v Barnsley (H) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Its not like Martin and Marriott haven't played together this season - they have had plenty of minutes together and accomplished very little.

In terms of actual starts, they played together against Middleborough and forest. We beat Middleborough convincingly and were unfortunate to lose against forest. To me, they accomplished something and showed signs of promise.

Hamer

Wisdom Davies Clarke Lowe

Huddlestone Bird

Holmes Knight Waghorn 

Rooney

Tom Huddlestone spraying balls to Wayne Rooney in a championship relegation battle. Classic Derby. Let’s hope we win this one then hopefully we’ll start seeing “playoff battles” involving us instead

13 hours ago, Ruda Harliss said:

Thought Bogle was poor at Wigan, he played like he couldn’t care less. 

I agree it's like he knows he's going!  I'd go 

Hemer

Wisdom   Davies    Clarke   lowe

Bird 

Knight      Rooney     holmes

Waghorn           marriott 

Got alot of running in that midfield to get forward and back!     

4 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'd be highly amused if Rooney's not in the 18.

"Not shown enough in training" said Cocu

The Sky Sports huffy fit would be hilarious.

They're certainly bigging it up on their Football Home Page.  Wonder when we were last the main feature on their football home page?...... ?COYR

Was entertaining how many times Rooney was mentioned in the Baggies v Dirties game last night.

Doubly so, it being Leeds.

Has to be Rooney in for Bielik for me - won't have any consistency without selecting the same set of players. Those that played 70+ minutes with 10 men deserve to stay in - just hope their efforts haven't taken too much from them for tonight, especially when Barnsley have had a day extra to rest.

Hamer

Wisdom, Clarke, Davies, Lowe 

Bird

Waggy, Holmes, Roo, Knight

Marriott

Hamer - no reason to drop

Wisdom - Bogle still not fit, and he played very well against Charlton

Davies - No reason to drop

Clarke - No reason to drop - I know he's only just back from injury but CB is a more protected position from a physicality standpoint

Lowe - Excellent v Charlton - only caveat is on fitness, as he covered a lot of ground, so if he's not 100%, then Malone isn't the worst option.

Bird - Charlton was his best game in a Derby shirt, but he's young, and so if he's not fit (and Shinnie *is*) then this is one position I wouldn't be too upset to see rotation.

Rooney and Holmes in the middle - again, caveat on fitness - Holmes has played a lot of minutes in the last couple of weeks and his heat map for the Charlton game would be blinding to look at. *if* he's not 100%, then maybe Sibley?

Waghorn out right- best option we have there and thought he played well v Charlton

Knight on the left unless he's got any kind of after effects from the lump he took to the head - if he does, then I think we nudge Marriott out wide and play Martin up top.

Marriott has to start after his performance v Charlton - if he can get a goal then I reckon he'll kick on.

Subs: I'd like to see Sibley, Whittaker and Mitchell-Lawson all get on the pitch. Would be fantastic if we finished with a win and an 11 featuring 6 academy graduates!

58 minutes ago, RedSox said:

They're certainly bigging it up on their Football Home Page.  Wonder when we were last the main feature on their football home page?...... ?COYR

As a mate of mine said, would be fantastic if he started on the bench, and then, with a 3-0 lead, and 20 minutes left to go, the board goes up for our final substitution....

and on comes Morgan Whittaker.

22 hours ago, gfs1ram said:

Nah.  If Davies and Waghorn are out I think he will play Forsyth but I would prefer Martin to Josefzoon

and if Bogle is fit I would put Wisdom at centre half but Cocu does not seem to like that option nor does

he seem to like Martin/Marriott up front ???   :-

Hamer

Bogle    Wisdom  Clarke  Lowe

Holmes         Bird         Knight

Rooney

Martin         Marriott

Go for it and ATTACK !!

That is THE team - I love it

Starts praying 

The same team that played on Monday should play. Fatigue shouldn’t be too much of a problem as Wisdom, Lowe, Marriott have been in and out of the team, Bird hasn't played much and Clarke is just back from injury. Only ones having played a lot are Davies, Holmes, Knight and Waghorn?

My former employers treated me to a night in hospitality for this game as part of my farewell gift. It was originally in the Pedigree Suite but we had a letter over Christmas to say we're upgraded to the Toyota Suite and Directors' Box. Means we will get to see the game from the best seats in the place and MOTM presentation so I am going to be gutted if it's not Rooney. ?

Archived