Jayden Bogle - Left for Sheffield United

Rev

More of the article

Fulham have set their sights on signing Derby County rising star Jayden Bogle, Football Insider understands.

The newly-promoted Premier League club are looking to strengthen at right-back and the 20-year-old County ace is on their target lost.

A recruitment source has told Football Insider that Derby have set a £10million asking price on the product of their academy.

The youngster has attracted interest from Premier League clubs since breaking into the first team when Frank Lampard was in charge two seasons ago.

West Ham have also taken a close look at Bogle, who has already played 77 Championship matches despite only turning 20 a month ago.

Fulham are in the market for a right-back to add competition ahead of their Premier League return.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For 10 million someone should volunteer to drive him to Fulham in my opinion.  He's good going forward but is very vulnerable defensively, I'd sooner we play Wisdom right back then spend the 10 million on a right winger and a new striker and if we can also get Malone and Jozefoon  off the wage book then we could have the FFP room to pay decent wages as well. Out of the young players we have he is definitely the one I would look to sell as SIbley and Bird are more important to the team and Knight wouldn't get us more than a few million.

If we can get a 10-15% share of his next fee as well 10 million would be more than fair in my eyes.

8 minutes ago, JAT said:

Unless there’s an academy player waiting in the wings I don’t think he’ll go just yet.
Based on the number of academy players needed to be in the squad for next season. 

We've got Ebosele who is a good prospect at right back, personally would sell him if we get 10 mill or more + a sell on fee as we need the money to invest elsewhere.

8 minutes ago, JAT said:

Unless there’s an academy player waiting in the wings I don’t think he’ll go just yet.
Based on the number of academy players needed to be in the squad for next season. 

Ebosele is ready to step up, I'd imagine Wisdom would be first choice. Would allow us to play Lowe to his strengths at LB too. 

1 minute ago, Taribo said:

As good as £10m in the coffers would be, it’s undeniable he’s one of our biggest outlets going forward - we’d have to spend big on a pacey winger

1 goal and 5 assists isn't a great attacking output, for saying how limited he was at defending at times. 10 million would be a great sum for him.

1 minute ago, Taribo said:

As good as £10m in the coffers would be, it’s undeniable he’s one of our biggest outlets going forward - we’d have to spend big on a pacey winger

Exactly. 

Let's have Wisdom at RB, Mike and Matt in the middle, Forsyth at LB and big Dave in goal. 

A bit of solidity but with the ability to play a pass. 

A solid CDM plus two mobile ball players in midfield and two tricksters supporting the CF. 

Cue the fireworks. 

Based on his first season, £10m would seem like peanuts - based on potential alone. Last season he either: wasn’t as good, was as good but expectations were much higher and so he seemed not as good, or he had just levelled out a bit and the potential is still there.

For some reason I would still be a bit disappointed with £10m (but hopefully there would be sell on clauses, bonuses etc... the full Football Manager works). However, if he were to leave I don’t think it would have a massive impact on the team, would provide funds and be a good example of the operating model going forward.

Archived