EFL charge Derby over ffp

alexxxxx

steve bloomer
1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

Sun or the daily fail 

FLW and talkSPORT.

Also just found this on talkSPORT:

According to Simon Jordan, “Any other business can take a fixed asset & revalue it.” “If I’m Mel Morris I’d throw the kitchen sink at the EFL.” “If FFP bites properly then the football world will mature & clubs won’t be lost.”@SJOpinion10 on #DCFC being charged for a breach of spending rules

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Dethorn said:

The sale of the stadium less the value of the stadium carried on the balance sheet will be the profit on disposal of asset

(going from what I have read on here)

The value of the Stadium on the Balance Sheet was £41M

The sale was £80M

Profit on disposal circa £39M

I know all of that... What I don't know is why our previous 3 sets of accounts seem to indicate we're £3.3m or £9m over budget, whereas people like Keiran Maguire say it's £14m.

3 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Do they? I can't be arsed to look at the specific regulations set by the EFL, but I'd be very surprised if they allowed you to value it at whatever price you wanted.

Anyway, I think our argument is that we couldn't do that anyway because we'd get done by HMRC.

HMRC are far more concerned with an under valuation than an over valuation. I.e transferring ownership of a fixed asses and avoiding the tax. If Mel had sold for 200m then he's also liable to pay all of the taxes etc that go with that enhanced price tag

3 minutes ago, steve bloomer said:

FLW and talkSPORT.

According to Simon Jordan, “Any other business can take a fixed asset & revalue it.” “If I’m Mel Morris I’d throw the kitchen sink at the EFL.” “If FFP bites properly then the football world will mature & clubs won’t be lost.”@SJOpinion10 on #DCFC being charged for a breach of spending rules

But nothing about 21 points deduction 

I agree with Simon jordon 

he’s right the Minute the EFL signed it all off ... end of story 

Have to admit, when the stadium sale was announced last year I felt a little uncomfortable at the time. Struck me very much as Mel trying to game the system.

Now it's impacting our reputation as a club. In this instance, we should get away with it but the more we do business this way, the more we'll be in the crosshairs. Also, if it's impacted the incoming investment, then you have to question the decision-making that led to this point. 

1 hour ago, duncanjwitham said:

That's not quite right in all cases.  Try getting your bank to give you a £1m mortgage on a house - even if you're paying £1m for it, the bank will want an independent valuation to make sure the loan is secured on something worth enough to cover it.  It's a similar situation here.

What about a cash buyer?

54 minutes ago, GenBr said:

The wages are our main problem really. As you mentioned we usually sell to buy apart from in one year.

We shouldnt really be trying to spend the same as the top spenders in this division. Its impossible without parachutes even if we have set Championship records for revenue in non parachute seasons. We need to spend within our own means and not look what others are doing. We could have spent well outside ffp and still come nowhere close to teams like Villa - their wage bill alone last season was more than all the money we spent on transfer fees since Nigel Clough.

Part of the problem yes, but buying players who don't deliver and are sold or end their contract at a large loss is the killer.  Not reducing their carrying value through the period of the contract just makes things worse.  I suspect Zoon is still valued at around £3m.  I wonder what Thorne is valued at? and Lawrence....

53 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Just a quick thought here - FFP was supposed to protect clubs from being exposed by renegade owners spending loads and leaving the club in rotten debts before doing a runner with none of the liability falling on them

We have an owner who is prepared to take on MORE financial liability (ie, buying the ground and leasing back to us) and continually complains he can't put more of his own money in - And the EFL are going out of their way by (it seems) questioning decisions they ratified previously 

In the same season Bolton nearly drop out of the football league and Bury actually do - Both clubs which (as far as I'm aware) complied with FFP regulations

Doesn't that seem a bit odd?

I mean people keep talking about us 'breaching the spirit of FFP' with the ground sale - But the rule was to try and stop teams going bankrupt because of what owners had done - Which the EFL have singularly failed to do for Bolton and Bury - And they want to punish Morris for making himself more liable, which seems to me to be the very spirit of FFP

FFP is a joke, and not fit for purpose, a bit like the football league. I’m not sure what it’s supposed to be achieving. Causing problems for the “bigger” championship clubs (Derby, Birmingham, sheff wed, reading) who desperately try and compete with relegated clubs and their astronomical parachute payments. 

whilst the likes of Bury go to the wall. I’ve thought for a while eventually, the bigger clubs would end up joining the premier league, which would then have 2 divisions. This could be the catalyst for it.

4 hours ago, The Orange Pimpernel said:

Thank you for posting that. I was finished on here. I could have made a list of those who would immediately criticise the club before anything was proved and quite frankly I'd rather not associate with them. Any road, that has cheered me up no end. Thanks again. (By the way did you notice Keoghs part in the fourth...that's what we are missing at centre back)

Welcome buddy. Good to see you're still around. Us happy-clappers need to stick together ?

COYR

54 minutes ago, steve bloomer said:

FLW and talkSPORT.

FFP designed to stop clubs getting into financial difficulty by over spending v the EFL trying to relegate clubs and put them into possible administration.

I think it's safe to assert that this will become the thread with the new record page-count.

I won't be obsessing or contributing much over this thread; it's too much of a depressing, labyrinthine long-winded mess.

Another thing's also definite: the players have to get their fingers out and win plenty of points, because 60-65 points must be our basic target to enable offsetting a possible points deduction. Hope for the best, but plan for the worst! How will the players respond?

We’ve already been served a triple-whammy, before any judgement is given….

As well as the probable damage to our January transfer prospects and worry over the impending re-financing of the club, it will certainly bu88er up the club's approach to the upcoming season-ticket renewal appeal. 

A points deduction would invoke a four, or even five-way @rse-kick – the above three penalties, the prevention of a play-off push, and if severe, relegation.

WTF are the EFL doing to address the horrendous income disparities between ‘resident’ 2nd-tier clubs like DCFC and those receiving parachute payment? It’s a totally skewed competition. (Yes, I know that doesn’t often lead to a bounce-back promotion for relegated clubs – but the disparity makes others ‘chase the dream’)

I’m sure that these points have been made but apologies, no point in reading every page, we cannae change what’s occurring in ivory towers and must watch & wait.

Mel & Co must be wondering what the hell to write in that 20/21 renewal letter to fans, apart from drawing up their defence alongside an exposition on the shocking disparities built in to a Championship campaign.

14 minutes ago, Duracell said:

What picture do you think they'll use for the official statement? Corner flag? Or is it time to mix it up a bit?

Hoping for a strong corner flag routine. Pitch and seats in the background. Perhaps Mel Morris in the centre circle: shirt off, boxing gloves on...

Archived