Jayden Bogle - Left for Sheffield United

Rev

Just now, RamLad1884 said:

4 Premier League clubs plus possibly European clubs? Surely we should be looking at a serious bidding war for him here. 

No need to sell and is a current first team player, I'd imagine we're looking more like the kind of transfer tug of war we had over Jeff Hendrick rather than Hughes 

I think the days of sealed bids in envelopes with Captain Bob are long gone, each team will have its own valuation and budget and will move on if the price being quoted doesn't match these expectations. 

I don't expect 4 clubs to follow our dumb historic transfer policy of paying over the odds for players

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a big fan of Bogle, still only 19 and already over half a century of Championship games under his belt, with the potential to go far higher than the level we're currently at.

If a bid of £12m-15m comes in and we turn it down, financially that might restrict our ability to bring in players for at least 3 positions where we are in urgent need of strengthening - CB, attacking MF and a quality winger with pace.

1 hour ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Should be looking at close to 15 million. At least a club record sale. I think I'd probably sell, unless we have money to spend already. 

He should be going for at least the same amount that Lloyd Kelly went for when he left Bristol City to join Bournemouth, if not more.

Bogle has shown more promise than Kelly did, finished higher and, I think, made more championship appearances.

Bidding should start at £15m a go from there. But this is the club that sold Will Hughes for £4m so who knows what will happen.

2 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

4 Premier League clubs plus possibly European clubs? Surely we should be looking at a serious bidding war for him here. 

No need to sell and is a current first team player, I'd imagine we're looking more like the kind of transfer tug of war we had over Jeff Hendrick rather than Hughes 

Agreed. We should be looking to land at least £15m with multiple clauses to net us that again in the future. Sell on clause, England international, etc. 

37 minutes ago, desirelines said:

If we get £8-10m for him and loan him back for the rest of the season, I honestly wouldn’t mind. 

Would rather have more money than having him back on loan to us, not like we are gonna get promoted or get relegated so it would be pretty worthless having him back and he’s not been as good without Keogh next to him. Might as well get more money and have Wisdom as a stop gap till the end of the season to allow us to have the time to identify a proper replacement 

8 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

4 clubs? Should be a bidding war then and we should get above his worth.

Queue us flogging him for a bag of crisps and half a pack of hobnobs

Plain chocolate hob nobs?

Sorry got distracted.

Yeah, bidding should start at £15 million.

(And I think his ankle injury is what's affected his form this year.)

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

Plain chocolate hob nobs?

Sorry got distracted.

Yeah, bidding should start at £15 million.

(And I think his ankle injury is what's affected his form this year.)

Well only accept the finest?

Hell get sold for 5 rising to 7 million is my guess, you just watch with our record.

Not a penny less than 10 million. If 4 premier league clubs are sniffing around him I'd say he is highly rated. 

Brighton paid in excess of 20 million for a CB from Bristol City, I'd say Bogle is worth at least 10 million.

The only reason I can see the club accepting a slightly reduced fee is because it would work wonders towards FFP and allow Cocu to spend some of the new investors money.

16 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

He should be going for at least the same amount that Lloyd Kelly went for when he left Bristol City to join Bournemouth, if not more.

Bogle has shown more promise than Kelly did, finished higher and, I think, made more championship appearances.

Bidding should start at £15m a go from there. But this is the club that sold Will Hughes for £4m so who knows what will happen.

Yeah and what's mr sideways pass doing now , vastly and I mean vastly over rated isn't good enough to be a shoe lace in mounts shoe 

If there is any interest he'll be off. Im a Derby fan & if i was him id want to go. Stay here with not much chance of promotion or go to the prem in Jan & potentially double my wages. Opportunity to play at that level might not come again. 

Id be having my agent making it clear to the club id want to go. Its alright us saying £15-£20m but if a player wants to go it might affect the price or the club might have had a gentlemans agreement at some point.... "if we get an offer of £10m we'll let you go" 

Archived