Jayden Bogle - Left for Sheffield United

Rev

2 hours ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

How long do we wait for him to become a really good player. Currently similar to Cyrus Christie who is decent, but a journeyman.

Cyrus is decent and not yet a journeyman.  He's only played for a few clubs. He's playing for a top 6 champ side and plays at international level.  Bogle, like Christie might not turn out to match our hopes but I think he's playing at a higher level at a younger age than Cyrus and I think he's already better going forward. Cyrus might edge it defensively. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

How long do we wait for him to become a really good player. Currently similar to Cyrus Christie who is decent, but a journeyman.

Christie's 27 and was 21 when he joined us from Coventry. Bogle is still only 19 and is way better than Christie ever was with us - give the lad a break.

13 minutes ago, Andrew3000 said:

Cyrus is decent and not yet a journeyman.  He's only played for a few clubs. He's playing for a top 6 champ side and plays at international level.  Bogle, like Christie might not turn out to match our hopes but I think he's playing at a higher level at a younger age than Cyrus and I think he's already better going forward. Cyrus might edge it defensively. 

Don't think Christie was ever good defensively. During the middle part of his spell here he was 23/24 and was constantly found out of position. Bogle does similarly but he's got another couple of years learning how to strengthen the defensive side of his game.

Bogles issues as a defender are all down to him not wanting to be a defender in my opinion, he’s fantastic going forward but when it comes to defensive duties he’s not interested, he does just enough. Mix that with no real competition for his spot on the team sheet and I reckon that’s why we see these half arsed jogs back to his position more often than not. 

Thing is with Bogle, he needs a consistent centre-back partnership alongside him. You saw how he excelled with Tomori & Keogh by his side all season, he needs another partnership like that! (Hopefully Te Weirik & Clarke!) 

From what I’ve seen all over social media Bogle is our new scapegoat, has a poor run of form and all of a sudden he’s “too cocky, arrogant, think’s he’s better than he is etc”

It’s all ducking ridiculous in my opinion. He’s an attacking full-back for christ sake. 

He’s 19 (20 in 11 days) and is in his 2nd season of professional football, he’s only going to get better.

Get off his case and support the team

22 minutes ago, Squid said:

Thing is with Bogle, he needs a consistent centre-back partnership alongside him. You saw how he excelled with Tomori & Keogh by his side all season, he needs another partnership like that! (Hopefully Te Weirik & Clarke!) 

From what I’ve seen all over social media Bogle is our new scapegoat, has a poor run of form and all of a sudden he’s “too cocky, arrogant, think’s he’s better than he is etc”

It’s all ducking ridiculous in my opinion. He’s an attacking full-back for christ sake. 

He’s 19 (20 in 11 days) and is in his 2nd season of professional football, he’s only going to get better.

Anyone who comes through at Derby gets a shed load of criticism if they stop being excellent for a spell or they get injured and need time to rebuild their form in the team - classic example Mason Bennett 23 years old - if we signed him now we would be excited to see him play 

For whatever reason (move along) I watched the Cardiff game via their TV broadcast channel.....anyway, they were incredibly complimentary about the Rams including that Bogle is regarded as the best right back in the Championship... (slightly off topic now) also, they mentioned during the 7 or eight minute passage in first half when we were knocking it around for fun that Cardiff were just chasing shadows and were worried that they couldn't get near us stating it was one of the best examples they've seen of keep ball this season....we have a LOT to be positive about...the glass is most definitely half full and just needs topping up a little

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Anyone who comes through at Derby gets a shed load of criticism if they stop being excellent for a spell or they get injured and need time to rebuild their form in the team - classic example Mason Bennett 23 years old - if we signed him now we would be excited to see him play 

Don't see that at all.

If we signed a player who'd been at lets say Leeds for 9 years.  In that time he'd spent three loan spells at league1 and 2 without scoring or cementing a place further than the sub bench and long term injury when not on loan. He'd gone back to Leeds and had a season in and out the side, without much goal return and was then sent to Millwall on loan on the back of abhorent personal behaviour . Whilst out on loan he compounded this abhorrent behaviour with comments that were filmed about his home club.

I would not be happy or excited in any way.

How many young players suffer in there second season after there breakthrough season? A lot, also Bogle got injured first game of the season which didn’t help and seems to have had a few niggles all season. 
  Personally I still think he is one of our better players and will improve, still think he is one of our better attacking outlets, defensively yes he still needs to improve and certainly needs some competition as well.

9 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Don't see that at all.

