v Barnsley (H) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

Hamer

wisdom Davies Clarke lowe 

waghorn bird knight Holmes 

Rooney    

Marriott 

all dependent on injuries and if the manager thinks some are knackered but this picks itself

those ten plus Wayne Rooney !

sibley to come on for Rooney and Martin for Marriott after we are 4-0 up ( we have some good players despite what some say)  

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same team for me but obviously Rooney for Bielik! In terms of formation, 

Hopefully;

Hamer.

Wisdom.   Davies.   Clarke.   Lowe.

Bird.

Waghorn.   Holmes.   Knight.

Rooney.     Marriott.

probably;

Hamer.

Wisdom.   Davies.    Clarke.    Lowe.

Waghorn.   Holmes.   Bird.      Knight.

Rooney.     Marriott.

All of the ten left on the pitch when Bielik got sent off (after suffering from momentary mind-loss) deserve to start on Thursday.

Personally, I'd still like to see us play with a two up front of Marriott and Martin. I'm hoping Rooney will link up the midfield and attack at the top of a diamond.

16 hours ago, twinthe_12 said:

Team vs Barnsley.

Hamer - did allmost okay behind a shaky defence, but instead we need a new quality keeper as soon as possible.

Wisdom - nice to see him back. A lot better than Bogle,  that loses his man too often. Did good with his power and his head in defence too.

Davies - last season for him for sure, but right now we haven't got anybody else. Bielik should play in his place instead when he gets back. In midfield he's too clumsy and slow right now.

Clarke - didn't perform, but will get better

Forsyth - better than Lowe as left back

Bird - did even better vs Charlton. Good eye for passing long balls. Sure starter now.

Knight - sure to start again. What a game vs Charlton.

Holmes - right now he should start, but Sibley has to come in instead as soon as possible - it's time for him to shine in the first team too like he has done in the U23.

Rooney - as a 10 instead of Lawrence

Marriott - the goals has to come now together with Rooney.

Martin - gives us an extra egde up front to hold the ball and calm down the play.

Is this serious?

2 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

If we put Rooney in for Bielik and keep the same system, that would mean Holmes is back on the wing. Not saying that's wrong, but he put in his best performance of the season in central midfield last night.

Does it? Surely Holmes continue in a centre pairing with Bird, Waghorn and Knight on wings with Rooney behind Marriott

2 hours ago, Shuff264 said:

Does it? Surely Holmes continue in a centre pairing with Bird, Waghorn and Knight on wings with Rooney behind Marriott

This! Don’t shackle Rooney. Get that midfield working like it did last night and give Rooney the freedom of the pitch to pull the strings.

Think this is fairly straight-forward; Rooney in for Beilik. Sorted.

Unless fitness is an issue.

70mins with 10 men can be tiring. Waghorn looked shattered when he went off, Bird hasn't much playing time at this level (nor Marriott recently). Clarke first game back etc..

I'm hoping none of this is an issue, but wouldn't be surprised to see one or two fresh legs in - maybe Malone and Martin?

5 minutes ago, U.M. said:

Think this is fairly straight-forward; Rooney in for Beilik. Sorted.

Unless fitness is an issue.

70mins with 10 men can be tiring. Waghorn looked shattered when he went off, Bird hasn't much playing time at this level (nor Marriott recently). Clarke first game back etc..

I'm hoping none of this is an issue, but wouldn't be surprised to see one or two fresh legs in - maybe Malone and Martin?

Don't change a winning team. If a player gets tired then you use your subs. 

Rotating the team won't build any consistency. 

4 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Don't change a winning team. If a player gets tired then you use your subs. 

Rotating the team won't build any consistency. 

Agreed.

It's not what I'd do but, how many times have you heard managers say they wanted to freshen things up despite having a winning team?

10 minutes ago, U.M. said:

Agreed.

It's not what I'd do but, how many times have you heard managers say they wanted to freshen things up despite having a winning team?

Who do we have to rotate in though? Martin or Malone and that's about it. Doubt he'll drop Lowe after last game and bringing Martin into this team would mean a change of style. Think we'll go with the overwhelming breakaway pace that we saw against Charlton. 

Archived