing clubs to go crazy and sign expensive players, because if they get relegated, they know they won't have to pay for them, so you'll potentially distort the championship even more.

The amount available would be the same to all, but could only be claimed on PL legacy costs. Wouldn't encourage anything the current system doesn't.

is it better to just give them sheds loads of dosh for three years to do with what they will?

Gives a bit of safety net to try to be competitive in the prem but stops the using parachute payments fir three yeses promotion challenge.

51 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

FFP is supposed to be doing 2 things at the same time, and as a result it's doing neither very well.  It's supposed to level the playing field, i.e. stop a club with a rich owner spending massively and winning through sheer resources alone.  And it's also supposed to stop clubs spending beyond their means and getting into financial difficulty.

See I don't think that is what's supposed to happen - However it IS the way the EFL seem to police it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Financial_Fair_Play_Regulations

If you read into the criticisms of the system it talks about maintaining a status quo of top clubs who benefit from no-one else being able to spend enough to catch up with them - It's being policed by the FA to stop teams like Derby catch up with the parachute payment teams on spend

Just another thought here - If we had the same payments from the Premier League that relegated teams have I'm pretty sure we'd have made a profit over the period... Even without the ground sale...

6 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

The amount available would be the same to all, but could only be claimed on PL legacy costs. Wouldn't encourage anything the current system doesn't.

is it better to just give them sheds loads of dosh for three years to do with what they will?

Gives a bit of safety net to try to be competitive in the prem but stops the using parachute payments fir three yeses promotion challenge.

If they can only claim it on prem spending, then you're incentivizing them to spend as much as they can in the prem so they can claim more of it back.

And how do you classify "prem legacy spending".  If Norwich give Pukki a massive new contract in the prem, does that count?  Just the part of his wages beyond what he was on before?  If they give players a promotion bonus that kicks in if they get promoted following a relegation, does that count? If they expand the stadium while they're there, does that count?  If they employ a famous manager, does his wages count?  If they have to pay that manager off because he's crap, does that count?  It's a massive minefield that literally no one will want to get involved in.  The clubs won't want to deal with the extra admin.  The Prem/EFL won't want to deal with the disputes etc

Don't get me wrong, the current system is rubbish, but it's the least rubbish of all of the systems I've seen suggested, here or anywhere else.

Archived