Players not paid on time

I dont blame Anya id do exactly the same as him. £28k per week. Its probably four times the amount he'd get anywhere else & he never has to play so gets every weekend off. Its our own fault for paying over the odds & giving out such a sweet deal to him. 

Not everyone likes playing football especially at that age. (not saying he doesnt) but its a job not everyone is going to leave a club to 'play football'

I've personally always thought the best job in the world is third choice keeper for a big club like carson at city & grant at United. Probably get 25k a week, never have to play so get every weekend off. Worst case if the first choice gets injured you have to sit on the bench

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens

Seriously if i entered a fixed term contract being paid 100k a year but a month in they said for whatever reason its not working but had no grounds to sack me, they said the only think we can do is put you on garden leave for the remaining 24 months, you have to be available if called within reason and so on....no way would i think 'oh im so embarrassed to earn this money doing nothing' . Their fault for not researching me, or researching the role they anticipated i would be doing.

Of course i will keep myself upto speed with the business i am in, but i will happily sit and take that money. I guess in the meantime if i was to receive an offer somewhere else on reduced money i could negotiate terms with my current company to take a pay off so that i am not financially compromised. Derby have this option dont they if they dont want him.

In fairness always felt he looked to be part of Phils plans until the injury, seemed to feature in pre season.

It’s a bit strange that Anya has been almost totally ignored by three managers in succession. Maybe there is a big wedge due to Watford if he ever makes his 20th start for us. 

anyway i thought he was injured? 

snapped his bootlace? 

Sith Happens
Just now, RamNut said:

It’s a bit strange that Anya has been almost totally ignored by three managers in succession. Maybe there is a big wedge due to Watford if he ever makes his 20th start for us. 

anyway i thought he was injured? 

snapped his bootlace? 

He was injured in pre-season with the prediction it would be 'months' not 'weeks'.

It was made clear he was not playing because a clause would kick in meaning further payment. When we sold JR he then played, we were told the income from JR sale allowed us to play Anya and pay the amount needed.

What it probably means is the so called 4 million price tag was an 'upto', which in a way is good news for Derby as we will probably pay nowhere near that but bad news for him.

As far as i know every manager has said his attitude is excellent so hopefully when he does move on he gets himself a nice little deal somewhere he can play. I always thought he was a decent player, not great but certainly would have been useful during our issues this season.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Van Cone De Head said:

crazy clark gable GIF

Typical amazing DCFC deal.

Not quite up there with the 'Huddlestone upto 2.5 million' deal to spurs which was knocked on the head for some crap loan or other....

9 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Not quite up there with the 'Huddlestone upto 2.5 million' deal to spurs which was knocked on the head for some crap loan or other....

That was mad but if I misquote you as.

Rams receive boost as cash freed from releasing Johnny Russell allows them to play Iketchi Anya...?

Sith Happens

3 minutes ago, Van Cone De Head said:

That was mad but if I misquote you as.

Rams receive boost as cash freed from releasing Johnny Russell allows them to play Iketchi Anya...?

Pretty sure that was the upshot yes.

Let's just pretend for a second;

If Anya had been offered the chance to go on loan, to say Birmingham and he turned it down, if he then told the club that he wasnt interested in going on loan, he doesnt need to be played in the u23s as he was just happy running his contract down, that would go someway to explaining how and why he was ignored by different managers. Not sure if that was the case, but sounds plausible.

I think Cocu was actually willing to give him a chance.

On 02/01/2020 at 20:39, woody01530 said:

Sick to death of obscene wages. Wages to turnover should be 60%. Just can't understand why that isn't rule in epl & efl.

Could get rid of the ridiculous parachute payments too if this was done.

Then they will all be looking to play in a different country where the cap has no effect

It has been a mystery as to why Anya has not lived up to his price tag , wage etc like I said I was asking why he was not playing and that was the reply , it might be true or not ! 

But 

Income / Expectations / Desire / price tag / Comfort / Stress 

The years to come might answer all the questions 

On 02/01/2020 at 19:35, Josh said:

Exactly. Such a hard cruel life these footballers. 

Try being in the midst of an addiction being one..... 

22 hours ago, Spanish said:

Then they will all be looking to play in a different country where the cap has no effect

They can look but they won't find anyone who will have them on their wages. Only the top five European leagues pay a higher average salary than the Championship and very few Championship players would be good enough to play in them. Even when wages in the Premier League were lower than Italy and Spain, very few made the move abroad. Generally speaking, English players have not been good enough to play abroad. 

40 minutes ago, The Key Club King said:

They can look but they won't find anyone who will have them on their wages. Only the top five European leagues pay a higher average salary than the Championship and very few Championship players would be good enough to play in them. Even when wages in the Premier League were lower than Italy and Spain, very few made the move abroad. Generally speaking, English players have not been good enough to play abroad. 

Not doubting the value of a cap just that the prem will not support it and the efl will become an even more distant second cousin

Archived