Players not paid on time

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

With the report bro g in the Daily Mail I’m surprised that Jeremy Corbyn hasn’t been blamed for it.

He can’t be held responsible. He was in the forest planting some of the 2 billion trees

15 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Is it morally wrong to see out a contract that has been negotiated and agreed by your agent and the club? I don't think so. 

Jesus Christ lad. Are you his mate or something? ?? Yeah it was agreed, at the time, where both parties would have thought he would be a key player. The blokes played less than 40 games for us. He’s been fit and not even made the bench for large period of times during his time here.  

And if you read my original post, I said that he and the club should come to a compromise to sort the situation. Why as a professional footballer would you be happy to sit on your arse? Wasting a short career. Would you not want to play?

Would it not be feasible for the club to offer him to clubs for free?  Then it’s up to the player to sort his end out. But no, Poor Anya can’t take a pay cut on his circa 25k a week contract. Bless him. 

1 minute ago, Josh said:

Jesus Christ lad. Are you his mate or something? ?? Yeah it was agreed, at the time, where both parties would have thought he would be a key player. The blokes played less than 40 games for us. He’s been fit and not even made the bench for large period of times during his time here.  

And if you read my original post, I said that he and the club should come to a compromise to sort the situation. Why as a professional footballer would you be happy to sit on your arse? Wasting a short career. Would you not want to play?

Would it not be feasible for the club to offer him to clubs for free?  Then it’s up to the player to sort his end out. But no, Poor Anya can’t take a pay cut on his circa 25k a week contract. Bless him. 

No I'm not his mate. I just think, along with a few others, that to expect him to take a pay cut is unrealistic and not something any/many of us would contemplate. I did read your post but why should he compromise? 

Just now, Tamworthram said:

No I'm not his mate. I just think, along with a few others, that to expect him to take a pay cut is unrealistic and not something any/many of us would contemplate. I did read your post but why should he compromise? 

He can do what he wants. I just think it’s weird and would be better for both the club and him, to get him on his way. I’ve got nothing against the bloke otherwise. 

17 minutes ago, Josh said:

He's barely played for years. He's prob looking at 2-4 k a week league 1 or 2 now. Why on earth would you give up a cushy wage that'll see you through for years if invested correctly

I'd do the same. Footballs a job for him, same as supermarkets are for me

19 minutes ago, Josh said:

If he went somewhere else, he’d be lucky to get £5k pw. It makes financial sense for him to stay here. 

27 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

He's barely played for years. He's prob looking at 2-4 k a week league 1 or 2 now. Why on earth would you give up a cushy wage that'll see you through for years if invested correctly

I'd do the same. Footballs a job for him, same as supermarkets are for me

You’d do the same because you’re not a footballer. He earns more than you might get in a year. Easy to say.

2 hours ago, Josh said:

You’d do the same because you’re not a footballer. He earns more than you might get in a year. Easy to say.

Well... Not so much,bit fat for that these days

Friends with a few lower league players, league 2 and what not 

Same bills to pay, same family to support and little prospects after mid 30s

So, by rights,your saying if your not the best at what you do, you should sack it in and sign on.. Just because he's a talented athlete doesn't mean he should be treated differently

He signed a contract, it's right, and legal, that it gets honoured

On 02/01/2020 at 11:08, Lokidoki said:

Probably closer to reality is that these higher wage payments were deferred into the next year/month. A lot of companies do not work to the HMRC financial year. If the newco is working to a Jan 1st to Dec 31st and they are paying the salaries then it would explain why they couldn't be paid on the 1st, as it a Bank Holiday in the U.K.

Deferring would save the club a months high salary wage bill. Quite a lot I guess.

One of the most utterly staggering examples of lack of understanding of the subject that I have ever witnessed

On 02/01/2020 at 14:45, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Best case scenario is someone ballsed up the cashflow and they had to wait until after New Years Day to sort it, in which case we look incompetent.

Worst case scenario we are struggling for cash full stop and the investment is literally a bail out because we are financially daffy ducked.

Neither scenario is a good one.

So they didn't even know about the problem until after banking hours on new years eve ?

On 02/01/2020 at 19:35, Josh said:

Exactly. Such a hard cruel life these footballers. 

FFS get off the guys back,has he refused to play has he been injured through his own stupidity of course not his contract was entered into by all involved ,If anyones to blame its the club via the manager who signed him.

On 02/01/2020 at 22:25, bimmerman said:

little prospects after mid 30s

Why? Get a job like everyone else, go back to college/uni learn something new, learn a trade. I don’t buy this BS a footballers life is over after playing, if you haven’t earned enough in your career, then find a new one. 

Archived