Jayden Bogle - Left for Sheffield United

Rev

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 24/12/2019 at 14:19, Millenniumram said:

4 clubs? Should be a bidding war then and we should get above his worth.

Queue us flogging him for a bag of crisps and half a pack of hobnobs

On 24/12/2019 at 22:27, IslandExile said:

Plain chocolate hob nobs?

Sorry got distracted.

Yeah, bidding should start at £15 million.

(And I think his ankle injury is what's affected his form this year.)

Lidl own brand is superior to McVities hobnobs in all independent taste panels. 

#ITK

I don’t think at this stage of his career he is much better than Cyrus Christie was (both on there best days are fantastic, but does not consistently deliver).

Clearly Jayden is still young but does need to improve a lot to not be “just a decent  champ player” which is what he might turn out to be. 

If we can get decent money and a steady replacement from youth or elsewhere then I say sell. But we cannot sell any of the better players from the current squad without a decent replacement.

8 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

I don’t think at this stage of his career he is much better than Cyrus Christie was (both on there best days are fantastic, but does not consistently deliver).

Clearly Jayden is still young but does need to improve a lot to not be “just a decent  champ player” which is what he might turn out to be. 

If we can get decent money and a steady replacement from youth or elsewhere then I say sell. But we cannot sell any of the better players from the current squad without a decent replacement.

I think this sums up Bogle quite well.

But, we seem to have this philosophy of selling our most sellable asset and replacing with a couple of players equal to or better than what we sold...however that never seems to work with our pathetic recruitment.

Imagine if we kept our best players and added to them.

Vydra, Ince, Will Hughes, Hendrick etc etc...we would probably be a premier league club now rather than bottom feeders in the Championship, albeit with a nice big fat fine for flouting FFp rules.

Pretty sure he'll be off. He's the only asset we have teams seem to be interested in, and it looks like the sale of him is the only way we are going to generate cash for January signings, which we need.

Thing is he's not at prime market value at the moment. £7m isn't a fee a lot of us would have entertained last season. He was a player you could see joining a Bournemouth/Burnley for £15m. If we hold on for 6 months we could get double what we would now. At worst I doubt it will drop. 

Wonder if Frankie might be interested now their ban us overturned. The fee is loose change for them and maybe he can be developed there.

All that said, £10m plus decent add ons and I'd sell if we were promised the money for 2 quality young players.

Archived