EFL charge Derby over ffp

alexxxxx

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, cosmic said:

We we’re explicitly told by our CEO that we’d met FFP. Sold a load of bull. 

Cant wait for the stadium stuff, now. Don’t believe a word Morris says. 

The EFL approved the valuation of the stadium, I’m not worried. Mel will have it covered and will have the backing of a lot of lawyers.

28 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Just having a quick look at the accounts and I've got the losses at

2016 £14m

2017 £  7m

2018 £25m after adjusting for stadium

So a total of £46m across the 3 years.

Can someone help me out here as I am obviously missing something!

?
i seem to recall 

16-17 £8m loss

17-18 (25m loss turned into a) 15m profit 

2 minutes ago, jake the ram said:

It's time all football fans around the country boycotted football.its just run by a bunch of dheads called the EFL.fatcats taking big wage packets for eff all.im done with football

I highly doubt we’ll get much sympathy off other fans mate 

9 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Uk Companies Act 2006. Section 396. The directors (not the company) must ensure that the balance sheet presents a "true and fair" view of the company.

So if the Board would be committing a criminal offence as individuals and collectively if they just "made numbers up". I'm sure that MM ha been around businesses long enough to know these basic principles and not chance his arm or do anything daft.

The auditors will have signed off the accounts saying they give a true and fair view. They will have seen the valuation documents during the audit. If they had a problem with the valuation, they would have discussed it with the club. If they hadn’t reached an agreement over it, they would have qualified the accounts by inserting a statement about it. 

5 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

All these posts just sum up how 'murky' English football has become. 

This is why I like the Southsmpton, sheff utd model, develop your own, exploit the system.

This now gives us a real chance to do this.

Those blaming our recruitment team can now book a holiday too! 

We can still blame the recruitment staff for the lasting damage they have done though, not as simple as blame person X or Y really, but I'm not happy with what a shambles we have become and that comes down mainly to the responsibility of one man. 

If we are to get a points deduction it will come this season if we look like making the play offs or drift towards the relegation zone, anything else and it will come next season 

31 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Just having a quick look at the accounts and I've got the losses at

2016 £14m

2017 £  7m

2018 £25m after adjusting for stadium

So a total of £46m across the 3 years.

I was of the understanding that from these losses certain expenditure, such as academy costs, could be deducted.

I seem to remember that Ramblur estimated these costs to be about £2m per year.

If that was correct that would be £6m over 3 years bringing our losses down to £40m.

I thought the allowable loss over 3 years was £39m.

If my calculations are correct (bear in mind I've just done these now whilst looking at the accounts on my phone) then we would be £1m over the limit?

Can someone help me out here as I am obviously missing something!

And even if they are valuing the stadium lower than us, it will still almost certainly be worth more than the previous £41m valuation. A £50m valuation now would easily put us within FFP limits.

Just now, Marriott Ram99 said:

We can still blame the recruitment staff for the lasting damage they have done though, not as simple as blame person X or Y really, but I'm not happy with what a shambles we have become and that comes down mainly to the responsibility of one man. 

I didnt say you couldn't!!! But the EFL may

Just now, Paul71 said:

If we are to get a points deduction it will come this season if we look like making the play offs or drift towards the relegation zone, anything else and it will come next season 

The only cause for optimism is that the points deduction if it comes this season is aptly timed as we have little chance of going up or down anyway we are the definition of slap bang in the middle in terms  of our points tally despite being `17th. We won't go down if we get deducted 11 points, we wouldn't even go down if we got deducted 14 or 15 points in my view, but it is still a sorry position to be in.

2 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Ooo... Oooo... I think I know the answer to who that is

... Keogh... 

Dammit, blew it?‍♂️

Archived