EFL charge Derby over ffp

alexxxxx

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Without going into detail, what you are saying is miles wide of the mark and completely incorrect.

I’ve never let lack of knowledge on a subject  stop me from having an opinion and I’m not about  to let it stop me now ?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Let’s just make sure we get the points penalty this season (if it comes) and not pass over to next.

If this happens then footballing wise there will be minimal impact and if we push on for promotion place next year we won’t have it hanging over us.

We could get relegated 

5 minutes ago, Northumberlandram said:

Just been googling and found this interesting

it is safe to conclude that the players we watch, follow and read about every day are more than just employees of their clubs. They are like any other capital asset - be it land, machinery, building or goodwill. Lionel Messi and Neymar are as much revenue-generating assets for FC Barcelona as the Camp Nou itself, if not more! 

That's not technically correct.

The players are just employees.

It is their contracts that are the asset of the club.

27 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

This is probably a lot of people's escape from crap in their lives, hence the over dramatic reactions

With their over dramatic reactions, they are only adding to the crap in their lives that they are trying to escape from.

This will probably drag on for a few months and there is nothing we fans can do to change the outcome, so relax and wait to see what happens before going over the top.

1 minute ago, Animal is a Ram said:

So let me get this straight. Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

The stadium has been independently valued. The accounts have already been signed off by the EFL. The EFL's issue now is that the stadium valuation is too high compared to what they think it is worth, which therefore means our P&S (FFP) figure is out of kilter.

Why wasn't it an issue before?
Are the EFL calling the surveyors liars? Or are they trying to infer we've had a dodgy dealing with the surveyor?
Are they calling Mel a liar in fiddling what the surveyor has said? 
If the value of Pride Park has been overestimated, why haven't HMRC kicked off?
What do the EFL value Pride Park at? Why? On what information - purely on what other teams' stadia have been valued at?

This is different from the Brum or Wendies cases.

The EFL got themselves in a self perceived hole by letting us do it. At some point someone has decided it wasn't acceptable but rather than let it go, they want to save face.

We should never have got into this situation but I can't see us losing.

11 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Vicious circle though, dont keep the fans happy and numbers drop, meaning more money needs pumping into the club...

Well, not necessarily.

It’s now widely accepted that Pearson was appointed due to fan popularity. 

Money spent sacking him, Anya, money spent trying to entice Martin back. Fair whack there.

22 minutes ago, GenBr said:

I dont disagree with you. GSE were also incompetent in my eyes.

Its a fine balance to strike, but the likes of Shef Utd have shown you dont have to go bust to do it. (Or at least break the arbritrary limit set by the EFL)

I hate the FFP rules with a passion, but they werent a surprise for us. They have been in place for a long time now. 

The biggest irony here is that FFP was GSE's idea. Tom Glick was the driving force behind it. 

1 minute ago, 1967RAMS said:

I’ve never let lack of knowledge on a subject  stop me from having an opinion and I’m not about  to let it stop me now ?

But there is literally no logic to your argument.

There would be no tax consequences for DCFC on the value of their ground until the point they sell it.

HMRC will have absolutely zilch interest in what it has been valued at in the accounts in the past.

As long as it is correctly valued at the date of sale that is all they will care about. 

3 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Maybe so. But pumping in money and chopping and changing managers every 5 minutes all with different styles of play doesnt help.

It almost makes sense now that MM  bought in Cocu. Putting him on a longish contract knowing he has a way of developing the youth.

Maybe MM  knew this was coming all along. 

Pumping in money and chopping and changing managers with different styles of play is what the majority of our fans wanted!!!

45 minutes ago, 1967RAMS said:

I don’t think the sale of the stadium is the issue. It’s the amount paid. The stadium was on our books as an asset for 41 million,  yet was sold for 80. Add this extra 39 million onto our stated loss of 8 million and that’s the problem, it breaches the allowed 39 mil over 3 years. The FA accepted  the sale but not the amount. We are in bother,  as are the so called independent valuer who made up the 80 million figure. It’s not the FA I would worry about If I was Mel. It’s the possible investigation by the inland revenue and/or legal authorities, if this can be proved to be fraudulent 

I think it was worse than that although I can’t be bothered to look it up again.

we valued it at 56m in the previous accounts? Then magically sold it for 80m against yet another asset value of 40m?

only accountants can make this stuff up and pretend any of it makes any sense. 
maybe the league never did rubber stamp it all, and have been requesting proof of valuation etc ever since.

40 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Oh it will; as I assume the lack of Investment is due to this - and waiting for this to be sorted is essentially the same as pulling out. Unless they're renegotiating the value of the investment. 

So that’s us signing no or

4 minutes ago, ossieram said:

With their over dramatic reactions, they are only adding to the crap in their lives that they are trying to escape from.

This will probably drag on for a few months and there is nothing we fans can do to change the outcome, so relax and wait to see what happens before going over the top.

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

So it's their independent valuers word against another independent valuers word?

Just guessing really but that must be it.

At 80m Derby made a 12m profit.

At 41m they would have made another massive loss of 27m so over the 3 years way over the limit.

Just can't think of anything else.

1 minute ago, Squid said:

Pumping in money and chopping and changing managers with different styles of play is what the majority of our fans wanted!!!

Indeed... many were wanting to Mel to chop and change again as recently as half time on Saturday.... oh, and lets not forget the whinging from some on here about lack of transfer activity (indeed, often the same people who are now making the most noise about this rather unfortunate situation).  

Archived