Jayden Bogle - Left for Sheffield United

Rev

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Cam the Ram said:

Derby supposedly putting what I'm sure most would agree is a low value on one of our top players

giphy.gif

Asked Ryan what his confidence in that valuation was. 

His response was "not confident; just relaying what I've been told." - to not be confident about it would suggest he hasn't been told that by anyone particularly close to the people who make such decisions.

19 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Tricky one though since value is based on supply and demand

Anyone genuinely think a top 10 PL club is going to buy Bogle as their first choice RB?

Any club coming in for him as a future prospect aren't gonna pay over £10m for him - And any club wanting to have him as a first choice RB won't be able to afford to pay more then £10m for a RB

Lloyd Kelly signed for Bournemouth for 13 million from Bristol City, same position is a year or 2 older and is nowhere near as good as Bogle

4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

His response was "not confident; just relaying what I've been told." - to not be confident about it would suggest he hasn't been told that by anyone particularly close to the people who make such decisions.

Doesn't matter.

£8m will now become gospel on here and Twitter, even if journos with a proven track record on the club suggest a higher figure at some point.

13 minutes ago, Topram said:

Lloyd Kelly signed for Bournemouth for 13 million from Bristol City, same position is a year or 2 older and is nowhere near as good as Bogle

Fair shout

But suggests they won't be in the market for another RB soon - And they're one of the few teams I'd have thought might come in for Bogle as a potential starter

Sheff Utd maybe? Or Brighton? But can't see either of them paying big bucks

6 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Fair shout

But suggests they won't be in the market for another RB soon - And they're one of the few teams I'd have thought might come in for Bogle as a potential starter

Sheff Utd maybe? Or Brighton? But can't see either of them paying big bucks

Tbf Brighton paid 25 million for that Webster, if we could get 15 million for him to rebuild this squad then it would probably be worth it

We'd probably get more money from a big team gambling on his potential than we would from a lower-end top division side looking to put him in their starting XI.

Just now, Mostyn6 said:

for £8m, in fact, for anything up to £18m, I'd keep him and help him improve his defensive play. We aren't desperate to cash in as far as I know, so why give him away on the cheap

I'd take £15m + some small sell-on/future profit %; but I share your sentiment. 

6 minutes ago, Topram said:

Tbf Brighton paid 25 million for that Webster, if we could get 15 million for him to rebuild this squad then it would probably be worth it

The problem is nowadays £15m doesn't get you much unless your scouting is very canny, which ours isn't, so at best that would get us 3 adequate first teamers, or 1 1/2 up and coming match winners.  So we need to maximise every single deal.

1 minute ago, ramsbottom said:

The problem is nowadays £15m doesn't get you much unless your scouting is very canny, which ours isn't, so at best that would get us 3 adequate first teamers, or 1 1/2 up and coming match winners.  So we need to maximise every single deal.

I think the best way to re-invest any big fee we received would be to get a couple/few top quality loans in again. With the state the market is currently (huge fees for average players), that would probably be the safest bet, either getting a top youngster for the season or a top end player struggling for game time at their Prem clubs with a view to make it permanent if we get promoted. I mean, just look at the two teams running away with it this season .... Leeds have one of the best centre backs in the league on loan in White, Nketiah who has won them plenty of points with his goals, and both Costa and Harrison in with a view to a permanent deal. Then West Brom have Diangana who's contributed to 9 goals and Pereira who's probably the best player in the league currently in with a view to a permanent. 

24 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Ask @Andrew3000 ? - When your team is struggling it's usually better to improve as many weak links as possible - So might be worth sacrificing a star in order to do that

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

He also said the christmas party was cancelled which turned out to not be true. Wonder if a few people are dangling things near him to see if he bites with him being a new journalist focusing on the club.

Didn’t Forest sell a player who had made barely any starts for their first team for £8m? Not to mention Burke who went for £13m. 

This club is its own worse enemy at times. We’ve got our own dedicated club journalist releasing figures low balling ourself. Not doubt leaked from someone at the club, not from a person at a potential buying club.

£15m is a fair value for a teenage defender who is worryingly our most creative player. When I say fair, I mean all parties can be okay with the deal, personally don’t see why we shouldn’t want more. £8m is an absolute travesty.

3 hours ago, cheron85 said:

Any club coming in for him as a future prospect aren't gonna pay over £10m for him - And any club wanting to have him as a first choice RB won't be able to afford to pay more then £10m for a RB

You mean like Bournemouth paying £13m for Lloyd Kelly not to be first choice? ?

Spurs paying £25m for Sessegnon who isn't making the bench

Even Wolves paid £18m for Traore who has only started featuring prominently this season.

...so that's not really true is it? 

Archived