v Barnsley (H) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

Thursday 2nd January 2020 - KO 1945 - Live on Sky Sports

Pride Park

Can the Rams start 2020 as they ended 2019 with a performance bristling with spirit and desire?

Barnsley are in better form than Charlton and will present a stiffer challenge than the ailing Addicks but have the Rams turned the corner now and go on to make it back-to-back victories for the first time this season?

Team news: The Rams will again be strengthened without the suspended Tom Lawrence and he is joined on the sidelines by Biffa Bielik after the latter's red card tonight. Huddlestone may be available again after suffering shock at scoring a goal in the reverse fixture at Oakwell whilst there may be a debut for some fat lad from Liverpool.

Lets do this.

Go!

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Team vs Barnsley.

Hamer - did allmost okay behind a shaky defence, but instead we need a new quality keeper as soon as possible.

Wisdom - nice to see him back. A lot better than Bogle,  that loses his man too often. Did good with his power and his head in defence too.

Davies - last season for him for sure, but right now we haven't got anybody else. Bielik should play in his place instead when he gets back. In midfield he's too clumsy and slow right now.

Clarke - didn't perform, but will get better

Forsyth - better than Lowe as left back

Bird - did even better vs Charlton. Good eye for passing long balls. Sure starter now.

Knight - sure to start again. What a game vs Charlton.

Holmes - right now he should start, but Sibley has to come in instead as soon as possible - it's time for him to shine in the first team too like he has done in the U23.

Rooney - as a 10 instead of Lawrence

Marriott - the goals has to come now together with Rooney.

Martin - gives us an extra egde up front to hold the ball and calm down the play.

14 minutes ago, twinthe_12 said:

Team vs Barnsley.

Hamer - did allmost okay behind a shaky defence, but instead we need a new quality keeper as soon as possible.

Wisdom - nice to see him back. A lot better than Bogle,  that loses his man too often. Did good with his power and his head in defence too.

Davies - last season for him for sure, but right now we haven't got anybody else. Bielik should play in his place instead when he gets back. In midfield he's too clumsy and slow right now.

Bird - did even better vs Charlton. Good eye for passing long balls. Sure starter now.

Holmes - right now he should start, but Sibley has to come in instead as soon as possible - it's time for him to shine in the first team too like he has done in the U23.

Martin - gives us an extra egde up front to hold the ball and calm down the play.

Did you even watch the game tonight or on the wind up?

Hamer

Wisdom      Davies (C)   Clarke     Lowe

Waggy         Holmes       Birdinho   Knight   

Wazza

Marriott 

Same team and setup as when Bielik went off but put Rooney behind Marriott.

I am so excited for thursday after tonights performance.

I dont think Rooney will start, maybe a 70th minute sub, get him up to speed first.

I reckon he will start against palace though.

Same team bar Bielik, would probably look at playing Sibley in that midfield with Bird playing deep.

Optimistic asf!

Come on you ramssssss

Hamer

wisdom    Davies    Clarke    Lowe

Bird

Holmes      Knight     Sibley

Marriott     Rooney

Hamer

Wisdom Davies Clarke Lowe

Bird Rooney

Waggy   Holmes  Knight 

Marriott 

Give Rooney license to pull strings and arrive late for long shots.

People will try double up on him creating space round the pitch for the other energetic players to use.

Another hardworking display to earn that right to play again like we did tonight. 

COYR

Got to be careful not to be complacent, Barnsley are in decent form and could cause us some trouble. Same energy and desire is needed going forward to get anything from this game.

Having said that... We're going to win this one. Quote me, screenshot me, @ me.

8 hours ago, JustOneChrissyMartin said:

Hamer

Wisdom      Davies (C)   Clarke     Lowe

Waggy         Holmes       Birdinho   Knight   

Wazza

Marriott 

Same team and setup as when Bielik went off but put Rooney behind Marriott.

My thoughts exactly 

10 hours ago, twinthe_12 said:

Team vs Barnsley.

A bit early to be hitting the new year tipple isn't it?

Some comedy classic comments in there (Hamer, Clarke and Lowe).

Rooney is fit and raring to go and even though not match fit will be head and shoulders above any other player on the pitch.

His experience and class is desperately needed and if it can be harnessed to the same energy levels as last night then we are on for another win.

11 hours ago, Squid said:

I am so excited for thursday after tonights performance.

I dont think Rooney will start, maybe a 70th minute sub, get him up to speed first.

I reckon he will start against palace though.

Same team bar Bielik, would probably look at playing Sibley in that midfield with Bird playing deep.

Optimistic asf!

Come on you ramssssss

You might want to review that in light of Mr Cocu’s post-match words and I paraphrase “ Yes Wayne will start on Thursday”. ?

Archived