Jayden Bogle - Left for Sheffield United

Rev

On 17/07/2020 at 17:27, Ghost of Clough said:

And his value is reflected by his age, not being wanted by his parent club, and having only 1 year on his contract. 

Those are just three reasons why we can still value Bogle more highly than Spurs value Walker-Peters. 

Exactly this. We sold Hughes for £5 mill and paid half as much again for Waggers after all. A player's value is what another club is prepared to pay and not a lot more anyway.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suspect that with 80 million in cash being placed in the coffers relatively recently from the stadium sale we might not be in a position where we need to sell.

I also suspect that although there's a lot of financial turmoil around at this moment in time, the economy will bounce back hard and we'll be well on the road to recovery.  If I were Mel I wouldn't be looking to sell anyone beyond Bennett, Malone and Josefzoon this summer.  Why sell an integral asset like Jayden cheaply now when the team can have the benefit of him playing for us and you'd be much more likely to get nearer to the full value next.

In essence, if it's a choice of 5 million now or 15 million next summer, I know which I'd be choosing.

Stop trying to sell our best players. If we are in dire need financially, it may be necessary. But Bogle is good enough to be our starting RB now, at 19, with plenty of room to grow and become a better player. I want to see him and Lowe become our starting full backs next season. Imagine having 2 positions filled by 2 youngsters, you're set for the foreseeable future, unless someone comes in with a big offer.

I get it can be frustrating when players have dips in form, or don't live up to 'world class' hype, but we need to get out of this culture of binning players so quickly. We would only end up replacing him with a player who is coming out of their prime and start declining or another youngster who is more inexperienced.

43 minutes ago, r4derby said:

Stop trying to sell our best players. If we are in dire need financially, it may be necessary. But Bogle is good enough to be our starting RB now, at 19, with plenty of room to grow and become a better player. I want to see him and Lowe become our starting full backs next season. Imagine having 2 positions filled by 2 youngsters, you're set for the foreseeable future, unless someone comes in with a big offer.

I get it can be frustrating when players have dips in form, or don't live up to 'world class' hype, but we need to get out of this culture of binning players so quickly. We would only end up replacing him with a player who is coming out of their prime and start declining or another youngster who is more inexperienced.

Its happened every season, we sell a player to buy the 2 or 3 players we need to get us up, except the ones we sell end up playing in the Prem and the ones we buy are deemed not good enough for the prem, its bizarre....although last season broke that mould slightly.

Hendrick, Hughes, Grant, Vydra off the top of my head. 

2 hours ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

I suspect that with 80 million in cash being placed in the coffers relatively recently from the stadium sale we might not be in a position where we need to sell.

Cash may be in the bank account but P&S (FFP) says we’re (potentially) very close to the limit for next season. 

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Still? Blimey.

We’ll be moving outside of the period which includes the stadium profit. We’ll have a much clearer view when the accounts are released in the coming days/weeks. We should stay just inside limits, but that will mean we have quite a lot of legroom the season after. 

I can’t help thinking the FFP rules may get tweaked as all clubs are likely to see a drop in ST sales and match day revenue which in the championship are always a significant proportion of income. You could end up with everyone in breach which kind of defeats the object of points deductions.  

11 minutes ago, jono said:

I can’t help thinking the FFP rules may get tweaked as all clubs are likely to see a drop in ST sales and match day revenue which in the championship are always a significant proportion of income. You could end up with everyone in breach which kind of defeats the object of points deductions.  

That would be the sensible reaction to this scenario, however this is the EFL we are talking about.

Unfortunately good sense and reasonable behaviour doesn’t exist in the four walls of their ivory towers. 

They would rather set fire to their empire and watch it burn rather than take evasive action in the midst of the catastrophe about to land at the doors of many of their members. ???

On 19/07/2020 at 18:52, Ghost of Clough said:

We’ll be moving outside of the period which includes the stadium profit. We’ll have a much clearer view when the accounts are released in the coming days/weeks. We should stay just inside limits, but that will mean we have quite a lot of legroom the season after. 

Another good scenario is the fact i don't believe wages for Academy players 20 and below are accounted for in FFP.

So next season transfers permitting 4 or 5 of our matchday squad will be "free".

10 minutes ago, SIXTEEN AGAIN said:

Another good scenario is the fact i don't believe wages for Academy players 20 and below are accounted for in FFP.

So next season transfers permitting 4 or 5 of our matchday squad will be "free".

Sorry i am wrong about this as it only applies to League 1 and 2 !!

• 1 month later...

I couldn’t copy all of the article but it seems we’re asking £10m

Exclusive: Fulham set sights on signing £10m-valued Derby County star

By

Wayne Veysey

- 

26th August 2020 at 3:19pm

Fulham have set their sights on signing Derby County rising star Jayden Bogle, Football Insider understands.

Archived