If we signed a player who'd been at lets say Leeds for 9 years.  In that time he'd spent three loan spells at league1 and 2 without scoring or cementing a place further than the sub bench and long term injury when not on loan. He'd gone back to Leeds and had a season in and out the side, without much goal return and was then sent to Millwall on loan on the back of abhorent personal behaviour . Whilst out on loan he compounded this abhorrent behaviour with comments that were filmed about his home club.

I would not be happy or excited in any way.

Bennett biggest issue is his recurring injuries which blights his opportunities in a side 

Why is Bogle being written off here ? He might not have had a good of a season as last year (opinions) but neither have we as a team. He still has 5 assists and 1 goal this season which i dont think is bad going. I saw a stat of he was the highest assisting young full back under trent for the last 12 months. Dont think thats bad going. He is our most valuable asset and will go on to have a good career. Talks of 'journey man' for a 19 year old in his second season in championship football is laughable. 

Also im pretty sure he is playing through injury at the moment. Maybe they havent said that but they wouldnt. Just like with Jack Marriott. 

I do wonder whether we all watch too much Premier League football and then expect similar from our players. 

We want watertight defenders who run like the wind and can produce pinpoint crosses. 

I'd settle for defenders who can defend and anything else is a bonus. 

Trouble is, you need at least two midfield players who can tackle and protect the back four. 

Doesn't leave much scope for attack. 

I feel sorry for the full backs. 

They are expected to be at both ends of the pitch to suit the whims of the crowd. 

6 hours ago, Squid said:

Keep seeing people say we need a new winger, why can’t JB fill that place and we find a replacement right back for JB instead. It’s been mentioned he’s better going forward than defending and recently TL’s defensive attributes have improved and efforts have increased, let’s coach him into the role of our NEW right winger 

Even TAA at Liverpool is suspicious in defending I've watched him being done numerous times. Man United game they lost or drew last season both goals came from him going wandering. Bogle is 19 he's going to be a top player at 26 no doubt  most 19 year-olds would be lucky to have played a handful of first team games never mind 2 full seasons

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

I do wonder whether we all watch too much Premier League football and then expect similar from our players. 

We want watertight defenders who run like the wind and can produce pinpoint crosses. 

I'd settle for defenders who can defend and anything else is a bonus. 

Trouble is, you need at least two midfield players who can tackle and protect the back four. 

Doesn't leave much scope for attack. 

I feel sorry for the full backs. 

They are expected to be at both ends of the pitch to suit the whims of the crowd. 

That did cross my mind, but the best in the premier League are Chelsea with a 25.4% cross success rate. We're at roughly 23%. Other than Chelsea, only 5 other Premier League clubs boast a better cross success than us in the Championship.

We may be 20th in terms of number of crosses per game in the Championship, but that would be enough to put us 13th in the Premier League

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

That did cross my mind, but the best in the premier League are Chelsea with a 25.4% cross success rate. We're at roughly 23%. Other than Chelsea, only 5 other Premier League clubs boast a better cross success than us in the Championship.

We may be 20th in terms of number of crosses per game in the Championship, but that would be enough to put us 13th in the Premier League

Does this mean we’re made for the premier league ?

On 15/07/2020 at 17:28, IslandExile said:

I'd keep him because he will become a really good player and, especially in the Covid climate, we would not get enough for him.

Exiled in the South, I watch the Saints' games. As much as it pains me that he's not a fully fledged Ram, I've accepted that my son supports the local team. After all, it could have been worse - he was born in Wakefield at a time when I worked in a nearby city.

Anyhow, they have Kyle Walker-Peters on loan from Tottenham. He's still young and I'd say ahead of Bogle defensively and offensively. In fact, he's a bit of a driving force for them and though initially rested tonight changed the game when he came on for the second half. And that's all in the Premier League.

Here's the rub. Spurs apparently only want £10 million for him. That's a bargain but highlights how little I think we'd get for Bogle.

We should keep him. He will develop into a very good player for us ?

7 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Exiled in the South, I watch the Saints' games. As much as it pains me that he's not a fully fledged Ram, I've accepted that my son supports the local team. After all, it could have been worse - he was born in Wakefield at a time when I worked in a nearby city.

Anyhow, they have Kyle Walker-Peters on loan from Tottenham. He's still young and I'd say ahead of Bogle defensively and offensively. In fact, he's a bit of a driving force for them and though initially rested tonight changed the game when he came on for the second half. And that's all in the Premier League.

Here's the rub. Spurs apparently only want £10 million for him. That's a bargain but highlights how little I think we'd get for Bogle.

We should keep him. He will develop into a very good player for us ?

Walker-Peters is 23 though. 

Archived